Views

Tools    

Why does this forum lack 'views' of thread, counter?

A system of cells interlinked
Not sure why one would need such a thing on this site...

Lets put a smile on that block
RICOROCKS IS A SPAMMER!

*points finger whilst squeeling*
BURN HIM! BURRRRRRRRRRRN HIM!

It doesn't; views are tracked, but I've removed their display from the forums, basically to save space so that things like longer titles can be accomodated. I always thought it was kind of meaningless, and things are far less crowded and cluttered without it.

Not sure why Sedai? Well for one thing it would show the author, how much interest is generated by the effort. Specially when 0 replies occurs day after day. It's also at perhaps every single forum known to man, except this place. Just like magic, while typing this, "Thread: Views" appears amazing

Edit - Appeared briefly!

Sedai - I sent you a PM did you get it?

Seems like the 'Replies' counter is of less value as one can see the replies. With views at least you know it's garnered some interest!

RICOROCKS IS A SPAMMER!

*points finger whilst squeeling*
BURN HIM! BURRRRRRRRRRRN HIM!
What kind of garbage is this? What are 10?

I understand what a view count is for, but I was wondering why someone would want one on this particular forum, on which interest is usually gauged by how many people actively engage in the discussion. People will view a thread, but I find that doesn't correlate with people's interest as much as the fact that people will click on a new topic just because it is new.

On this forum, replies are the better gauge of interest, believe me.

Anyway - I did get your PM, but haven't had a chance to reply. Again, I didn't moderate that thread, and I am unsure why it was removed. Perhaps Yoda can answer the question better than I.

Also, if you go to any user's profile, and then click find posts by user, it will list all the posts by said user. The view and reply count are in the upper right hand corner of each post.

Sedai,

Again, I didn't moderate that thread, and I am unsure why it was removed.
Not necessary this reply!

I asked if you got it! FYI I was more interested in your reply to the other content in the PM. It's trivial so don't bother yourself replying to the PM.

Take Care
RR