Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This is one where the movie is more about the character than the story. Very good performance from Joaquin

So bad it's good. TNT obviously learns kung fu at the same school as Dolemite.

Unregistered User

Diary of a Chambermaid (1964)

The most easy to follow Bunuel I've seen so far. Same target as usual, in the bourgeoisie and same real dark moments. Jeanne Moreau was absolutely perfect in her role as Celestine.
Great film.

Welcome to the human race...
Diary of the Dead -

lol @ my old review (like I know the ratings aren't much different, but now I'd have much different - and almost certainly better - words to go with them)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
We Won't Grow Old Together - 7.5/10
The title kinda sucked me in, along with the other recommendation's on this person's movie list... An off-beat romance with a lot of uncertainty. A little redundant, but I still enjoyed it.

6th Re-watch...Easily, the funniest movie Neil Simon wrote directly for the screen with a glorious all-star cast who, for the most part, are no longer with us.

For the sake of curiosity I watched this thing. It's a crappy science fiction movie: mediocre special effects, cardboard sets, cringe inducing writing and TV quality direction. It claims to be based on Ghost in the Shell, the manga, but in actuality the only things it shares with it are the names of some characters and that it features cyborgs. By the way, in this movie the characters are very, very stupid, it is clear from the movie's writing that the people who made this do not understand the basic thematic concepts of the manga or the classic Oshii's movie. Basically, the manga exposes the concept that body and soul are separate through the inner struggles of people whose physical bodies were replaced. Instead the plot of this movie is more like a poorly executed version of Robocop.

While most of it was mediocre some parts of the movie were so bad that I almost felt painful watching it. Rating 3.5/10.

I bailed out fairly quickly.

Buy a boat without holes next time is the best advice I can offer.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Figures in a Landscape - 6/10
Malcolm McDowell and Robert Shaw might be my favorite English actors, but I wondered about the quality of writing and read that Shaw wrote the screenplay based on a novel... Good foundation for a story, but hardly any meat on the bones.

Good recommendation! The acting was swell, and the suspense held one's interest. It even had a gratifying ending following a plot twist.

I kept hoping they would shoot some scenes with a regular camera, because the continuous computer/android screens were getting annoying. But I guess that was the film's gimmick. And perhaps the younger set feels right at home watching things via tiny screens...

~Doc

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Feels like an original trilogy Star Wars movie but without the Skywalker's family drama mixed in. Very well paced and executed adventure movie, way better than Last Jedi, which felt less like a Star Wars movie and more like some sort of fanfiction using Star Wars media properties. This one is all around entertaining and effective in a way only A New Hope was, and its ending is actually quite powerful.

While Disney might be using Star Wars as a cash grab brand I really enjoyed creative anthology movies like this one set in the same universe as the original movies but still functioning as standalone movies rather than being actual sequels.

Based on the truth.. and lies.

Snowpiercer (2013)

Very cool and different sci/action movie. Very unique style I knew it was French "based on a French graphic novel" by the strangeness of it all 😂

Chris Evans, John hurt, Tilda swinton, Ed Harris.

The Asphyx (1972)

This one was brought up by @SeeingisBelieving in my last year's movie diary. I liked the idea but the writing was (in my opinion) very flawed. Potential was there but sadly the film didn't really deliver.

Unregistered User

Under the Silver Lake (2018)

If ever a film was going to get mixed reviews, it would be this one. Although I'll sit on the side of the fans. Has a Neo-noir, Lynchian, pop culture feel to it with some dark moments. Some funny moments too and I liked the score. Not sure why it needed to be close to 2 1/2 hours long but its a fun movie. Interested to hear what others think.