Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

But even better - they like to take any thought or expression, no matter how objective, say it offends THEM and therefore call for it to be removed - all the while claiming THEY are the champions of free speech
Yes I've noticed that. Also noticed that free speech is being restricted more and more in the name of PC liberalism. Problem is, who gets to decide what is allowed and what is not?

The one thing that all other religions do not share with Islam is the teaching, scriptural commandments, example set by the Prophet or belief that God has eternally authorized his true believers to force submission upon or else to murder and expunge the Earth of anyone who does not share the belief and submit to Islamic law. Islam is the only "religion" that has such a tenet (which may help explain global Islamic Terrorism that seeks to carry the tenet out).

Yes, never did understand that one. Why would you want converts who are forced to convert? Seems a mark of insecurity and of total stupidity. This is why I don't consider this a "religion" - just a fascist ideology which wants to take over the world. Then the "clerics" could completely control the populace. Not a rule I want to live under, thank you very much!

Posts like this are why I I just can't take you seriously.

When Islam spread, you were not FORCED to convert. You were asked to pay a tax, which by the way went to building churches, creating infrastructure, and providing protection.

Not my fault you're an islamaphobe and yes, that is a horrible thing because it is borne out of ignorance.

Answering Islam has been debunked years ago as being full of falsehoods, fake links, changing koranic verses.
Almost all of the information on it is true and can easily be verified, but yeah, one piece of text was probably once put into the wrong context and therefore all the truthful (verifiable) information on the site needs to be dismissed.
With that logic every major paper and news site that ever existed needs to be dismissed in their entirety.

No one here is opening your links. After you posted that fake news story and claimed it was real and then you were caught you lost ALL credibility (not that you had much to start with).
Ad hominem again. Like all of your posts. Captain deserves more respect than that.

You're so brainwashed and I pity you.
The irony is strong. I don't pity you however. I pity the people that try to have a constructive conversation with you about these issues.
You just defended answering Islam. Lmao.

Dude. Just stop.

But even better - they like to take any thought or expression, no matter how objective, say it offends THEM and therefore call for it to be removed - all the while claiming THEY are the champions of free speech
Yes I've noticed that. Also noticed that free speech is being restricted more and more in the name of PC liberalism. Problem is, who gets to decide what is allowed and what is not?
It's not PC to be respectful.

Last I saw Muslims aren't creating cartoons of Jesus or Moses to offend those religions.

And I'm sorry, since the cat is out of the bag and you guys are now just ******** on this religion allow me to tell you that YOU ARE ignorant. Is that PC enough for you?

Why thank you kind Sir! (There is no emoji for curtsy but consider it done).

PS - I didn't realize personal attacks were permitted on this forum just because people don't agree with your opinions.
The PC school of double standards teaches that they always have the "right" to engage in personal attacks, the very same type they immediately are offended by and call to be censored when done by others. But even better - they like to take any thought or expression, no matter how objective, say it offends THEM and therefore call for it to be removed - all the while claiming THEY are the champions of free speech.
Says the guy who quotes antimuslim websites and visits (and sources) conspiracy forums.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
And the second man who was stabbed standing up to a psychotic bully in Oregon has died. Strange that no one has mentioned that...

In a statement responding to Friday's attack, the Council on American-Islamic Relations said that anti-Muslim incidents increased by more than 50 per cent in the United States from 2015 to 2016 due in part to President Donald Trump's focus on militant Islamist groups and anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Interesting. I wonder if the South Asians protesting the Muslim prayers were white, would they have been immediately branded as racists and xenophobes? What a silly question...we all know the answer to that one. The South Asians are right, the West always makes concessions to Islam because they demand it, often violently. I don't see other religious group like Buddhist, Siks or Hindus making the same demands. When one of the last Popes (John Paul II?) visited the UK, I remember seeing a cartoon of him in a prominent national paper with a condom hanging off his nose. I also don't recall anyone saying this was xenophobic or racist or even disrespectful to Catholics. But can anyone imagine a prominent Ayatollah visiting the UK and having a like cartoon printed about him? Why, the outrage would be astronomical with street demonstrations and questions in Parliament about it.

My problem with Islam has nothing to do the color of anyone's skin (last I looked Iranians and Turks were white to name but a few) and has everything to do with the dreadful way they treat women and the horrible practices they impose on them. Of course not all Muslims are terrorists but the vast majority of Muslim countries and Muslims religionists in Western countries treat woman like second class citizens at best and and as the lowest of the low to be despised, mistreated and murdered at worst. We now have Sharia courts in the UK, FGM on a large scale and "honor" killings where none existed before. We now have young girls abused and exploited by men whom the police do not want to do anything about because they could be branded as "racists". All horrible practices aimed at one group of people and one group only: women! This is what I do not want to see imported into Europe - I don't want to see our culture subjugated in the name of some PC "multiculturism" which only seems to ever work one way. I don't want to see hard won women's rights go back to the 7th century. And if anyone has a problem with that....too bad!

Women's rights.

Aside from Saudi Arabia, who by the way is the worst abuser of women's rights. What other country do you believe treats its women like second class citizens??

Last I remember Indonesia, Pakistan have female presidents. Other Muslim countries have female presidents.

So, it's easy to throw out the women's rights issue...And then ignore it when you deal with Saudi Arabia because the west can be bought with money.

You just have your own version of the truth.

When Islam spread, you were not FORCED to convert. You were asked to pay a tax, which by the way went to building churches, creating infrastructure, and providing protection.

Not my fault you're an islamaphobe and yes, that is a horrible thing because it is borne out of ignorance.
Asked to pay a tax? What the hell for? Provide protection? From whom?

If Islamophobe means fear and horror of Islam....absolutely! I am a woman after all. You know a second (or third) class citizen in their eyes? The lesser of the species? The one whose testimony is worth half of a man's?m

And for the record: I don't give a rat's ass if you take me seriously or not. I guess we are just about equal in our opinions of each other, hmm?

Asked to pay a tax? What the hell for? Provide protection? From whom?

If Islamophobe means fear and horror of Islam....absolutely! I am a woman after all. You know a second (or third) class citizen in their eyes? The lesser of the species? The one whose testimony is worth half of a man's?
What do you mean from whom? Are you trying to act dumb?

You pay a tax now don't you, what does it go to?

Same thing, except in the 7th-10th century. A period it seems you know nothing about. No one was forced to convert and indeed many didn't. But because they would be provided with all the benefits that came along with being incorporated into the islamic empire they were asked to pay an income tax. In return, you were protected from invading armies, you were protected from crime, your churches, temples were renovated.

And the second man who was stabbed standing up to a psychotic bully in Oregon has died. Strange that no one has mentioned that...

In a statement responding to Friday's attack, the Council on American-Islamic Relations said that anti-Muslim incidents increased by more than 50 per cent in the United States from 2015 to 2016 due in part to President Donald Trump's focus on militant Islamist groups and anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Those guys won't comment here because it doesn't fit their agenda. Their conspiracy and antimuslim websites make stuff like this seem heroic. It's sad.

Women's rights.

Aside from Saudi Arabia, who by the way is the worst abuser of women's rights. What other country do you believe treats its women like second class citizens??

Last I remember Indonesia, Pakistan have female presidents. Other Muslim countries have female presidents.

So, it's easy to throw alone the women's rights issue...And then ignore it when you deal with Saudi Arabia beside the west can be bought with money.

Just the usual misinformation, Equi. And once again, nothing to do with terrorism but a return to the usual Islam bashing. Female Muslim leaders throughout history is pretty easy to find.

Last I saw Muslims aren't creating cartoons of Jesus or Moses to offend those religions.

And I'm sorry, since the cat is out of the bag and you guys are now just ******** on this religion allow me to tell you that YOU ARE ignorant. Is that PC enough for you?

You forgot to say "in your opinion". And I told you, I despise PC!

Those guys won't comment here because it doesn't fit their agenda. Their conspiracy and antimuslim websites make stuff like this seem heroic. It's sad.
Yes I'm seeing comments on the net that saying he is a lone wolf and mentally ill excuses him from murder. Utter rot. do they think there's some sort of competition between what kind of murderer is worse - A singleton or one who belongs in a gang? Every single time.

And as usual, state sanctioned terrorism of the innocent in Philippines in the name of 'collateral damage' wont get a mention so I'll just park this in here.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...rn-philippines

It's simply not a valid response to say "that source is discredited" and then act as if you don't need to answer anything coming from it, particularly when, as Cob pointed out, they're often just citing other sources, anyway.

What needs to stop are these condescending addendums and extracurricular jabs. They serve no purpose other than making the argument uglier and less substantive. Good, fact-based arguments don't need them.

My preference is always for people to self-regulate in controversial discussions, and to that end I've asked people in this thread to reign it in several times. It seems to have made very little difference. So it's going to be something close to zero tolerance from now on: any post with a whiff of ad hominem is getting removed.

It's simply not a valid response to say "that source is discredited" and then act as if you don't need to answer anything coming from it, particularly when, as Cob pointed out, they're often just citing other sources, anyway.

What needs to stop are these condescending addendums and extracurricular jabs. They serve no purpose other than making the argument uglier and less substantive. Good, fact-based arguments don't need them.

My preference is always for people to self-regulate in controversial discussions, and to that end I've asked people in this thread to reign it in several times. It seems to have made very little difference. So it's going to be something close to zero tolerance from now on: any post with a whiff of ad hominem is getting removed.

Just for the record. Attacking a religion and supporting it with conspiracy theory forums and anti Muslim websites is not the way to go either especially dive I've done my best to stick to historical truth. How can we carry on a conversation when in every post I have to deal with people using known hateful sources as their back-up.
And if this is the road you're going to go down maybe I'll start posting KKK material, ISIS material, NAZI material in this website since apparently nothing is off limits.

I like members who pick their topics and don't randomly crap posts in as many threads as they can manage.

That's interesting. Maybe you should apprise yourself of Yoda's latest post, because all I've seen that you've done since I've been in this thread is toss comments around just like that, or hijack. If you dont like my posts, stop reading them rather than carry on with this constant angst which you've been carrying since I arrived on this board.

So, care to comment on the 2 Americans stabbed to death on the weekend? How about the threat of thousands of innocent people to be used as collateral damage in Philippines?

Cartoons would be far preferable to continuous global terrorism, suicide / homicide bombings, flying planes into buildings, rape gangs, mass beheadings, modern slavery, mowing crowds down with trucks, attacking Jews in the streets, wholesale slaughter of Hindus, murdering Buddhists, carrying out a Holocaust on Christians, burning churches, synagogues and temples, shooting little girls through the head for attending school, torturing and throwing homosexuals off buildings, blowing up school buses of children.

Oh well, at least they're not drawing cartoons! Holy Allah, THAT would be just awful! What a wonderful ideology that so respects other religions to the point where they would not draw cartoons about them - just slaughter them all over the world.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
And as usual, state sanctioned terrorism of the innocent in Philippines in the name of 'collateral damage' wont get a mention so I'll just park this in here.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...rn-philippines
How about the threat of thousands of innocent people to be used as collateral damage in Philippines?
Nonsense!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...03#post1707603

Women's rights.

So, it's easy to throw alone the women's rights issue...And then ignore it when you deal with Saudi Arabia beside the west can be bought with money.

http://reports.weforum.org/global-ge...2016/rankings/

I suggest you have a look at which countries are at the bottom of the ranking. I find it really funny you are trying to convince me Islam has a good track record as far as women's rights are concerned.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/raza-h..._13741944.html

Pakistan’s dismal rankings in other subcategories also reveals that merely having female legislators does not essentially translate into improvement for women in other areas

It also does not reflect the everyday misogynist and sexist behavior which any Pakistani woman can vouch that she routinely faces.

I also think that gender imbalance is a general issue for Muslim countries and not just Pakistan. If we see the rankings closely we will find that Muslim countries are right at the bottom.

out of 144 countries ranked in 2016, not even a single Muslim majority country makes it into the top 50.

And the lady who posted the above article is probably a huge "Islamophobe" (even though everything indicates she is from Pakistan) but what she has to say is interesting nonetheless.