Richard Jewell

Tools    

I apologize if I didn't search right but I didn't see anything about Clint's new flick on the site. It's amazing this dude is still pumping out films at 90. Legend.

The trailer came out about a month ago. Not sure if it is going be any good. Seems to be getting helluva good word of mouth going around about it and WB placed it in December for a reason apparently. Anyways it's about the Atlanta Olympic bombings and the guy who found the bomb and then got wrongfully pinned for placing the bombs down by the media and government. Ruined his life. Sounds like Clint is going go after the media in this movie through this story. He is the only dude in Hollywood with the clout on the opposite side of how Hollywood leans to be able to tell this story, like it should be. Quite timely if you ask me. Believe I was like 9 during that Olympics, my first real Olympic experience. Ended up going to school near Atlanta. Think I might go support this flick in the theaters.

Whatever you think about the film the trailer is worth your time. It should win an award alone. It's phenomenal. Griping as hell.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

A system of cells interlinked
Definitely want to check this out, as I am a fan of ol' Clint.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Sam Rockwell and the guy from I, Tonya is enough for me.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It looks really good but there is one thing in the trailer I don't get. In the real story, Richard Jewell warns the police about a bomb, but here the police seem to have him do it in a phone over and over again. Why? But it will probably make sense, once I see the movie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It looks really good but there is one thing in the trailer I don't get. In the real story, Richard Jewell warns the police about a bomb, but here the police seem to have him do it in a phone over and over again. Why? But it will probably make sense, once I see the movie.
One of these days I want to be asking the questions and you be the one with the answers.

Suspect's Reviews

Clint Eastwood is on a roll. The Mule last year was really good. Gripping and captivating with excellent performances by the entire cast. I expect this movie to be the same.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I just watched the movie, and what was interesting is how the FBI and the prosecutor, were able to do a search and wire tap without any probable cause it seems, but the movie never really goes into this much. Did this happen in real life, or was it exaggerated in the movie for dramatic license? According to searching on life, it did happen in real life, but the articles do not go why into why a judge would allow searches and wire tap orders, especially of the lawyer's office, with no real evidence.

The feds wanted to see if the 911 voice warning was the same as Jewell’s voice. Obviously, it wasn’t.

This movie was great...Sam Rockwell and Kathy Bates were amazing.
I agree. And Paul Walter Hauser was excellent as Jewell. The critics dissed it, but the fans liked it, which usually means it's a good picture...

I agree. And Paul Walter Hauser was excellent as Jewell. The critics dissed it, but the fans liked it, which usually means it's a good picture...
Surely not quite ‘dissed’ it, weren’t enthusiastic, perhaps? Paul Walter Hauser was, indeed, great. I also watch everything with Rockwell and I didn’t regret watching this, but it was a bit uneven, and at times PWH gave me Shawn from I, Tonya vibes, and this is no compliment. From what I remember, the main criticism was that the film over-simplified the story, which it did.

Welcome to the human race...
But that makes sense because the whole movie is about people judging Jewell unfairly because he gives off bad vibes.