Your favorite scene

Tools    

Some of my favorite scenes:

The "Get the Guests" scene in WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

The "screw Maximillian" scene where Michael York reveals to Liza Minnelli they are having sex with the same man in CABARET

Jack Nicholson "taking" Jessica Lange on the butcher block kitchen table in THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE

The opening audition scene in ALL THAT JAZZ

The final scene of BONNIE AND CLYDE

Dustin Hoffman making Laurence Olivier eat the diamonds at the climax of MARATHON MAN

Dorothy Michaels' big reveal on national television that she is really a man in TOOTSIE

The tea party on the ceiling in MARY POPPINS

The wire hanger scene in MOMMIE DEAREST

Lesley Ann Warren flashing the guy in the train station in VICTOR/VICTORIA

The "I Have Confidence" scene in THE SOUND OF MUSIC

Maureen Stapleton apologizing to the passengers on the plane for what her husband did at the end of AIRPORT

Tippi Hedren sitting on a bench having a cigarette while a large group of birds gather on a jungle gym behind her in THE BIRDS

The staircase scene at Bill's welcome home party in ALL ABOUT EVE

The silent prologue at the beginning of THE PHILADELPHIA STORY

When Katharine Hepburn fires her assistant in GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER

The passengers lining up to slap Mrs. Hammond in AIRPLANE!

The opening scene of THE SOUND OF MUSIC

When Castor Troy first confronts Sean Archer with Sean's face in FACE/OFF

The "Jolly Holiday" scene in MARY POPPINS

Judge Doom trying to coax Roger out of hiding with "Shave and a haircut" in WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?

Michael J Fox trying to escape mom Lea Thompson's sexual advances in BACK TO THE FUTURE

Barry Miller playing on the bridge in SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER

Leroy's audition for the high school of performing arts in FAME

"Beauty School Dropout" in GREASE

Blanche and Stella returning home after the poker game in A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE

John Corbett trying to make Nia Vardolos notice him outside the travel agency in MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING

The long tracking scene of Ray Liotta and Lorraine Bracco entering the nightclub in GOODFELLAS

Leonardo DiCaprio begging his mother for money through a locked door in THE BASKETBALL DIARIES

This year one of the thrilling moments I saw was the doctor scene at the end of Captain Phillips. One of Tom Hanks' most powerful moments on screen ever.
The scene where Phillips first meets the pirates is the one that gets me, "Look at me...this is my ship now".

My favourite scene are:
-The Devil's Advocate when The Devil(Al Pacino) to explain how the Devil is always exist.
-Forrest Gump when Forrest and second lieutenant Dan are out fishing when they meet the storm.
-The Breavehearth when William Wallace shot out "Freedom" while hangman kill his.

Ten quick ones off the top of my head.

# 10 ― La Grande Vaudrouille. The French men offer to go in place of the hunted British airmen to the rendez-vous point. So they have to go up to half naked men in the Turkish bath, warbling "Tea for two"

# 9 ― My life as a dog. Ingemar and Saga clench in the middle of a heated boxing match.

# 8 ― Slapshot. The Hanson brother's first shift.

# 7 ― Good fellas. So I amuse you?

# 6 ― In the mood for love. Any scene that contains one of the 46 Cheongsam dresses Maggie Cheung wears for the film.

# 5 ― All quiet on the western front. Rewatched this recently, and I had forgotten the ending where Paul tries to scoop up the butterfly that sets down inches from his trench.

# 4 ― Cinema Paradiso. The little present that projectionist has left for Salvatore, endless loop of forbidden kisses

# 3 ― The edge of heaven. When Ayten has been just released from prison and taking the ferry back. The motion of the boat; the swell of the water, the slow tracking shot towards Ayten, is the definition of liberty and happiness. It doesn't translate on the small Screen, but in the theatre that scene was giving me heart palpitations.

# 2 ― Best of youth. Nicola blesses Matteo and Mirella.

# 1 ― Sideways. "So why are you so into pinot?" The way she compares life to a bottle of wine; that will bloom at the heights, then fall back into nothingness.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Ten that have stuck with me:

Man on Fire bridge scene

Brooks scene in Shawshank

Opening scene Gone Baby Gone

I coulda been a contender On the Waterfront scene

Restaurant scene in Silver Linings Playbook

What's in the box scene in Se7en

21 grams scene where Naomi's character finds out how Penns character "knows her"

Ending of Million Dollar Baby

Ending of Witness for the Prosecution

Forrest Gump scene when Jenny dies

Jenny's death scene is sad but I was always more moved when his mother dies. Or when Lt. Dan drags Forrest out of his bed to discuss his destiny. )

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
this right here

'you have always been the caretaker'
The song in the background is Al Bowlly With The Ray Noble Orchestra - It's All Forgotten Now

The line where Jack mentions about reading about him in the papers refers to the Stephen King novel where he is digging through the closet under the stairs and finds old newspapers and he reads about the murders/suicide at the Overlook Hotel by the former caretaker Charles Grady.

Jenny's death scene is sad but I was always more moved when his mother dies. Or when Lt. Dan drags Forrest out of his bed to discuss his destiny. )
I love the subtle special effects used in making it appear Gary Sinise had no legs.

The Map Room scene from "Raiders of The Lost Ark".

[Wherein Indy uses a staff and a shaft of sunlight to pinpoint the location of the Ark.]

It's a great story point and beautifully shot, but the thing that makes it...

...is the music by John Williams.

The Map Room scene from "Raiders of The Lost Ark".

[Wherein Indy uses a staff and a shaft of sunlight to pinpoint the location of the Ark.]
Yes. Great scene. Belloq's staff was too big. He dug the wrong hole.

how can i post a thread here? i can't find the button...

I saw a movie trailer about 2 years ago .. it was showing a bunch of youngs on beach and two other guy on a boat far away from them and shore.. suddenly one of girls in beach open up a camera and saw something horrified in it ( i think murder) and then she start yelling at guys on boat, actualy she was tryin to warn one of the guys about the other crew... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help, anyone?

Some of my very favorite scenes:

Casablanca - "Of all the Gin Joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

One of the best acting scenes in the history of cinema by one of the greatest movie stars of all time in one of the greatest films ever put to screen.

-----------------------------------------
Citizen Kane - The Ending

A word can't explain a man's life. Rosebud is only a piece in a jigsaw puzzle.
The audience gets to know the true meaning of the word Rosebud in one of the most grotesque and magical scenes ever made. Perfect.

Once Upon a Time in America - The Smile (Final Scene)

A perfect conclusion to the dreamy and mysterious atmosphere that overshadows Leone's gangster epic.

Goodfellas - The Long Take

It may not be the most complex long take ever, but the technique was rarely used in a better context than here. Henry Hill does not only impress his girl, he impresses the whole audience.

Vertigo - The Kiss

The transformation from Judy to Madeleine is complete and Scottie's obsession is satisfied in one of the most haunting and intensely passionate scenes I've ever seen.

Others:

The Graduate - The summer montage that shows Benjamin relaxing by the pool, while occasionally jump cutting to bed room scenes with Mrs. Robinson, all on the tunes of Simon & Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence.

Crimes and Misdemeanors - Martin Landau and Woody sitting by the piano talking about the true essence of morality in reality.

The Third Man - The final scene.

There are many other scenes that I absolutely LOVE of course. I'm thinking of making a top 100 in the future and then I'll be able to talk some more about my favorite film moments.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Cobpyth you have impeccable films taste man, pretty much all of those scenes are all-time favorites of mine.Well here's my contributions:

Blade Runner-The Tears in Rain scene. I love this final scene of this masterpiece because it's beautiful,poetic,and beyond powerful. Seeing the last dying moments of somebody's life as they come to accept their own demise. To everyone whose not a big fan of Blade Runner. Try to watch it during a rainy day or really late at night on a big screen TV, its a magical film and my all-time favorite.

Once upon a time in America-Bugsy kills Little Dominic-Just a beautiful scene. Expertly shot,sad, and with glorious Ennio Morricone music backing it all up. Just a heavenly scene by the great Sergio Leone.

Citizen Kane-the opening scene-This opening shot sets the stage for the rest of the film. It shows a massive,abandoned mansion all alone in the distance and we see Kane die before dropping the snowglobe. Just a perfect scene for a perfect film.

Eyes Wide Shut-The Ritual-Unlike anything else out there. This lush,vivid,and hypnotizing scene puts the viewer in a trance.You will never ever get this scene out of your head.

Once upon a time in the west-Frank's introduction.This brutal introduction to the villainous Frank is a gorgeous scene.Sergio Leone was a masterful filmmaker thats for sure.

A few more of mine:

The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly-Tuco's beating

Jurassic Park-the first time seeing a dinosaur.

Mulholland Drive-Club Silencio

Zerkalo(The Mirror)-The shot of Alexei looking in the mirror

2001:A Space Odyssey-the dawn of man

True Romance-the Sicilian scene

Blow Out-final scene

there are so many more but these are the ones that come to mind atm

Edit:apologize for the vids not showing up, I'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong when i'm posting the links.
You have to change the https to http. Then they will show up.

Anyway, great collection of wonderful scenes!

ROBOCOP when Mrs.Nancy Allen tell robocop that she knows him Murfhy, it's You