Your Top 10 John Williams' Compositions

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
"John has given movies a musical language that can be spoken and understood in every country on this planet. John Williams is the most common language through which people of all ages communicate and remember to each other why they love movies. I am the only person who can say that I've collaborated with John for exactly half of his life. Without question, he has been the single most significant contributor to my success as a filmmaker. This nation's greatest composer and our national treasure is also one of the greatest friends I have ever had in my entire life." ~ Steven Spielberg

Star Wars
Raider's of the Lost Ark
Superman (1978)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Catch Me If You Can
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Home Alone
The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
Lost in Space (TV Series)

Three of my favorite Williams pieces that don't get mentioned very often...

The Long Goodbye

The Sugarland Express

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Going simply by the music and by Williams' talent for getting it right in regard to the tone of the film, rather than the actual films themselves or whether I like them or not:

1. Seven Years In Tibet
2. Jurassic Park
3. Superman
4. Indiana Jones
5. Harry Potter
6. Star Wars
7. Saving Private Ryan
8. The Witches Of Eastwick
9. E.T
10. Jaws

even tho this is Meco's version of John Williams' theme, i like listening to his disco version more than John Williams pure scores

that said, John Williams has tons of great movie music. can't go wrong with this one, for total 100% geek immersion! ↓↓↓

since others have already posted it, gonna go ahead and link this one too

blasted this one at the end of a beer pong game one time when my opponent needed to make a clutch shot. he missed! complete intimidation factor. he wasn't prepared to be Superman

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
since others have already posted it, gonna go ahead and link this one too

blasted this one at the end of a beer pong game one time when my opponent needed to make a clutch shot. he missed! complete intimidation factor. he wasn't prepared to be Superman

The opening 3 notes repeated (harp music excluded) to the TV series starring George Reeves sounds similar to what Williams used in his Superman music. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this. It's just a bit of trivia.

Schindler's List. Pure masterpiece.

1.) Jaws

2.) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

3.) The Lost World: Jurassic Park

4.) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

5.) The Empire Strikes Back

6.) Nixon

7.) Munich

8.) The Return of the Jedi

9.) The Long Goodbye

10.) Saving Private Ryan

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Of the ones I can remember (the compositions, that is):

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. The Return of the Jedi
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark
5. Jurassic Park
6. Superman
7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
8. Jaws
9. E.T.
10. Memoirs of a Geisha

At the moment, I can't recall the rest.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Actually, switch Memoirs of a Geisha out for Schindler's List. Forgot about that one, though I don't see how I did.

10. Jurassic Park Main Title

9. Jaws Main Title

8. The Long Goodbye Main Title

7. Raiders March

6. The Imperial March

5. The Return of the Jedi

4. Carol of the Bells

3. Somewhere in My Memory

2. Duel of the Fates

1. Superman Main Title