Movies That Only You SEEM to Love

Tools    

What does the emphasis on "seem" imply? That we dont actually love them? Or are you asking about movies that we love that no one else seems to?

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Literally most horror slasher sequels. I don't necessarily "love" them, but I love watching them. I love watching most Halloween sequels, most Friday the 13th sequels except everything after New Blood, most Nightmare on Elm Street sequels.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Hey, I love it too! And I'm pretty sure most users who saw it at least liked it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

[quote=matt72582;1879872]Harry and Tonto

I seem to love Harry and Tonto too. I have a feeling we are not as alone as we think in enjoying his ambling little gem of a movie. Great performance from Art Carney..

I'm a fan of biopics of musicians I be admire and they don't always receive the acclaim I think they should- Get On Up is one.

A fun police thriller/ comedy with Hartison Ford/ called Hollywood Homicide. I may be the only one in Americs who never tires of re watching this one.

And Cinderella Liberty

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
What does the emphasis on "seem" imply? That we dont actually love them? Or are you asking about movies that we love that no one else seems to?
I only used that word because there are always exceptions.. I guess we won't know until someone says "Hey, I love that movie, too" - followed by (hopefully) a lot of ideas being exchanged.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I liked Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Live Free or Die Hard, but can't think of other moviegoers that do.

Doom
Jeepers Creepers
Waiting...

but I'm perfectly fine with it

Harry and Tonto
Ana-ta-han
Hey, I love it too! And I'm pretty sure most users who saw it at least liked it.
I like this movie but haven't seen it in a while. The first time I saw it was when it was first released and my older sister took me to the local drive-in to see it since we didn't have a cinema. She was cool like that. She's how I got to see The French Connection while it was still new. Anyway, grim, but good movie.

I like almost all the movies mentioned here, some more than others but I don't actively hate any of them.

I've never been able to catch Harry and Tonto but really want to. A movie I love but nobody else seems to is The Ninth Configuration. But...I was jazzed to find out that akatemple has it as one of their Top Ten movies.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Ninth Configuration
A good film. Here's what I wrote after I watched it:

The Ninth Configuration (1980) -

A pretty twisted, but ultimately full of meaning Kubrickian supplement to a Vietnam syndrome triptych (Jacob's Ladder and Full Metal Jacket being the other two). At times tiresome, at times wonderful, every line of spoken language seems to be important in this flick. The last scene and that freeze frame once again prove that a freeze frame, when used skillfully, may be the best way to end a film.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I like this movie but haven't seen it in a while. The first time I saw it was when it was first released and my older sister took me to the local drive-in to see it since we didn't have a cinema. She was cool like that. She's how I got to see The French Connection while it was still new. Anyway, grim, but good movie.

I like almost all the movies mentioned here, some more than others but I don't actively hate any of them.

I've never been able to catch Harry and Tonto but really want to. A movie I love but nobody else seems to is The Ninth Configuration. But...I was jazzed to find out that akatemple has it as one of their Top Ten movies.
With Stacy Keach? Good movie.

Harry and Tonto
Ana-ta-han

I love They Shoot Horses, Don't They?...that movie was freaking brilliant, Jane Fonda should have won her first Oscar for it.

With Stacy Keach? Good movie.
All right! Another fan of that awesome movie.

For some reason, the first movie that popped into my head when I saw the title of this thread was S.O.B.
When I saw S.O.B. for the first time I was a bit mixed on it, but over time I've come to really like it, especially Richard Mulligan, whom I thought was brilliant on the TV comedy Soap. Need to see it again.