A view from the Master.

→ in
Tools    

I still need to see a few movies from 2013, but I can't imagine The Wolf of Wall Street not being my favorite movie of the year, forever.

I also love A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Cloverfield was real good too.

Good stuff Masterman.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"

Death Proof is easily Quentin Tarantino's most underrated movie. It's a movie that defines the word cool, it defines entertaining, it's everything you could enjoy in a movie plus more. Death Proof has a great cast, great action, and badass dialogue. It's a great movie and one of Tarantino's best ( well in my opinion anyway).

Road House is my favourite Patrick Swayze movie. It's a fun old action movie, with hot girls, cheesy lines, and some great fight scenes. They don't make action movies like this anymore and it's a shame, because Road House is a very entertaining movie. "Nobody puts Road House in the corner".

I still need to see a few movies from 2013, but I can't imagine The Wolf of Wall Street not being my favorite movie of the year, forever.

I also love A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Cloverfield was real good too.

Good stuff Masterman.
Thanks mate. Glad to see a fan of Elm Street, and Cloverfield. Did you enjoy Elm Street remake?.

Don't much care for Death Proof, but Road House is fun!
How come you didn't enjoy Death Proof?.

You know when you go onto Rotten Tomatoes and you look at a score for a movie like Apocalypse Now or Taxi Driver that is one or two negative reviews away from being 100% Certified Fresh and you think this person is an idiot and an @$$ hole for clearly not getting or liking a genius movie?

When it comes to Tarantino... I'm that @$$ hole.

So basically the dialogue and editing.

Haha okay, fair point.

Two great choices there, MM. Road House is on my 100 and I also think Death Proof is hugely underrated, mainly because the man himself thinks it's his worst film (which it isn't. That's Inglorious Basterds, unless Django is even worse.)

Two great choices there, MM. Road House is on my 100 and I also think Death Proof is hugely underrated, mainly because the man himself thinks it's his worst film (which it isn't. That's Inglorious Basterds, unless Django is even worse.)
I'd have to agree with Inglorious Basterds being one of his worst, along with Jackie Brown.

Death Proof is definitely Tarantino's worst. It's as if he wrote the whole thing while drunk.

Death Proof is definitely Tarantino's worst. It's as if he wrote the whole thing while drunk.
You could say that about all his movies. If I had to rate what I've seen it would go:

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Death Proof
Django
Inglorious Basterds
Jackie Brown

Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill both volumes
Reservoir Dogs
Django Unchained
Death Proof

I wish he hadn't made Death Proof.

Bad Grandpa
Directed By: Jeff Tremaine

As a fan of Jackass, it's always good to see there stunts, and jokes hit the big screen. The tv series, and movies have all been a big hit with the audience (Johnny Knoxville has certainly gotten a career out of) and it's popularity is certainly still there. There next project Bad Grandpa has it's moments, but it's not up there with there other work, It's not as good as the other Jackass movies, and the other cast members are certainly missed. As much as I love to see Johnny Knoxville pranking people, and doing things that normal people don't do, there was something missing!. The other Jackass movies have variety, there are different stunts ranging from pranks, to stupidity, and seeing Knoxville and the rest of the bunch getting hurt has always been entertaining.

Trivia:

Johnny Knoxville has stated that his Irving Zisman character is a combination of his own father and a more perverted version of himself.

Although credited, Spike Jonze (Gloria) was not in the final cut but can be seen during the end credits and the deleted scenes on DVD/Blu-Ray.
Bad Grandpa does have it's funny moments, but it's dragged out way to long. They could of just took the best bits of the movie and put them into another Jackass movie. Ime not saying Bad Grandpa is a bad movie, some pranks are genius, and some had me chuckling writing this review. The problem is some of the pranks are weak, there was times I was getting a little bored with the silly story, that feels thrown in to fill the gaps.

Overall not a bad movie, it still has some great Knoxville moments, and some funny moments. The rest of the the Jackass crew are certainly missed, and the movie does become a bit stale. But it's worth a watch.

There were parts of Bad Grandpa that I thought were hysterical, although I believe I gave it the same ranking you did. I remember when the show first came out; I'd have the bartender put it on. Watching it with a bar full of drunks who never saw it before was a special time.

The Amazing Spider-Man
Directed By: Marc Webb

"Oh no. Somebody's been a bad lizard."

The first time i seen The Amazing Spider-man I didn't really enjoy it. This has been happening quite a lot lately, mainly because going to the cinema is just not that much fun anymore. Endless adverts and trailers, to much noise, and people messing about has me leaving the cinema not really enjoying the movie. Anyway, I re-watched The Amazing Spider-Man and damn did I enjoy it. I always seem to enjoy the origin story's in comic book movies, and this is one of my favourites.

Movie Trivia:

Michael Fassbender was originally considered for the role of Dr Curt Connors; he eventually went on to play Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". His "Inglourious Basterds" co-star Christoph Waltz was later rumored to be attached to the part.
. Great scenes of Spiderman swinging around the city

. Great performances across the cast, especially Rhys Ifans

. The best Spiderman Movie to have hit the big screen.

The Amazing Spider-Man has everything going for it. Great cast, great story, and a very cool villain. Andrew Garfield was great as Peter Parker, i loved how he portrayed the character, and I enjoyed the role a lot more than Toby Maguire. Emma Stone was great, she's fast becoming a star, and I think we will see great things from her. My favourite performance of the movie came from Rhys Ifans as Dr Curt Connors (Lizard). His role of the villain was very interesting, and it was a very entertaining performance from Connors.

Movie Trivia:

Before Andrew Garfield was announced for the lead part, Taylor Lautner, Josh Hutcherson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Logan Lerman, Robert Pattinson, Jamie Bell, Daniel Radcliffe, Michael Angarano, Michael Cera, Alden Ehrenreich, Zac Efron, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Xavier Samuel, Jim Sturgess, Liam Aiken and Anton Yelchin were also considered to play the lead role.
Overall this was a very good movie. I have mixed feeling about comic book movies, but this is one of favourites. The Amazing Spider-Man was a lot better than the previous Spider-Man trilogy, with some great action, and fantastic shots of Spiderman swinging over the city, all makes for a very strong, and entertaining movie.

Ime doing a Jaydee rant here. 2 reps for my last review, yet in the rate the last movie thread I got 4 reps for 2 sentences. C'mon people!!!!!!.

Ime thinking of doing a few reviews on comic book movies myself soon, with Rodents list about to start I think it would be pretty cool.