Perfect Roles For Actors

Tools    

Some actors/actresses are just destined to play certain historical figures or famous people. The actor just reminds people so much of a certain person.

I read Andre 3000 was going play Jimi Hendrix and Sacha Baron Cohen was trying to get a Freddie Mercury Biopic going. Those two are just perfect matches for those parts. Jamie Foxx was scary how good he was playing Ray Charles. He even knew how to play the piano well going into it.

Hanks as Walt Disney is another one I can totally see. Looks like him and just oozes of the charisma you'd expect Walt Disney to have.

Just wondering if you guys have any actors/actresses you believe are perfect playing a historical figure or famous person?

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Will Smith pretty much has to play Obama haha.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I know that Superman is not a real person (only in the hearts of us geeks)... but I think 'Matt Bomer' would've been a fantastic pick. Carb-up, hit the weights, perfection!

I think Will Smith is severely overrated and playing real-life figures is definitely NOT his thing. Despite receiving an Oscar nomination for it, I think ALI was one of his weakest performances. I would rather see SNL's Jay Pharoah play Obama than Smith.

I think Will Smith is severely overrated and playing real-life figures is definitely NOT his thing. Despite receiving an Oscar nomination for it, I think ALI was one of his weakest performances. I would rather see SNL's Jay Pharoah play Obama than Smith.
Hmm interesting...I think if Jay gets the chance at a juicy drama role he would do fantastic. People who can escape into another person as well as he can with his impersonations, I imagine they could escape into a serious drama role too.

Will has expressed interest in it, and Obama has personally given him his recommendation, so good luck with that.

I love Smith as an actor, I think he brings great emotional depth to roles that need it, and for blockbuster type movies, he creates a lovable, interesting, and entertaining character.

How about comic book speculation?

Young John Cusack as Peter parker/Spiderman

Young Charles Bronson as Logan/Wolverine

Any other suggestions for comic book characters?

I thought he was amazing in THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS, but for the most part, Will Smith pretty much plays Will Smith in every movie he makes. I will say that I thought Diana Ross was a perfect fit for the role of Billie Holliday and even though it was a fictional character, I can't imagine anyone playing Patrick Bateman but CHristian Bale.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Maggie Cheung - In the Mood For Love

Daria Nicolodi - Deep Red

Lina Leandersson - Let the Right One In

Annette Bening and Kevin Spacey - American Beauty

I'm sure there's loads more, but these were the first ones that sprung to my mind

Just wondering if you guys have any actors/actresses you believe are perfect playing a historical figure or famous person?
There was a thing on the other day where they showed a death mask of Henry VII. It looked exactly like the actor Tony Melody.

Over Christmas I watched the 1964 BBC adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo with Alan Badel. As with many versions of the story Badel played both the old and the young Edmond Dantès but it took some suspension of disbelief to accept a man in his mid-forties as the juvenile. It's only over successive episodes that the series really gets going and Badel gets better and better as the vengeful Count, being equally charming and downright menacing.

It's a story I really appreciate and I think this was the most faithful screen version I've seen yet. The Gerard Depardieu miniseries is excellent too, and is probably my favourite (and sensibly his late son Guillaume plays the young Dantès). I'm also quite fond of the Jim Caviezel film as I particularly liked him but felt the rest of it was far too camp for its own good. The Richard Chamberlain film is also very good.

On a side note I've always thought that had we seen the Master in Doctor Who pre-Roger Delgado, Alan Badel would have been great opposite William Hartnell (they had worked together in This Sporting Life too). He had exactly the kind of hypnotic quality and general decadence about him to convey that character.

Over Christmas I watched the 1964 BBC adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo with Alan Badel. As with many versions of the story Badel played both the old and the young Edmond Dantès but it took some suspension of disbelief to accept a man in his mid-forties as the juvenile. It's only over successive episodes that the series really gets going and Badel gets better and better as the vengeful Count, being equally charming and downright menacing.

It's a story I really appreciate and I think this was the most faithful screen version I've seen yet. The Gerard Depardieu miniseries is excellent too, and is probably my favourite (and sensibly his late son Guillaume plays the young Dantès). I'm also quite fond of the Jim Caviezel film as I particularly liked him but felt the rest of it was far too camp for its own good. The Richard Chamberlain film is also very good.

On a side note I've always thought that had we seen the Master in Doctor Who pre-Roger Delgado, Alan Badel would have been great opposite William Hartnell (they had worked together in This Sporting Life too). He had exactly the kind of hypnotic quality and general decadence about him to convey that character.

To my understanding there's never really been a "true" Count of Monte Cristo put to film (i.e. one that follows the book). Of course it would be impossible to put the entire book in a movie as the book gets quite soap-opera-y toward the end (this is due to the fact that it became a serial fiction article in French periodicals and Dumas began to write it as such as the Count gains more extraneous characters & sub-plots and virtually becomes a detective as well as a vigilante, revenge-seeker and deliverer of justice).

Still, most film versions seem to disregard even some of the major details of the story (although, I've never seen the Depardieu miniseries version, which I hear is one of the truest and serves the incredibly detailed story well by stretching it out over a miniseries.)

As for actors who were perfect for their roles... this guy...

To my understanding there's never really been a "true" Count of Monte Cristo put to film (i.e. one that follows the book). Of course it would be impossible to put the entire book in a movie as the book gets quite soap-opera-y toward the end (this is due to the fact that it became a serial fiction article in French periodicals and Dumas began to write it as such as the Count gains more extraneous characters & sub-plots and virtually becomes a detective as well as a vigilante, revenge-seeker and deliverer of justice).

Still, most film versions seem to disregard even some of the major details of the story (although, I've never seen the Depardieu miniseries version, which I hear is one of the truest and serves the incredibly detailed story well by stretching it out over a miniseries.)

As for actors who were perfect for their roles... this guy...

WARNING: "TWD Spoilers" spoilers below
And Jeffrey Dean Morgan is gonna "kill it" literally on The Walking Dead as Negan.

WARNING: "TWD Spoilers" spoilers below
And Jeffrey Dean Morgan is gonna "kill it" literally on The Walking Dead as Negan.
WARNING: "western" spoilers below
I know many people who laughed to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the villain in the Danish/American western "The Salvation".

I almost want to bump that thread about actors who look like other actors, because there are some shots of Jeffrey Dean Morgan where he looks just like Robert Downey Jr.

For instance: