The Wolverine

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really hope this doesnt get cancelled.

Movie Forums Insomniac
I really hope this doesnt get cancelled.
The film doesn't even supposedly begin to start filming until spring of 2013, so I am not even psyched for this until I see a trailer. Which won't be until late 2013/early 2014 (the earliest).

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The film doesn't even supposedly begin to start filming until spring of 2013, so I am not even psyched for this until I see a trailer. Which won't be until late 2013/early 2014 (the earliest).
Im a big fan of the X-Men series and X-Men Origins Wolverine and I would love another film. I thought it was awesome when they said this movie was going to be made and I still hope it doesnt get cancelled.

ivo
Movie Forums Extra
It was a cool movie

Oh really? What was your favorite part in 5 words or less.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Im a big fan of the X-Men series and X-Men Origins Wolverine
Thats a conundrum wrapped in a riddle.

The new Wolverine will be set in Australia...with a Japanese theme or something. The Federal Government and the state Government are helping out with money I believe?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It's going to be set in Japan, but filmed in Australia.

Suspect's Reviews

It's going to be set in Japan, but filmed in Australia.
The Great Gatsby -the film set is in Australia.

Well it is

The Great Gatsby is an upcoming American romantic drama film adaptation of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald's 1925 novel of the same name. It will be directed by Baz Luhrmann, and will star: Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby, Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan, and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway. Amitabh Bachchan as Meyer Wolfsheim and Brendan Maclean as Klipspringer are set to make their Hollywood debuts in this film.
Filming began on September 5, 2011 in Australia.[2] The film is set to be released in cinemas on December 25, 2012 by Warner Bros. Pictures.[1]
Contents [hide]
1 Cast
2 Production
2.1 Development
2.2 Casting
2.3 Filming
3 References
4 External links
[edit]Cast

Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby
Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway
Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan
Joel Edgerton as Tom Buchanan
Isla Fisher as Myrtle Wilson
Amitabh Bachchan as Meyer Wolfsheim
Elizabeth Debicki as Jordan Baker
Jason Clarke as George B. Wilson
Brendan Maclean as Klipspringer
Callan McAuliffe as Young Jay Gatsby
Sam Davis as a Barman
Gemma Ward as Catherine, sister of Myrtle Wilson
Gus Murray as Teddy
Stephen James King as Nelson
Jens Holck as a Monk
[edit]Production

[edit]Development

Leonardo DiCaprio will portray the lead role of Jay Gatsby.
Prior to this film there had already been a Broadway play and numerous film adaptations of F. Scott Fitzgerald's acclaimed 1925 novel of the same name.[3] There had also been another film project that halted when a rival movie with director Oliver Stone and actor Colin Farrel made it into production first.[4] In December 2008 Variety magazine reported that this film adaption of the book was to be made with Australia (2008) filmmaker Baz Luhrmann set to direct it. The publication reported that the director intended to focus on the remake, which was without a script and studio at the time, after Australia's awards run concluded.[3] When asked about the movie, Luhrmann stated that he planned the remake to be more timely due to its theme of criticizing the often irresponsible lifestyles of wealthy people.[5] In order to commit to the project, in September 2010 Luhrmann moved with his family from Australia to Chelsea, New York, where he had intended to film The Great Gatsby.[6] While Luhrmann was at the Consumer Electronics Show in January 2011, he told The Hollywood Reporter that he had been workshopping The Great Gatsby in 3D, though he had not yet decided whether to shoot in the format.[7] In late January 2011, Luhrmann showed doubt about staying on board with the project,[8] before deciding to stay. In 2010 it was reported that the movie was being set up by Sony Pictures Entertainment[9] but by 2011 Warner Bros was close to acquiring a deal to finance and take worldwide distribution of The Great Gatsby, according to Deadline Hollywood.[10]
[edit]Casting
Luhrmann stated that the results from the movie's workshop process of auditioning actors for roles in The Great Gatsby had been "very encouraging" to him.[4] The first person to be cast was Leonardo DiCaprio.[4] He is to play the title role of Jay Gatsby, a young, mysterious millionaire who has shady business connections and an obsessive love for Daisy Buchanan, whom he had met when he was a young officer in World War I. Tobey Maguire[4] has been cast to play Gatsby's friend, and main character, Nick Carraway, a bond salesman who serves as the narrator to the story.
Reports linked Amanda Seyfried to the lead role of Daisy Buchanan, an attractive, effervescent and superficial young woman, in October 2010.[11] The next month Deadline Hollywood reported that Luhrmann had been auditioning numerous actresses, including Keira Knightley, Rebecca Hall, Amanda Seyfried, Blake Lively, Abbie Cornish, Michelle Williams and Scarlett Johansson, as well as considering Natalie Portman, for Daisy.[9] Soon after, with her commitment to Cameron Crowe's We Bought a Zoo, Johansson pulled out of the running due potential scheduling conflicts with her upcoming film.[12] Not too long later it was reported that British actress Carey Mulligan had not only become a contender, but the front runner for the part.
On November 15, Luhrmann announced that Mulligan had been cast to play Daisy after reading for the part on November 2, in New York.[4] She got the role shortly after Luhrmann showed her audition footage to Sony Pictures Entertainment executives Amy Pascal and Doug Belgrad, who were impressed by the actress' command of the character.[4] Mulligan burst into tears after learning of her casting via a phone call from Luhrmann, who informed her of his decision while she was on the red carpet at an event in New York. Regarding the casting of Daisy, Luhrmann said "I was privileged to explore the character with some of the world's most talented actresses, each one bringing their own particular interpretation, all of which were legitimate and exciting. However, specific to this particular production of The Great Gatsby, I was thrilled to pick up the phone an hour ago to the young Oscar-nominated British actress Carey Mulligan and say to her: 'Hello, Daisy Buchanan.'"[4]
In April, Ben Affleck was in talks about playing the key role of Tom Buchanan, but had to pass due to a scheduling conflict with Argo, an Iran political hostage thriller he plans to direct next.[13] His project was supposed to begin production in September, while The Great Gatsby is expected to begin a month earlier.[14] Several weeks later, Affleck was replaced by Joel Edgerton.[15] Bradley Cooper had previously lobbied for the part[15] and Luke Evans was a major contender for Tom.[16] Another Australian actor to land a part was Isla Fisher who was cast to play Myrtle Wilson.[14] Australian newcomer Elizabeth Debicki won the part of Jordan Baker, love interest of Nick Carraway (Maguire), right after graduating from Victorian College of the Arts.[17][18] When casting for the supporting role of Jordan, the filmmaker said that the character must be "as thoroughly examined as Daisy, for this production, for this time”, adding, “It’s like 'Olivier's Hamlet was the right Hamlet for his time. Who would Hamlet be today? Same with a Jordan or a Daisy".[19] In June 2011, Jason Clarke was cast as George B. Wilson.[20]
[edit]Filming
Initially, The Great Gatsby was planned to be filmed in New York, where the novel is set, starting in June 2011.[6] Several months earlier the director instead opted to have the principal photography happen in Sydney. According to the then Premier of New South Wales Kristina Keneally, the movie will earn the NSW economy AUD$120 million (US$118 million), with the shoot expected to last seventeen weeks and another thirty weeks to be spent on post-production. A reported 275-person crew will be employed during the pre-production stage with more than 400 cast and crew being employed during principal photography. Another estimated 150 post-production and visual effects crew will also be employed. Filming began on September 5, 2011 at Fox Studios in Sydney. The shoot finished on December 22, 2011 with additional shots filmed in January 2012.[2][21]
The majority of large working, and stationary set pieces used in the movie were on loan, and worked by members of the Menangle Steam Historic Society[citation needed].
[edit]References

Well, The Great Gatsby in set in New York I believe?? And Australia has great architect and great scenery. That probably didn't make sense, though for me it does..LOL!

Oh good. A pretentious Super Hero movie! I hope it is as good as the first Hulk movie!

/sarcasm

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I am a huge fan of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Him and RDJ as Iron Man are my favourite.

That being said, when I first saw this newly released picture, I thought "he looks a bit thin". Muscly but thin. And I mean in comparison to him as Wolverine in the past.

Then I thought about it some more and I think it's just my mind playing tricks on me because my brain now knows that Chris Hemsworth exists.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

I don't know what planet I've been on, I only heard about this film for the first time when that photo was released.