Subjects Film Never Seems To Cover

Tools    

When's the last time you saw a film about a person in a wheelchair. I'm not talking about the My Left Foot type of movies, I'm talking about those people in wheelchairs you always see in kids posters trying to be diverse.
What do you mean on kids posters trying to be diverse? Can you post an example of this i'm genuinely confused.

There's the French film The Intouchables which according to wiki is the third highest grossing film in France:

Aaltra features 2 guys in wheelchairs. Pretty funny film.

I think the vietnam war is very much untouched...for good reason. My father was a part of that. There was a book and movie that were good "Hamburger Hill"
There’ve been several movies about Vietnam.

movies can be okay...
A movie without conflict..
Paterson by Jim Jarmusch.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Father-daughter incest is rarely shown in film. Can only think of The Ballad of Jack & Rose off the top of my head, which was a good movie. Murmur of the Heart has mother-son incest. This is an excellent book that would make a great movie, which, at its core, is about father-daughter incest.

movies can be okay...
Disappearances. I don't think I have seen a film that covers this topic, or at least a memorable one. I'm sure there are many out there though.

EDIT: ****! Spoorloos...duh!

A movie without conflict.. I'd love to see a movie with a lake in view, nature, quiet, besides some nice, easy talking.. Doesn't even have to be great, I just want to remember how it felt to be outside of the city.

Try Baraka, it's beautiful and without conflict (my favourite scene is of the Japanese snow-monkeys, awww)

Disappearances. I don't think I have seen a film that covers this topic, or at least a memorable one. I'm sure there are many out there though.

Also Missing, a great film.
(In Spanish it's called 'Desaparecido' - disappeared)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

One of the best Dutch movies!

Welcome to the human race...
You're wrong....bullying is never a good thing. Interesting that you equate soft and cowardly with women (estrogen).

I'd like to see a movie about a misogynistic young man who after meeting a wonderful woman for the first time has his heart enlightened and begins to understand his past anger.
I'd say that Fight Club fits that description to an extent, which is ironic considering that Tramuzgan calls it his favourite movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'd say that Fight Club fits that description to an extent, which is ironic considering that Tramuzgan calls it his favourite movie.
I dont know what it is but the fact he said many kids who get bullied deserve it then specifically named two subcultures is highly disturbing. I've never heard of weeaboo before and had to lookit up. There are non japanese here who are pretty obsessed with certain elements of japanese culture, myself included, so I'd like to know if he'd pigeon hole us for the purposes of bullying. What gives a person who bullies the right to determine who deserves to be bullied? It's not for a bully to decide who he or she needs to bash, either physically or psychologically; in order to change the way they think just because they dont like and/or understand the way they choose to live.

that's got to be trolling if you ask me.

I dont know what it is but the fact he said many kids who get bullied deserve it then specifically named two subcultures is highly disturbing. I've never heard of weeaboo before and had to lookit up...
I didn't know what a weeaboo or a furry was so I looked it up. Here's what it said:

Weeaboo is a mostly derogatory slang term for a Western person who is obsessed with Japanese culture, especially anime, often regarding it as superior to all other cultures.
Furry fandom is a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.

Father-daughter incest is rarely shown in film. Can only think of The Ballad of Jack & Rose off the top of my head, which was a good movie. Murmur of the Heart has mother-son incest. This is an excellent book that would make a great movie, which, at its core, is about father-daughter incest.
The War Zone (1999)

movies can be okay...

I'm so dumb...so many great films I've seen that are about this subject, have popped up back in my head, ever since I posted this.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didn't know what a weeaboo or a furry was so I looked it up. Here's what it said:
I knew what a furry was. I dont do it and I'm not aware of others who do but it has zero impact on my life so why on earth would I feel the need to bully them to change their opinion, or more importantly, have the right to change their opinion.

A good murder mystery is something that no one cares for these days. Had high hopes for Snowman, and that turned out to be woeful.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A good murder mystery is something that no one cares for these days. Had high hopes for Snowman, and that turned out to be woeful.
Would you consider "The Usual Suspects" a murder mystery?

Would you consider "The Usual Suspects" a murder mystery?
Ummm.... I don't think I would.