The Wolverine

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
wheres the love for Alpha Flight?

it would be worth it for Sasquatch alone.

Ok fine instead of Kitty how about Jubilee - sshessh is there any Xmen women that Wolvie has not had a thing with?

I always viewed the Wolverine/Kitty Pryde relationship as kind of a big brother/little sister relationship. At least from Wolverine's side of things. The same with Jubilee, but I always saw Jubilee as a poor attempt to recapture the Wolverine/Kitty relationship that I thought worked very well. Admittedly, there's gaps in my comic reading, so I may be missing chunks of story where there were different aspects to those relationships.

Anyway, if they keep this film fairly close to that original mini-series it should be excellent. The biggest issue I had with Origins was that it tried to cram too much into one story, and most of it was only for the sake of doing it. Gambit shouldn't have been there, and there was no need for the young X-Men to pop up either.

If they follow the story of the limited series then Silver Samurai is the bad guy, and a good one at that. Probably Wolvies best villain second only to Sabertooth.

I joke but the Chris Claremont/John Byrne created Wolvie/Kitty relationship was great. Brother & sister?! No. More like father/daughter, and the closest Logan ever had or should have to being a father. Wolvie/Storm were more like brother and sister.

If theyre smart theyll hold to the original storyline. They held not only to the storyline of Sin City, but followed it panel per panel. Having said that I dont feel they will and its Hugh Jackmans fault. Once he became part of the producing starting with X-Men 3 and then Origins there was a noticable dip in quality. Also they need to go back to actually trying to convince us Wolvies short by using camera angles like Bryan Singer did, but Im sure Jackman would have nothing to do with that. In comics Sabertooth was much bigger than Wolvie, and in Origins & X-3 they didnt even try. Both movies were just plain crap.

Semper Fooey
I don't know what the approach will be, but Jackman will have less say in this one. Aronosky is not going to pay attention to him. He will do things his way.

Jackman is the producer though. Wolverine is the only gig he's got. they will reboot the Origin story of Logan till they get it right, or folks stop payen to see it, which ever comes first.

... they will reboot the Origin story of Logan till they get it right, or folks stop payen to see it, which ever comes first.
Problem is, Logan always worked better without an origin story. As soon as his past was fully revealed he stopped being as interesting of a character.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I don't know what the approach will be, but Jackman will have less say in this one. Aronosky is not going to pay attention to him. He will do things his way.
It wasn't so much that Jackman/Hood made too many wrong decisions in Origins, it was that Fox came in and told Hood what he was going to do.

I think a majority of the issues that the movie had, were solely at the hand of Fox. Sure, Hood could've stepped in and said no, but they probably would have fired him and hired a director that didn't ask questions.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I agree with MadMike, Wolverine is far better without the origin story.
Atleast they could have done a lot more than just show his entire history in one movie.

Now since Wolvie has his past erased, we can hope the same for us.

It's interesting that most Marvel movies are getting directed by the most unlikely directors.

Marc Webb directing Spiderman.
Kenneth Branagh - Thor
Darren Aronofsky - Wolverine

What next. Sofia Coppola for Blade?
Jim Jarmusch for Dr Strange?

its 2 bad that Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Wolverine.

An Alpha Flight Story With the Wendigo and the Hulk would be badass.

I was disappointed with Origins. Had so much expectations on it. It seems I enjoyed the trailer more than the whole movie.

Is it me or would anyone else to see atleast a hint of yellow in Wolvie's costume.
Jackman looks really lame in the X-men costume.

I have no issue with the Leather Jacket look.. But if he does wear a costume, there should be hints of yellow.

Darren Aronofsky is Not Changing his Process in Directing THE WOLVERINE

Originally Posted by Daily BLAM!
While out promoting the release of Black Swan, director Darren Aronofsky has also been busy answering questions about his next project: The Wolverine with Hugh Jackman.

David Poland of Movie City News recently spoke with Aronofsky. The director is very intent on making this movie in the same process as all of his other films which include the indie based hits The Wrestler, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain along with the upcoming Black Swan. At one point in the interview he says "I'm being hired to do what I do."

Aronofsky says "I'm just trying to have fun." but later assures that: "We're definitely gonna make something great but it will be very different. That's what I do."

The second installment will see Logan (Hugh Jackman) in Japan and will loosely follow the popular Frank Miller and Chris Claremont mini-series. Wolverine will reportedly start out in a Canadian prison with an opportunity to get out if he goes to Japan. Silver Samurai and many other Japanese characters from the series are rumored to be in the film as well. At this point the script seems to conform to the series' storyline as Aronofsky states "There's not too much blowin **** up" when referring to the potential action sequences. There is a concerted effort at this point to distance the movie from any other previous film from the X-Men series.
"It's a stand alone piece that has nothing to do with anything in the franchise or in that universe."

We already have FOUR, (4) Wolverine movies (!!!). I mean...this is just silly. Damn near insulting.

"The script, written by Christopher McQuarrie, involves Logan beginning a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man."

This is what I hoped they'd do for X-MEN 2, but they had their chance and ~WASTED~ Lady Death Strike's character (Logan's Japanese love interest) and made her a goon/henchmen.

I actually dig all four of the X-Men movies/spin-off, and didn't mind what they did to the characters for the sake of the movies. But when they back peddle and decide to do another rendition/variation/alternate...whatever...it's just insulting.

Sorry about the rant. Bottom line, I'll end up watching it anyways :P

We already have FOUR, (4) Wolverine movies (!!!). I mean...this is just silly. Damn near insulting.
I hear ya, but this quote from what GP posted above makes me feel comfortable with what is happening.

It's a stand alone piece that has nothing to do with anything in the franchise or in that universe.

If people can understand that, then I believe everything will be okay.

The Fountain is my favorite film, given for many personal reasons, but Aronofsky has gotten the greatest performance out of Hugh Jackman IMO, so I have faith in Darren taking the reins on my beloved favorite comic character.

I was disappointed with Origins. Had so much expectations on it. It seems I enjoyed the trailer more than the whole movie.
same here i loved the trailer, but the movie i was not impressed with.