Is it me or is The Descent just too creepy?

Tools    

Muz
Is it me or is The Descent is just too creepy that I don't dare watch the movie anymore?

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Is that the one where a group of ladies go caving (spelunking) and end up getting lost/trapped and also facing off against some beasts picking them off one by one?
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It is really creepy but that's what makes it really effective. I am split on the ending, that the protagonist seems to not blame her husband as much for what happened, but still a good effective horror movie.

Is it me or is The Descent is just too creepy that I don't dare watch the movie anymore?
It's just you.

:-) Im pretty sure there is another movie similar to that where some cavers are trapped and being attacked by really large creatures, some that can even fly.

The Cave (2005)

I saw The Descent in theaters back in the day. I think it was actually one of the first dates, if not the first, with my wife and we both loved it. We've seen it several times after that, but despite that, we tried to rewatch it last Halloween I think, and we both got major heebie-jeebies during the first act as they are exploring the cave. My wife even bailed out, again, despite having seen it numerous times. Weird.

Victim of The Night
I saw The Descent in theaters back in the day. I think it was actually one of the first dates, if not the first, with my wife and we both loved it. We've seen it several times after that, but despite that, we tried to rewatch it last Halloween I think, and we both got major heebie-jeebies during the first act as they are exploring the cave. My wife even bailed out, again, despite having seen it numerous times. Weird.
Yup. The scariest part of the movie to me, up to a certain point, had been the part where that one girl gets kinda stuck. Freaked me the hell out.

Yup. The scariest part of the movie to me, up to a certain point, had been the part where that one girl gets kinda stuck. Freaked me the hell out.
Yep. That's the point when we had to stop it. Like I said, my wife couldn't go on. I had to get up, get something to drink before going back to it.