Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

It's not PC to be respectful.

Last I saw Muslims aren't creating cartoons of Jesus or Moses to offend those religions.

And I'm sorry, since the cat is out of the bag and you guys are now just ******** on this religion allow me to tell you that YOU ARE ignorant. Is that PC enough for you?
Cartoons would be far preferable to continuous global terrorism, suicide / homicide bombings, flying planes into buildings, rape gangs, mass beheadings, modern slavery, mowing crowds down with trucks, attacking Jews in the streets, wholesale slaughter of Hindus, murdering Buddhists, carrying out a Holocaust on Christians, burning churches, synagogues and temples, shooting little girls through the head for attending school, torturing and throwing homosexuals off buildings, blowing up school buses of children.

Oh well, at least they're not drawing cartoons! Holy Allah, THAT would be just awful! What a wonderful ideology that so respects other religions to the point where they would not draw cartoons about them - just slaughter them all over the world.
More like 99% of Muslims don't insult other religions and have nothing to do with terrorism. Then 1% are fanatics and commit terrorist attacks.

What I wouldn't give for a Jesus-mocking cartoon instead of 22 dead (many children) and 60 people with their arms and legs blown off in Manchester.

If only we could somehow convince Islamic Fundamentalists to express their extremist ideology of genocide on paper rather in the continuous terror attacks on the innocent.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

You come along and "All Muslims are terrorists because their religion tells them to be"

Cap and I dont see eye to eye on this topic but be fair, Equi. He has said a number of times that most Muslims just get on with things. I have never seen him say "all Muslims are terrorists".

You come along and "All Muslims are terrorists because their religion tells them to be"

Cap and I dont see eye to eye on this topic but be fair, Equi. He has said a number of times that most Muslims just get on with things. I have never seen him say "all Muslims are terrorists".
Fair enough. Edited my original post.

More like 99% of Muslims don't insult other religions and have nothing to do with terrorism. Then 1% are fanatics and commit terrorist attacks.

BZZZZT! Thanks for playing!

I want Yoda to note this (and for Allah's sake PLEASE don't remove it - I NEVER request or desire ANYONE's posts removed). Instead, let it serve, once again, as a total misrepresentation of something that was never said by anyone on this thread from a poster who says they're being perfectly historical.

I'd refer back to one of the video's posted yesterday - and how the young lady says that this accusation is made by apologists when virtually no one criticizing Islam says or believes this (and she adds, "I thought we were beyond this" - referring to the ridiculousness of apologist arguments and tactics.)

BZZZZT! Thanks for playing!

I want Yoda to note this (and for Allah's sake PLEASE don't remove it - I NEVER request or desire ANYONE's posts removed). Instead, let it serve, once again, as a total misrepresentation of something that was never said by anyone on this thread from a poster who says they're being perfectly historical.

I'd refer back to one of the video's posted yesterday - and how the young lady says that this accusation is made by apologists when virtually no one criticizing Islam says or believes this (and she adds, "I thought we were beyond this" - referring to the ridiculousness of apologist arguments and tactics.)
I removed that part before you posted this.

And stop saying "thank allah" bla blah because you're clearly doing it to be offensive.

I removed that part before you posted this.

And stop saying "thank allah" bla blah because you're clearly doing it to be offensive.
We agreed Allah is just a name for "the God." No guidelines broken for thanking God here, is there? And, as an Agnostic, I'm open to any and all possibilities.

How can we carry on a conversation when in every post I have to deal with people using known hateful sources as their back-up.
You carry on a conversation by explaining why a source is wrong. And, again, "hateful sources" (whether true or not) is not a response when the source is just a go-between for another source, as Cob already pointed out. In those cases, you obviously should address the primary source.

And it's one thing to patiently and substantively address sources like this, only to finally give up. It's quite another to dismiss them out of hand from the beginning, and then in fact expand to dismissing any source they so much as reference.

And if this is the road you're going to go down maybe I'll start paying KKK material, ISIS material, NAZI material in this website since apparently nothing is off limits.
Unless the source in question is advocating genocide, I'm guessing this isn't an appropriate simile. Pretty huge difference from being biased, inaccurate, or even outright dishonest, and being akin to hate speech that has to be barred from discussion. And if it is, then that's something that has to be meaningfully established, not just alluded to as something that Everyone Knows (a sentiment that is usually restricted to whatever sub-culture it's coming from).

What I wouldn't give for a Jesus-mocking cartoon instead of 22 dead (many children) and 60 people with their arms and legs blown off in Manchester.

If only we could somehow convince Islamic Fundamentalists to express their extremist ideology of genocide on paper rather in the continuous terror attacks on the innocent.
Some news sites are now not using the term "Islamic terrorism" because it is being considered too offensive. More PC crap to convince us white is black and black is maybe various shades of grey....

I've never been bothered one wit by cartoons about Jesus or Christians.

Yes I'm seeing comments on the net that saying he is a lone wolf and mentally ill excuses him from murder. Utter rot. do they think there's some sort of competition between what kind of murderer is worse - A singleton or one who belongs in a gang? Every single time.
What's ironic is when I first started reading this post I thought it was about the Manchester bomber (I see that it is not). But the "Every single time" comment sounded like an observation on all the apologists who come out and start trying to rationalize Islamic terror attacks after they occur with their zealous defence of the ideology that spawns them.

On this topic - the ring of suspects now surrounding the Manchester attack I believe is up to 12 - so very poignant when applied to Dani's thoughts regarding how people & the media initially react to attacks.

The fact that the Manchester attack was formulated by a ring of Jihadists ranging from Libya to England demonstrates that the degrees of separation between "radical Islamic terrorists" and "moderate Muslim community" may be less than anyone can know or guess.

What's ironic is when I first started reading this post I thought it was about the Manchester bomber (I see that it is not). But the "Every single time" comment sounded like an observation on all the apologists who come out and start trying to rationalize Islamic terror attacks after they occur with their zealous defence of the ideology that spawns them.

On this topic - the ring of suspects now surrounding the Manchester attack I believe is up to 12 - so very poignant when applied to Dani's thoughts regarding how people & the media initially react to attacks.

The fact that the Manchester attack was formulated by a ring of Jihadists ranging from Libya to England demonstrates that the degrees of separation between "radical Islamic terrorists" and "moderate Muslim community" may be less than anyone can know or guess.
No, today's comments that I referred to are about Portland, but every time 'lone wolf' comes up and 'mental illness' some people think their acts of terrorism are being excused by the media. That's not the case at all.

And 14 so far but I think 2 teens were released. That maniac was certainly not a lone wolf.

No, today's comments that I referred to are about Portland, but every time 'lone wolf' comes up and 'mental illness' some people think their acts of terrorism are being excused by the media. That's not the case at all.

And 14 so far but I think 2 teens were released. That maniac was certainly not a lone wolf.
On this I agree. In many cases I think the excuse of mental illness should be treated like another illness - rabies. If such illness causes a person to attack the innocent or commit mass murder, then like a rabid animal, they should be "put down."

(And I'm not a strong supporter of capital punishment - only in extreme cases where there is no possibility of doubt of guilt.)

On this I agree. In many cases I think the excuse of mental illness should be treated like another illness - rabies. If such illness causes a person to attack the innocent or commit mass murder, then like a rabid animal, they should be "put down."

(And I'm not a strong supporter of capital punishment - only in extreme cases where there is no possibility of doubt of guilt.)
I cant comment on that because we dont have the death penalty here but I agree with your sentiment regarding rabies for murderers.

I had an argument with a very good buddy on imdb about calling the florida nightclub shooter mentally ill. He said he's not mentally ill, he's a terrorist. I simply said - did what he did look normal to you??? I think all terrorists are mentally unhinged. What I want to know is why young people born in a new country becoming disenfranchised and radicalised in the first place. The recent suicide bomber in Iraq was british born. Freaking why. I wonder how much study is going into this at the moment. Still confuses me an Aus born young guy who lived in a very expensive waterfront suburb and went to a very good school decided to go to Syria a few months ago, ended up arrested on terrorism charges and has never been heard of since. Why was his privileged life so crappy he got that into his head.

I cant comment on that because we dont have the death penalty here but I agree with your sentiment regarding rabies for murderers.

I had an argument with a very good buddy on imdb about calling the florida nightclub shooter mentally ill. He said he's not mentally ill, he's a terrorist. I simply said - did what he did look normal to you??? I think all terrorists are mentally unhinged. What I want to know is why young people born in a new country becoming disenfranchised and radicalised in the first place. The recent suicide bomber in Iraq was british born. Freaking why. I wonder how much study is going into this at the moment. Still confuses me an Aus born young guy who lived in a very expensive waterfront suburb and went to a very good school decided to go to Syria a few months ago, ended up arrested on terrorism charges and has never been heard of since. Why was his privileged life so crappy he got that into his head.
Good questions. And I have some theories that might explain some (but obviously not all) cases... but I don't think you'd like them...

...because they involve the idea of certain ideological, religious and cultural teachings, indoctrination, and home or community influences using questionable tenets and beliefs.

Good questions. And I have some theories that might explain some (but obviously not all) cases... but I don't think you'd like them...

...because they involve the idea of certain ideological, religious and cultural teachings, indoctrination, and home or community influences using questionable tenets and beliefs.
Yeah I know you think that and that's fine. I'm thinking more along the lines of what happens in the first place to make them want to leave their home and turn to murder. It's like kids who go on a rampage and say violent movies, music or games made them do it. That is severely mentally unbalanced.

I've seen this hypothesis beginning to take root. It's very hard to believe no one in these tight knit communities (and crammed into tiny,tiny houses where the walls are paper thin) don't know anything about what their neighbors are up to. Quite a few probably do but refuse to shop them to the authorities. Hard to believe you could stock up on bomb making materials and weapons and no one noticed anything out of the ordinary. .

Then we have the fear of being thought racist. There was a lady in the Manchester arena who reported a man acting suspiciously to the security guards. She thinks it was the terrorist. Instead of taking her seriously, they told her off and inferred she was being a racist. I wonder how they feel now when they see the pictures of all those dead kids?

One percent (probably overstated, maybe less than .5%, but even so) is a huge number of terrorists or potential ones. What do you propose that nations do in light of such a menace? During the IRA bombing campaign in the U.K., at least the terrorists had a coherent demand: Britain out of Northern Ireland. What exactly are the Islamic terrorists' demands? This is going to go on until they accomplish…what?

One percent (probably overstated, maybe less than .5%, but even so) is a huge number of terrorists or potential ones. What do you propose that nations do in light of such a menace? During the IRA bombing campaign in the U.K., at least the terrorists had a coherent demand: Britain out of Northern Ireland. What exactly are the Islamic terrorists demands? This is going to go one until they accomplish…what?
I dont know who this group is but interesting article. I have only read that entry so far, not the others indexed.

https://www.scenesofreason.com/isis-...ic-state-want/

I dont know who this group is but interesting article. I have only read that entry so far, not the others indexed.

https://www.scenesofreason.com/isis-...ic-state-want/
So ISIS wants an Islamic caliphate to which all Muslims adhere allegiance and embrace Islamic religious law? Does this include Muslims in the West? Is Europe going to capitulate to this demand even if a significant number of Muslims living there come to embrace the concept? If not, then I ask again, what are they going to do about it? Live with terrorism indefinitely? That’s what it amounts to, doesn’t it?

That's what I got from the article. I doubt anyone is going to give in to it because moderate Muslims themselves don't even want it. Utterly ludicrous and you know, sociopathically insane. My own personal take on Isis - I just think they're lunatics who like murdering people. As Captain said earlier they have a similar brain disorder to rabies.