MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2022 - The Season

Tools    

Ugh. Getting the feeling that Quality Starts are gonna be hard to come by.
Yeah, here's what I'm thinking/wondering:

Obviously things have been headed this way for awhile, in the same way the movie industry has been heading towards streaming for new releases. But COVID kinda ramped that up, forced a slow/risk/tentative process to accelerate, and now it's the new normal. I kinda wonder if the labor dispute and the contracted spring training has the same effect, where it forces people to go easy on their starters because they're not as "stretched out," but it actually goes fairly well and it all happens a lot sooner than it otherwise would have.

I mentioned above that it might be interesting if defensive metrics become reliable and consistent enough that we can make them a category. It would not surprise me at all if QS is a totally unviable category in just a year or two, as well.

A system of cells interlinked
Yea, about that QS category...

None of my guys have gone 6 yet!

Yea, about that QS category...

None of my guys have gone 6 yet!

Same here, and I have Walker Buehler + 2 Cy Young award winners.

Empires in 1st for QS with 5, and he did it with Musgrove, Webb, and Montas. Whodathunkit

Same here, and I have Walker Buehler + 2 Cy Young award winners.

Empires in 1st for QS with 5, and he did it with Musgrove, Webb, and Montas. Whodathunkit
The funny thing is that, let's say last night, I had two guys that were cruising through 5, then they get pulled anyway. Managers are definitely leaning into the 5 inning thing this season...

Off to another slow start this year and I no longer have my Jose Ramirez blanket to keep me warm and get me thru it. Cry...

I don't love anyone on my team this year boys! Everybody is on the block. All reasonable offers accepted unless a Mariner is involved. All deals sent my way involving M's will be rejected immediately. It's not you. It's them.

Yankee Nestor Cortes pitched 5 innings in Baltimore, 0 ERA, .80 Whip, and 12 Ks', yay! Other than that I have a worthless team that will amount to nothin.

Just kidding, maybe.

The trick is not minding
Trout already starting the year off with an injury that will make him to day to day. Which will turn into week to week….which leads to months of guessing if he’ll return this year.

I kid! Mostly…..

Heh, I saw he got hit in the hand and went "oh no, not again." Like I said last year, I'm sad when he's hurt no matter whose team he's on. Baseball is better with Mike Trout.

Hopefully it's nothing much this time.

Team off to a bit of a slow start, but I am still liking my potential. I went ahead and picked up Heaney this morning, which I tend to do from time to time. It will probably blow up in my face, as it usually does but hey, he has a new pitch in his repertoire and he is with the Dodgers now, so who knows!

I know...I know...

Why was Max Fried on the waiver wire? I know this league is free and all but it's always had integrity. Him being on the waiver wire this early worries me.

Adam dropped him. He got bombed once and was meh against a pretty weak Washington lineup, was probably the logic, but yeah that's sooner than I usually bail on anyone, even though I think Fried's weirdly overrated in general.

I think he could have fetched something in a trade. I understand frustration sometimes can make you jump the gun in certain situations. Just thought I shed some light on it. In no way am I trying to imply this team is incompetent but maybe his frustrations made him make a poor decision. It's not going to ruin the year but something to take note of.

I try to hold on to my SP all the way through APR at least, and especially after a short Spring like we have here...Some guys take a while to get going, can't throw well when it's chilly etc.