Remember your first?...

Tools    

the little mermaid
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

It was either Bambi or Lady and the Tramp. I don't recall which was first.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Wow, I'm surprised at the response this thread is getting. Keep it up, Keep it up!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Batman, Ghostbusters II, The Little Mermaid, and All Dogs Go To Heaven all came out in 1989, and I remember seeing all those movies in the theater. Which one came first, I don't know.

Now With Moveable Parts
The first movie my parents took me too was The Last Unicorn,I cried when all the unicorns came riding in on the waves...what a weird movie though.The first movie I went to without my parents,was Batman.It was a sold out show and me and my best friend sat in the isle...memories...awe.

The first movies I remember seeing in the theater were the Herbie and Pink Panther films. Mom would cart us all off to the movie house every time one was released.

The first drive-in movie that I remember was "Bad News Bears." It was a double feature with-and I am embarassed to say that I ever saw this one-"Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band."

R
You get me slapped with a fine, you argue with the customers and I have to patch everything up, you get us thrown out of a funeral by violating the corpse, and then to top it off, you ruin my relationship. I mean, what's your encore? Do you, like, anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank?

Now With Moveable Parts
awe...I loved that movie.That was your first?

First ever at the cinema that I can remember. Yes.
That scene with the bear and the set of drawers. That is the very first memory I have of being in a cinema while a film was playing...

Now With Moveable Parts
How old are you? If you don't mind my asking...I'm just curious.I thought I had a pretty good idea...now I'm not so sureBTW-I just visited your web site.
[Edited by sadesdrk on 10-19-2001]

I saw a movie called "Mr. Billions" at the Tascosa Drive-In in Amarillo. I was pretty young then because we still had the Buick Station Wagon (white with wood paneling).

The first movie I remember going to in the theater was Star Wars in 1977 when I was six at teh Fox Theater in Amarillo, but I know I went to at least one or two before then (probably Herbie movies. They used to play those at the Esquire Theater in Amarillo. It was one of those Depression-era, art deco movie theaters with all the ornate fixtures, deep red velvet seats and a balcony).

I think the first movie my older son saw was "Curly Sue" when he was 2. His grandmother took him (I didn't think he was old enough to sit through a movie in the theater at that point). I guarantee he doesn't remember that.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
the first movie i ever saw in the drive in theater was Fatal Attraction. bwahaha. that paired with something else, and my mom and her hubby smuggled me in under some covers in the backseat and we watched some other "legal" movie first and when FA came on my mother turned around and smacked me with a pillow, smothering me the whole movie with it insisting in her dragon lady voice that i not see anything.

buuut ... my perverted streak began young and i managed to peer through a crack on the underside of the pillow and watch the whole twisted thing while munching on cheddar cheese, salami, and ritz crackers.

Now With Moveable Parts
I used to get up, after my parents had settled down on the couch to watch a movie,and lie down behind the couch with only my head on the floor,peeking out.I watched whole movies this way.That's how I first saw American Werewolf in London,Alien,and Conan the Barbarian(which is surprisingly sexual). One time my babysitter let me stay up and watch Scarface...at the tender age of 12.Good times.

I'm 15.
Why, how old did you think I was?

Let me just explain me claiming to be an Indie. I am an Indie. I have written four features, shot numerous shorts, the works. I won Best Overall Film at the 'Crank! Film Project 2001' and made numerous short films for the play "Smashed" (www.smashed-theplay.com) None of those films are online yet, but I'm working on getting them up soon. I am in year ten at Mount Gambier High School and hope to go to Film School either here in Australia or in LA or NY.

What'd you think of the web site?
Was it the column one?? Reel World??

Now With Moveable Parts
it was the column one...about Casablanca.Check your e mail...the one you used on this site...I responded to your web page.No,I thought you were much older than 15.

Lol.
That's because I'm so mature.
Why, how old are the majority of people here??

Now With Moveable Parts
I don't know...a lot are between 15 and 17.I'm 25.There's a few in my age brackett...even less as you go up in age.Really,you fit right in. I just for some reason had it in my head that you were like 30+ or something...whew,what a shocker.

Ha ha ha!!
Now I feel so special.
Glad you liked the column, be sure to check back every Sunday. (Not plugging any products here...)

I'm glad a fit right in, this site is really good (for a mainstream synagogue of the commercial devil).

Oh no, not another Indie freak. Yes, we're all quite young here, it seems. There are a few adults, but most of are just teenagers who speak words beyond our years.

Now With Moveable Parts
Seriously...a lot of the youngins here do seem very mature...it's nice.Sometimes you show your age...but most of the time,it's hard to even keep up with you guys.Notice TWT's sig and Silver Bullet's carry the same theme...