A Song For March (a song tourney with a difference)

Tools    

Weird is relative.
1. Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First

2. Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20, Movement 3

3. Eisbrecher - Exzess Express

4. Garbage & Screaming Females - Because The Night

5. The Velvet Underground - What Goes On

6. Iron Maiden - Killers

7. Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive

8. The Cult - Fire Woman

9. Tiamat - Equinox of the Gods

10. Depeche Mode - It's No Good

Round 10:
Thin Lizzy - Emerald

@ahwell - just a mention in case you forget to post your votes but thought you had?

For round nine? Yes, I did post my votes.
Indeed you did, and I already have them recorded on the spreadsheet - apologies, am blaming recovery from illness for my apparent daftness

Sorry for disappearing. I was without internet most of last week.

Round 10 nomination:

Brody Dalle - Rat Race

Sorry for disappearing. I was without internet most of last week.
S'ok, no need to apogalise - just assumed you were out slaughtering innocents
Welome back

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20, Movement 3 From a young pup I have loved Mozart. Especially when it comes to his string concertos. They inspire, intoxicate, enrapture and I wax poetic upon hearing them, and him.
In the Musical Artist Hall of Fame, with the nomination of Amedeus, @SilentVamp (also a Classical enthusiast and just all around Class Lady) posted a truly beautiful/passionate piece, Mozart Symphony 41 K 551 - Molto Allegro and this made me reminiscent of that one.

Iron Maiden - Killers Always enjoyed the Paul era of Iron Maiden a little bit more and songs like this are reason why

Eisbrecher - Exzess Express Did anyone have issues with the original link? Came up "not available". No biggie, just curious. Any poop, f@ckin feelin this. Serious riff and the vocals are an excellent match up to the music.

Garbage & Screaming Females - Because The Night a very powerful rendition by both ladies in this video. Moving, like the first time I heard Natalie Merchant sing this.

The Cult - Fire Woman always loved this one

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive Don't really like Bon Jovi, but I really do like this one. Love the guitar work in it

Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First Not extraordinary but definitely a good solid song to kick out

The Velvet Underground - What Goes On this one not so much

Depeche Mode - It's No Good Never a fan, nothing against the song itself, it works, just not for me

Tiamat - Equinox of the Gods good but not great

Weird is relative.
Eisbrecher - Exzess Express Did anyone have issues with the original link? Came up "not available". No biggie, just curious.
The same thing happened to me, I assumed it was because I don't live in Europe or the U.K. Copyright issues in my country or something...
So I listened to it on Google Play Music instead.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The same thing happened to me, I assumed it was because I don't live in Europe or the U.K. Copyright issues in my country or something...
So I listened to it on Google Play Music instead.
i just did another search on youtube and got another version that did. I thought it was something like that as well. I remember that occurring on and off in past tournaments.

Eisbrecher - Exzess Express Did anyone have issues with the original link? Came up "not available". No biggie, just curious. Any poop, f@ckin feelin this. Serious riff and the vocals are an excellent match up to the music.
Sorry about the link, played ok for me here which is all I can ever tell I'm afraid (I don't use vpn's). More than likely copyright reasons as mentioned by Mija. Glad you enjoyed it, that meshing of sound and vocals is perfect isn't it. Group was started by two ex-members of Megaherz (who came into being the year before Rammstein started) which is another group you might enjoy checking out.

No votes from 'Pops' but that's not really surprising as parental matters rightly take precedence.

Round 9 results:

1st - Garbage & Screaming Females Because The Night (64 pts)

2nd - Iron Maiden - Killers (57 pts)
3rd - Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20, Movement 3 (55 pts)
4th - Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive (53 pts)
5th - Eisbrecher - Exzess Express (51 pts)
5th - Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First (51 pts)
7th - The Cult - Fire Woman (49 pts)
8th - Depeche Mode - It's No Good (47 pts)
9th - The Velvet Underground - What Goes On (38 pts)
10th - Tiamat - Eqiuinox of the Gods (30 pts)

Well done honeykid on getting one through to the Final on your return

Round 10 will be up in due course...

1. Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt
Rammstein is little hit-and-miss band for me but this one is surely one of the hits. Lindemann has one of the best voices ever.

2. Ennio Morricone / Christy - Run, Man Run
One of the best movie themes ever. Morricone is god and Christy does amazing vocals.

3. Alice in Chains - Love, Hate, Love
Very nice slow-tempo grunge. Sounds surprisingly bombastic. I'll need to check them out properly if this is what they do (did?).

4. Thin Lizzy - Emerald
One of the few Thin Lizzy songs that I know (though I first encountered it as Skyclad's cover version). It's also the best of that bunch.

5. Electric Light Orchestra - Last Train To London
Kinda groovy but would benefit from more power. The lead singer is pretty weak too.

6. Brody Dalle - Rat Race
Good chorus but little dull verses. Hard to make this simple stuff interesting.

7. Wagner - Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde
It's not bad but it just doesn't do anything for me.

8. gang of four - damaged goods
This one's again in the bad spot between punk and proper music.

9. The Stranglers - Always The Sun
This sounds like they've grown tired of everything. Nothing left but slow death.

10. Dick Dale and the Del-Tones - Misirlou
Really don't like this surf sound. The brass part in the middle was the high point.

Congrats! @Sedai

1. Dick Dale and the Del-Tones - Misirlou
  2. Alice and Chains - Love, Hate, Love
    Great band, love 'Would?' !
  3. Electric Light Orchestra - Last Train To London
    Added this one to my 70/80's YouTube playlist
  4. Ennio Morricone / Christy - Run, Man Run
    Ennio and John Williams are the soundtrack GOAT's, original choice, very un-devlish pahak
  5. Thin Lizzy - Emerald
    Another great band, fav. tracks are 'Boys Are Back In Town', 'Whiskey In The Jar' and 'Dancing in the Moonlight'
  6. The Stranglers - Always The Sun
  7. Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt
  8. gang of four - damaged goods
  9. Brody Dalle - Rat Race
  10. Wagner - Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde

Round 11
Alice in Chains - Would?

1. Wagner - Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde

2. gang of four - damaged goods

3. Alice and Chains - Love, Hate, Love

4. Ennio Morricone / Christy - Run, Man Run

5. The Stranglers - Always The Sun