MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2022 - The Season

Tools    

I bench Max Fried just for funsies in Colorado today, so of course he goes 8 scoreless innings. Hilarious. I see you Max. I see you.

Yeah I benched Cueto vs the Blue Jays in Toronto and he got a quality start, but he got torched by the Cubs the game before. I just realized I have no Rays pitchers on my team.

Nobody snatched up Jesse Winker?! Come one guys he's available on waivers, someone needs to grab him so my team can rise in offensive stats.

Back to pitching, my rosters set for the next 10 days, and I'm going to try to try and not look at my team in that time and see how they look afterward. This should be fun.

, my rosters set for the next 10 days, and I'm going to try to try and not look at my team in that time and see how they look afterward.
FAIL! I didnt even last 12 hours. I dont know what has happened to Walker Buehler but Ive got to bench him until he gets it together.

A system of cells interlinked
FAIL! I didnt even last 12 hours. I dont know what has happened to Walker Buehler but Ive got to bench him until he gets it together.
People (as in, alleged experts) were saying the wheels would fall off this guy last year, but it didn't really happen. It still had me avoiding him in the draft this season, though.

Meanwhile, Severino looked great this weekend!

Hey @mark f. Since you're our resident Dodgers expert, can u shed any light as to why they keep batting Freeman 2nd? Maybe u don't really follow them that closely but I was curious if you'd heard any reasons behind it. Hes been in the 2 spot for a minute now. Seems an odd choice.

Statistically they say the best hitter should hit 2nd. They started doing it with McCutchen and Trout and other elite hitters something like six or seven years ago, I think it was.

That said, the answer for the Dodgers might be "lol we have so many great hitters who cares where we hit them."

Is he their best hitter? Mookies having a better year isnt he? Freeman's numbers remind of Griffey . A true #3 hitter Griffey was. I'd be hitting him third if I was the Dodgers Manager is all I guess I'm saying.

Because of the supply chain issues I've had Marcus Semiens roids on back order for like, 2 months. Their kicking in now doggy! I never doubted you for a second!

Its really embarrassing when you have the best player in baseball over the last few years and your team is in 9th place. Starting to think, finally, I just may not be cut out for Fantasy Baseball. The only time I won a championship was when we were doing Head to Head in 2011 and I used a bunch of nobodies who were streaking that week to win. Actually it seemed like a broken win, more like I mugged Mark for his spot in the final against Yoda. Can remember only 2 times I was dominant in roto, last year after the all star break, but didnt have the know-how to hang onto it, and around 5 years ago when I was head and shoulders ahead of everyone then traded away my team. Like watching a slow motion train wreck, but I just couldnt stop watching. Sigh. I guess its my Karma.

Holy balls! my roster just completely went off today !!

Runs 18
HRs 5
RBIs 16
SBs 2
Avg. .425
OBP .489

I drafted one pitcher in the first seven rounds and he's about to pitch for the first time this year yayyyyyyy
My early round SP has several fingers that go numb whenever he tries to pitch....

Woohoo!

I'm convinced that investing heavily in pitching is statistically equivalent to day trading.
The dude in the video that pops up right before the draft always says "Stay away from those SP early!"

I went with fewer this time around, but ended up with the same net gain, as the bat I took instead is hurt also.

Agreed, this is the second time I went heavy pitching in my draft picks and its blown up in my face again.