Only Controversial Topics!!!

Tools    

I don't like that the rainbow was claimed by homosexuals. I'm not against homosexuality. I myself am not a homosexual, but I know gay people and have some decent friendships with a few people who go that way. It's fine. I'm not however willing to let people that have different suxual preference capitalize on the rainbow. What if I wanted a rainbow sticker for my car? Then I'd be making false claims all of a sudden. It's really not fair. Pick another logo.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I don't like that the rainbow was claimed by homosexuals. I'm not against homosexuality. I myself am not a homosexual, but I know gay people and have some decent friendships with a few people who go that way. It's fine. I'm not however willing to let people that have different suxual preference capitalize on the rainbow. What if I wanted a rainbow sticker for my car? Then I'd be making false claims all of a sudden. It's really not fair. Pick another logo.
You could go to Cusco and say the same thing, Joel. That;s the official flag of the Quechua people.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Son's a bitches!
I have a gay peruvian friend who didnt tell me about the flag but waited for me to get there and send a postcard remarking how happy the rainbow people are. I already knew about it lol.

I wish every gay guy was named Joel except for our Joel. Just to piss off our Joel.

I wish every gay guy was named Joel except for our Joel. Just to piss off our Joel.
That's going to cause a bit of confusion. Mind if we call you Joel just to keep it clear?

I agree. And, while we're at it, why does the American flag have so many stars? So excessive & ostentatious. I suggest a more modest flag with just one or two stars. Maybe different colors too. Leave red, white & blue to the British flag. We had those colors first.

That's going to cause a bit of confusion. Mind if we call you Joel just to keep it clear?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm sure, but I am Fabulous Joel or I am no Joel at all!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm sure, but I am Fabulous Joel or I am no Joel at all!
Unfortunately I've just checked the full list of users and Fabulous Joel has already been taken - how about Flatulent Joel instead ... that's available - would that do as a compromise?

Looks like I missed a lot of action in the past 3 weeks or so lol. Can someone give me a cliff notes summary of why certain malignant members were banned?

Kudos to seanc and camos for several formidable smackdowns.

You've got red on you!
I agree. And, while we're at it, why does the American flag have so many stars? So excessive & ostentatious. I suggest a more modest flag with just one or two stars. Maybe different colors too. Leave red, white & blue to the British flag. We had those colors first.
We determined in 1776 that we were more worthy of the red/white/blue colors, Stirchley

Don't the Irish have the oldest claim on the whole rainbow thing?

Looks like I missed a lot of action in the past 3 weeks or so lol. Can someone give me a cliff notes summary of why certain malignant members were banned?

Welcome back!
You'd have to ask the person who did the banning for that info, for only they know.

Welcome back!
You'd have to ask the person who did the banning for that info, for only they know.
I've been on this site for years and not known him to ban easily..so I'm sure it was warranted.

Yeah, it wasn't, and contra what you just heard, it was not (and is usually not) particularly mysterious. It's sometimes characterized that way as some sort of muddled protest if someone doesn't like the reasoning behind a decision, but the idea that they're in the dark about it is fiction.

Stirchley didn't you say you were living in America now? If so maybe you should switch flags? See how cool your new flag is

The Las Vegas attack is turning into a controversial topic (but, there is already a thread on the site to discuss it).
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=51481

What is strange is that there is so much controversy surrounding it now: so many conspiracy theories, so many accusations from multiple sides of "politicizing" the attack, so many differing opinions, conflicting witness claims, and even "official" timelines that change every other day.

The weird thing; previous to this attack, the largest shooting in the U.S. was the Orlando Pulse Nightclub attack, but there was never this amount of controversy surrounding it - I guess that's because we had things like the killer calling the cops himself, more witnesses able to directly identify who was shooting, some kind of motive and / or claimed affiliation by the killer (although that part is still debatable as to what exactly his motive was), the killer's wife able to provide a bit more info than the Las Vegas shooter's girlfriend.

(But then there was the bizarre occurrence of the Orlando killer's father showing up just a few months later, smiling, and sitting front and center behind Hillary Clinton at one of her rallies!!!)