Twilight

Tools    

This is one of those classic times in America. This movie will make butt loads of cash and it will stink. Like, bad stink. Like that kind of stench that doesn't wash off easily stink. Eragon anyone? I'm sure the producers will be laughing all the way to the bank. "Tee Hee... We did it again!"

Personally I want to see more Anne Rice or better yet some Nancy Collins Vampire books made into films. But what the hell do I know I just read them. I know this though, I probably won't be seeing this anytime soon.

Registered Creature
Carmilla? Not many people know of it.

I know. But it's amazing. LeFanu is amazing.

Deserves to be made into a movie more than Twilight does, IMO. Or if not, just as much.

North American Scum!
Anybody up for some vampire baseball?
Ugh no. Twighlight was an awful book IMO but ash is right at least it gets people reading. HP was ten times better. That being said I'll see the movie just out of curiosity.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Agreed!

Carmilla? Not many people know of it.

I know. But it's amazing. LeFanu is amazing.

Deserves to be made into a movie more than Twilight does, IMO. Or if not, just as much.

I've enjoyed both Rice and Collin's books up to a point!

I haven't read or watched Eragon. I've been waiting for that teen to finish the trilogy, which I honestly didn't think would happen. Now that it has, I may read the first one.

The movie trailer looked too much like a few others movies so I didn't find it compelling.

This is one of those classic times in America. This movie will make butt loads of cash and it will stink. Like, bad stink. Like that kind of stench that doesn't wash off easily stink. Eragon anyone? I'm sure the producers will be laughing all the way to the bank. "Tee Hee... We did it again!"

Personally I want to see more Anne Rice or better yet some Nancy Collins Vampire books made into films. But what the hell do I know I just read them. I know this though, I probably won't be seeing this anytime soon.

Isn't it this Friday at midnight, most places?

I heard the film has already been released in Miami, Florida. I want to see this film so bad, yet they feel this place deserves an early release!?

Registered Creature
Carmilla is very underrated.

I just love the old style of writing used. Stephanie Meyer's Twilight hasn't got anything on Carmilla.

While I found Carmilla interesting, particularly since it predated Dracula and was, for me, a far better story, that particularly writing style isn't my very fav.

However, if you liked it, you might want to try Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters. It's not vampire related but it has that same sort of writing style.

Also, Mary Shelly's Frankenstein which is far more interesting and complex a story than the movie would suggest.

Carmilla is very underrated.

I just love the old style of writing used. Stephanie Meyer's Twilight hasn't got anything on Carmilla.

I honestly don't understand the fascination with vampires, to me they're extremely one dimensional and utterly uninteresting. They are the AIDs victims of the monster world.

...uh the post is up there...

Registered Creature
While I found Carmilla interesting, particularly since it predated Dracula and was, for me, a far better story, that particularly writing style isn't my very fav.

However, if you liked it, you might want to try Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters. It's not vampire related but it has that same sort of writing style.

Also, Mary Shelly's Frankenstein which is far more interesting and complex a story than the movie would suggest.
Thank-you for the reccommendations!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've never read the book, and think I should probably read it before seeing the film but somehow I don't feel motivated to do either. I don't know why, I've always liked vampire stories and I also like romance, but I just get the feeling that this will be the kind of thing I would have liked when I was 14 but won't like now. Like Spiderman. Maybe I'm just getting old...

WHY? Why is this movie already being heralded as a success? It looks like a made for tv CW pilot movie. I am serious, this was probably the most generic looking piece of cinematic doo doo that I have ever witnessed. The trailer; grayish tones, a pale kid saves some girl, says he's a vampire, a bunch of matrix/hidden dragon-ish sequences, cliche' "we are children of the night" crap. Of all the trailers I seen in the theaters this one was THE MOST forgettable!

Lets put a smile on that block
Seriously, whats up with all the Hoo-Haa over Twighlight? Can someone explain it to me? I think its an American thing. I don't think the books are that popular over here.

Gimme True Blood any day over what looks like Dawsons Creek with Vampires...

Vampires are the ultimate seducers. I prefer my vampires to care about humans and see power as responsibility. Still they almost always perform a D/s role, that is very hot, to my way of thinking. That's my flavor.

Vampire lit is one of my main areas of reading. I have quite a few but good Vamp Lit (not romance) is my very fav.

I don't see them as aids victims at all. I'm not sure what that is even supposed to mean. Some sort of slur or put down maybe?

I MUCH prefer vamps in general to werewolves. Except in this book. LOL.

I honestly don't understand the fascination with vampires, to me they're extremely one dimensional and utterly uninteresting. They are the AIDs victims of the monster world.

I'll tell you why, the books have literally been blockbusters. They've SOLD!

The tickets are too, already, way before the film is out. It's going to be huge. You don't have to agree that it should be, but it will.

Personally, I'm a little surprised that it is too but hey, that's life. People go nuts over stuff that I've already decided is a $ house or free movie only, all the time. LOL.

WHY? Why is this movie already being heralded as a success? It looks like a made for tv CW pilot movie. I am serious, this was probably the most generic looking piece of cinematic doo doo that I have ever witnessed. The trailer; grayish tones, a pale kid saves some girl, says he's a vampire, a bunch of matrix/hidden dragon-ish sequences, cliche' "we are children of the night" crap. Of all the trailers I seen in the theaters this one was THE MOST forgettable!