GBG's Non-Country Music Count-UP

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm still trying to catch up from missing a few days, so here are a few more of my favorite songs.

36) Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You

37) Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away

38) Billy Vera and the Beaters - At This Moment

I can't find it, but there's a wonderful clip somewhere of Jukebox Jury where his new song (the one after that, I think) is played and absoultely torn apart by the jury... And he's the special surprise guest. It's horribly awkward.

I can't find it, but there's a wonderful clip somewhere of Jukebox Jury where his new song (the one after that, I think) is played and absoultely torn apart by the jury... And he's the special surprise guest. It's horribly awkward.

What is Jukebox Jury?

At first, it was a 60's, I think, programme in which a panel listened to new songs and decided whether they'd be a hit or a miss. They brought it back in video form in the late 80's.

Original 60's version.

Lloyd Cole on the 80's version.

Just found this one, too. A young Craig Ferguson and Robert Smith.

At first, it was a 60's, I think, programme in which a panel listened to new songs and decided whether they'd be a hit or a miss. They brought it back in video form in the late 80's.

Thanks for the info and the links.

Jukebox Jury looks like an interesting concept, but it might be better if the songs were played without telling the judges who the singers were, and if the audience could also participate to get a much larger voting audience.

It's a little bit before my time, but I think "American Bandstand" used to do something similar with new songs too.

If they brought it back these days you could probably d/l an app that would allow you to vote live and online. There'd still have to be a celeb panel, more now than ever, because that seems to be the only way they'll bring any programme back. Well, over here, anyway.

If they brought it back these days you could probably d/l an app that would allow you to vote live and online. There'd still have to be a celeb panel, more now than ever, because that seems to be the only way they'll bring any programme back. Well, over here, anyway.

That have a show like that now, but it's more like "American Idol". People can download their app, and they can vote for or against an unknown singer. If they get 70% "Yes" votes, then they go through to the next round. The show is called "Rising Star".

In celebration of Alan Jackson's birthday today, it's time for another country music break with one of my favorite country singers.

Country Song #6A:
Alan Jackson - Here In The Real World

Country Song #6B:
Alan Jackson - Someday

Where's all the female singers gbg?
Or are you like my wife and far more attracted to male vocals??
And just how long is this break gonna be???

Where's all the female singers gbg?
Or are you like my wife and far more attracted to male vocals??
And just how long is this break gonna be???

I completely forgot about this thread.

I tend to prefer male voices, but there are a few female singers that I like. Here's one of my favorites:

Julie Andrews singing one of my favorite Patsy Cline songs: (BTW, today is her 83rd birthday )

I completely forgot about this thread.
Am I in trouble for bumping it now?

Am not the biggest fan of Ms. Andrews (don't know why but she just irritates me) but she does have a nice enough singing voice and Crazy is such a classic song

Am I in trouble for bumping it now?
Nah, there's nothing wrong with bumping an old thread. I'll have to see if I can find my list again. If not, maybe I'll just "wing it" and use this thread to post random songs I love, and a few that just get stuck in my head every once in a while.

Am not the biggest fan of Ms. Andrews (don't know why but she just irritates me) but she does have a nice enough singing voice and Crazy is such a classic song
I can't imagine anyone not loving her voice. I think she has one of the best voices ever.

It's a shame that she can't sing like she used to since her botched surgery.

'Winging it' is always the best option imo