A movie you like that is out of the norm for you

Tools    

I get crushed from some of my friends, well most of them, who have crappy movie taste. They think I like nothing but boring award winning movies. Which to an extent is sorta of right, but mostly wrong. I have a hard time getting into fantasy movies for example Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Or big budget popcorn flicks I generally stay away from movies like the Fast and the Furious. I am taken out of the movie once I see aliens or impossible chase scenes. Not to say I don't enjoy them, just not my flavor of choice. For example I immensely enjoyed Guardians, which to most of my friends would be out of the norm for me. Or Pacific Rim. People were shocked when I enjoyed that, that movie was a ton of fun.

Anyways, I was just curious, what is a movie that you really enjoyed that if people who knew your movie taste would be shocked to learn that you liked?

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Monster's Inc and Charlotte's Web because they're animations. Unforgiven, The Quick And The Dead, The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Claim, Ride with the Devil and High Plains Drifter because they're westerns.

Monster's Inc and Charlotte's Web because they're animations.
You must turn in a ballot. Even if you wait until Nov. 17th and those are the only two movies on it, you must turn it in.

Cries and Whispers just like Miss Vicky. That Obscure Object of Desire, 3 Women, Persepolis, The Marriage of Maria Braun, anything animated or artsy and some foreign.

Oh one animated film that I was surprised to like was Waltz With Bashir.
I'm usually much more into cute and funny animation and I typically do not like any sort of war movies, but I really liked that one.

Magnolia. It's melodramatic and it's preachy, but it tickled me in all the right places.

A rom-com with more heart than comedy.

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Oh one animated film that I was surprised to like was Waltz With Bashir.
I'm usually much more into cute and funny animation and I typically do not like any sort of war movies, but I really liked that one.
I was kind of surprised you liked that as well, but I'm glad you did.

A rom-com with more heart than comedy.

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

That one on face value seems like something I wouldn't like either. It had it's flaws but I really enjoyed it. Carrell is so damn likable.

I dont think there are any that "are out of the norm" for me... I enjoy most anything except "American Comedies"... I have seen them but I just usually role my eyes and think of the stupid jokes they make...I am very selective of films I watch... well more now than before....

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I really don't know. Others can say what films I like that surprised them, but I just take what comes as far as my likes and dislikes go. Around here some people see me as a cliche, but I don't feel like a cliche. Honestly, I'd love to find a Godard film I like more than Breathless, but it hasn't happened yet.

I really don't know. Others can say what films I like that surprised them,
I'm usually just shocked when you rate any non-Spielberg film higher than

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Negotiator (1998)

Most of my favorite movies are old classic romance movies, rom-coms, musicals, and some sci-fi, like Star Wars and Close Encounters, (but not horror), so this one is out of the norm for me. I kind of like stuff like Die Hard and the Fast & Furious movies, but those are basically one-time watches for me. For some reason, (I don't know why), I have to watch The Negotiator whenever it's on.

I really don't know. Others can say what films I like that surprised them, but I just take what comes as far as my likes and dislikes go. Around here some people see me as a cliche, but I don't feel like a cliche. Honestly, I'd love to find a Godard film I like more than Breathless, but it hasn't happened yet.
I actually have great respect for your taste, mark, even though our tastes seem so opposite. It makes the times we do agree feel special to me (I loved reading what you said about Boyhood).

Fair enough, but that's true too of Kubrick and Billy Wilder and most of Scorsese and post-1950 Kurosawa.
I'm only teasing. I have more respect for your thoughts on movies than just about any other MoFo.