Help me with 2010s Movie Recommendations

Tools    

I tend to like longer lists of recommendations.

Once you cut out the films you've already seen, you can check out the ones most frequently recommended and then get a nice set of 15-20 films to watch.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Incendies has to be my favorite movie of that decade, but given how family-friendly your tastes seem to be, it is probably not for you. Still, I am leaving the name here for anyone else interested.

Some titles closer to your preferences:
Cold War
Drive
Your Name
Call Me by Your Name
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Jagten
Baby Driver
Swiss Army Man
Whiplash
Edge of Tomorrow
Burning
Phantom Thread
Perfetti Sconosciuti
Before Midnight
About Time
Midnight in Paris
Snowpiercer
Dredd

Thank you for the suggestions. I've seen several of these movies, and I'll try to watch some of the other movies on your list.

These are the movies that I've seen. The ones in green have a chance to make my list.
Your Name
Call Me by Your Name
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Jagten
Baby Driver
Swiss Army Man
Whiplash
Edge of Tomorrow
Phantom Thread
Before Midnight
About Time
Midnight in Paris
Snowpiercer

I remember liking The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Baby Driver, but I don't remember them well, so they might also have a chance after I rewatch them.

You forgot to mention you also really don't like spiders on screen gbg

You may well like The Hundred-Foot Journey if you've not already seen it.
Also maybe give Edge Of Tomorrow a go if you haven't already.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already seen Edge Of Tomorrow, and it has a chance to make my list, but I'll check out The Hundred-Foot Journey when I get a chance.

And thanks for the mention about the spiders.
I'll add that to the list of notes in the first post.

La La Land (2016)

The Next Three Days (2010)
Gone Girl (2014)
Knock Knock (2015)
10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
The Shallows (2016)

The Martian (2015)
Arrival (2016)

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have La La Land on BluRay, and it's at the top of my watchlist.

I've seen Gone Girl, The Martian and Arrival, and I liked all three movies. It's been a while since I watched Gone Girl, so I'll have to rewatch it, but Arrival has a chance to make my list.

I'll try to watch some of the other movies that you suggested.

Arrival 2016 Denis Villeneuve
The Martian 2015 Ridley Scott
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 2016 Gareth Edwards
Edge of Tomorrow 2014 Doug Liman
Thor: Ragnarok 2017 Taika Waititi

Parasite 2019 ‘기생충’ Bong Joon-ho
The Descendants 2011 Alexander Payne
Masquerade 2012 ‘광해, 왕이 된 남자’ Choo Chang-min
Arctic 2018 Joe Penna
Spotlight 2015 Tom McCarthy

Brooklyn 2015 John Crowley
Dear John 2010 Lasse Hallström
Her 2013 Spike Jonze
Passengers 2016 Morten Tyldum
Allied 2016 Robert Zemeckis

Midnight in Paris 2011 Woody Allen
Silver Linings Playbook 2012 David O. Russell

Knives Out 2019 Rian Johnson
The Intouchables 2011 ‘Intouchables’ Éric Toledano
Inside Out 2015 Pete Docter
The Grand Budapest Hotel 2014 Wes Anderson

bonus rec.

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole 2010 Zack Snyder

As I said in the previous post, I've seen Arrival, The Martian, and Edge of Tomorrow already, and I liked all three movies.

I think I saw Rogue One: A Star Wars Story when it aired on TV with commercials, but the recent Star Wars movies seem to blend together a bit, so I'll have to double-check which movies I've seen and which ones are still on my watchlist. I may have to watch it without commercials anyway to give it a fair chance to make my list.

I've fallen a bit behind on the Marvel movies, so I haven't seen Thor: Ragnarok yet, but I have it on DVD, (maybe BluRay), and it's on my watchlist already.

I've seen Parasite and The Descendants, and I liked both movies. The Descendants has a good chance to make my list.

I have Spotlight on DVD, and it's on my watchlist.

I haven't heard of Masquerade or Arctic, but I'll look into them.

I think I've seen Brooklyn and Dear John, but it's been a while, so they both need a rewatch. If I remember correctly, I liked both movies, but probably not enough for either to make my list.

I've seen Her and Passengers, and I liked both movies enough to consider them for my list.

I haven't heard of Allied, but Robert Zemeckis has a good track record, so I'll definitely look into this movie.

I've seen both Midnight in Paris and Silver Linings Playbook, and I liked both of them enough to consider them for my list.

I saw Knives Out recently, and I liked it a lot. I also saw Inside Out, and loved it. Both movies have a chance to make my list.

I haven't seen The Intouchables, but I've heard of it. I think it was nominated in a HoF, but I wasn't in that HoF, so I didn't watch it. I'll try to watch it for the countdown.

I've seen The Grand Budapest Hotel, but Wes Anderson movies just don't seem to be my type of humor.

I haven't seen Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, but the poster looks familiar. I think I might have it on DVD. I'll have to check.

Shutter Island
Never let me go
Black Swan
Red
Crazy, stupid, love
Looper
Moonrise Kingdom

I think I've seen Never Let Me Go, and if I remember correctly, I liked it, but it's been a while so I'll have to rewatch it.

I've seen Black Swan, Looper, and Moonrise Kingdom, but it's been a while, so I only have vague memories of them. If I remember correctly, the only one that I liked enough to rewatch is Looper. I wasn't a fan of the other two movies.

I've seen Red, and I liked it enough to consider it for my list.

I haven't seen Shutter Island and Crazy, Stupid, Love, but I have both movies on DVD, and I added them to my watchlist.

I would recommend:

Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014)
Heaven Is for Real (2014)
The Imitation Game (2014)
Into the Woods (2014)
Isle of Dogs (2018)
It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)
Lady Bird (2017)
Marriage Story (2019)
Son of God (2014)
Thunder Road (2018)

I've seen Birdman, The Imitation Game, Into the Woods, It's Such a Beautiful Day, Marriage Story, and Thunder Road, and they're all good movies.

I may have to rewatch It's Such a Beautiful Day and Marriage Story, but Birdman and The Imitation Game are possibilities to make my list.

I like Into the Woods, but it pales in comparison to the American Playhouse (live, 1991) version, and the Broadway show.

I haven't seen the other movies on your list, but I'll try to watch some of them.

Here are my top ten recommendations for you.

1. Pina(2011)

It's in essence a ballet but it's moving beautiful and sticks with you long after you watched it. I know you have bad eyes so you don't have to worry about reading anything.

2. Free Solo(2019)

Alex Honnold on his quest to perform a free solo climb of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park in June 2017.

3.Won't You Be My Neighbor (2018)

is a 2018 American documentary film about the life and guiding philosophy of Fred Rogers, the host and creator of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, directed by Morgan Neville.

4. Eighth Grade (2018)

Eighth Grade takes a look at its titular time period that offers a rare and resounding ring of truth while heralding breakthroughs for writer-director Bo Burnham and captivating star Elsie Fisher

5. Never Let Me Go (2010)

6. 42(2013)

7. Kings of Summer(2013)

8. A Ghost Story (2017)

9. Bad Times at the El Royale(2018)

10. Under the Silver Lake(2018)

Thank you for the recommendations. (I'll watch all the trailers when I finish all of these replies.)

As I said earlier, I think I've seen Never Let Me Go, and if I remember correctly, I liked it, so I added it to my watchlist.

I've seen 42 and Bad Times at the El Royale, and I liked both movies. 42 has a chance to make my list.

Won't You Be My Neighbor has been on my watchlist for a while, so thank you for reminding me about it.

I haven't heard of most of the other movies, so I'll look into them, but at a glance, Pina sounds very interesting.

Some animated recommendations besides the usual Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks stuff:

Ernest & Celestine (France)

The Breadwinner

The Illusionist (France)

Isle of Dogs

Klaus

My Life as a Zucchini (France)

Your Name (Japan)

Wrinkles (Spain)

I've indicated the ones that are in foreign languages. For all but Ernest & Celestine, I recommend the original language dubs. I liked both dubs for Ernest, but I think Forest Whitaker makes for a better bear voice than the actor in the original dub.

Thank you for the recommendations. I know how much you love animated movies, and I'm a fan of them too, so I'm looking forward to watching some of these movie. (I'll watch all of the trailers after I finish all my replies.)

The only ones on your list that I've seen are Ernest & Celestine and Your Name, and I liked both of them enough to consider them for my list.

I've heard good things about most of the others, so I'm looking forward to watching them.

A Star is Born (2018) - drama. Music, but not exactly a musical. An up and coming singer falls in with and out with an older, established star. This was much better than I thought it would be and well acted by all involved.

Lilting (2014) - A young man tries to communicate with his boyfriend's mother after his sudden death, although they don't speak the same language. A reflective drama about love, family, grief and communicating across cultural barriers.

Ethel and Ernest (2014) - Animated movie adapted from the graphic novel by Raymond Briggs (who also wrote The Snowman and When the Wind Blows). This is the story of his parents and their life. Nothing too dramatic but all the more affecting for that, a glimpse into the past.

Les Miserables (2012) - if you like musicals you've probably seen it already, but Les Mis is something that grew on me rather than an instant favourite. This film version suffers from too many close-ups and Russell Crowe's singing voice, but it's still got all the memorable songs and characters and is worth a watch (or even a second chance).

Paddington (2014) - Definitely family friendly and undeniably charming, the story of the famous bear who is adopted by the Brown family on Paddington station. Not just for kids by any means, with laugh out loud moments with some charmingly quirky visuals.

Wadjda (2012) - Saudi Arabian film about a girl who enters a Koran recitation competition to win the money to buy a bicycle. Wadjda has to deal with a lot of dismissal and disapproval, but the film doesn't dwell on this at all, it's about guts and optimism and it's really quite touching.

The Way He Looks (2014) - Sweet Brazilian coming of age/ romantic drama about a blind teenager who has plans to increase his independence and travel, despite the disapproval of his best friend and parents, who then falls for a new student.

Your Name (2016) - I see this has been suggested for you already, but adding my thumbs up to that recommendation. A little bit of romance and a little bit of sci-fi.

Cloud Atlas (2012) - this is a little bit of everything - period drama, comedy, romance, action, sci-fi - jumping from one time period to the next, following six main characters across different worlds, with a lot of the same actors reappearing in the different stories. It's often more than a little bit silly, but it worked for me.

One Day (2011) - romantic drama which follows two people on the same 'one day' each year.

Thank you for the recommendations.

I have A Star is Born on BluRay, and it's near the very top of my watchlist.

I've seen Les Miserables, Paddington, Wadjda, Your Name, Cloud Atlas, and One Day.

It's been a while since I've seen Cloud Atlas, but the thing I remember most about it is being very confused throughout the movie. I have it on DVD, so I'll have to rewatch it.

Les Miserables is great, and it has a good chance to make my list. It's not as good as the 10th Anniversary Dream Cast, or the Broadway show, but it's still a favorite movie for me.

Your Name and One Day are also possibilities for my list. Paddington also has a soft spot for me because I had a Paddington stuffed bear when I was a child.

I haven't heard of the other movies on your list, but I'll try to watch them.

I loved The Hundred Foot Journey and I really think GBG would like it too, it's her type of film. Link to my review

Thanks for the recommendation.

I had heard of The Hundred Foot Journey, but I didn't know anything about it before today. It sounds interesting, so I'll try to watch it.

DRAMAS
Take Shelter (2011)
Room (2015)
Brooklyn (2015)
Paterson (2016)
The Florida Project (2017)
First Reformed (2018)
A Hidden Life (2019)
Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019)

COMEDIES
Four Lions (2010)
Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)
In a World... (2013)
A Brand New Testament (2015)
Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016)
The Edge of Seventeen (2016)
Love & Friendship (2016)
The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)
The Meyerowitz Stories (New & Selected) (2019)

THRILLERS
Drive* (2011)
Blue Ruin (2013)
Prisoners (2013)
Nightcrawler (2014)
Green Room* (2015)
Hell or High Water (2016)
Wind River (2017)

MUSIC
The Muppets (2011)
Begin Again (2013)
Sing Street (2016)
La La Land (2016)
Hearts Beat Loud (2018)
A Star is Born (2018)

SCI-FI/HORROR
Enemy (2013)
The Martian (2015)
Midnight Special (2016)
Only Lovers Left Alive (2013)

DOCUMENTARY
The Arbor (2010)
The Act of Killing (2012)
Jodorowsky's Dune (2013)
Tim's Vermeer (2013)

*graphic violence, but a GREAT flick

I've seen Take Shelter, Brooklyn, The Edge of Seventeen, and The Martian, and they're all possibilities for my list, especially Take Shelter.

I've seen Room, Prisoners, Nightcrawler, and Hell or High Water, but it's been a while, so they need a rewatch. If I remember correctly, the only one with a real chance to make my list is Nightcrawler.

I tried watching The Florida Project when it aired on one of the cable movie channels, but it didn't hold my interest. But I've heard great things about it, so I'll probably give it another chance.

I've also heard great things about The Peanut Butter Falcon and Drive, so I added both of these to my watchlist too.

I've always been a fan of the Muppets TV show, and their older movies, so I'm looking forward to watching The Muppets.

Begin Again and Sing Street have been on my watchlist, so I'll bump them closer to the top of my list.

As I said earlier, La La Land and A Star is Born are already at the top of my watchlist.

I've heard that Enemy is a great movie, but I've also been told that there are spiders in the movie, and I should "never see it". I might have to pass on this one, but I'll try to read about it a bit before making a final decision.

I thought that Only Lovers Left Alive was a horror movie with vampires, so I never considered watching it. I might have to read about this movie too before making a decision.

I haven't heard of the rest of the movies on your list, or I've heard the titles, but I don't know much about the movies themselves, so I'll look into them.

No worry about any of the content in these. Your thoughts in this thread please!

Warrior (2011)
Quo Vado (2016)
Capernaum (2018)
Knives Out (2019)
The Art of Racing in the Rain (2019)
Contratiempo (2016)
Brigsby Bear (2017)
American Hustle (2013)
A Seperation (2011)
Boyhood (2014)
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)
The Way Way Back (2013)
Flight (2012)
Stronger (2017)
A Star is Born (2018)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
Shoplifters (2018)
Rango (2011)
Wolf Children (2012)
Crazy Stupid Love (2011)
Philomena (2013)
Never Let Me Go (2010)
Intouchables (2011)
Sing Street (2016)
Argo (2012)
Spotlight (2015)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Bridge of Spies (2015)
Her (2013)
Lion (2016)
La La Land (2016)
The Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
Wadjda (2012)
Brooklyn (2015)
Blue Jasmine (2013)
Conviction (2010)
Arbitrage (2012)
We Bought a Zoo (2011)
I, Daniel Blake (2016)

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll post my thoughts in this thread as I watch the movies.

These are the movies that I've seen.
The ones in green have a chance to make my list, and the ones in blue need a rewatch.

Warrior (2011) - I liked Warrior a lot more than I expected to, but it probably won't make my list.
Knives Out (2019)
Contratiempo (2016) - This is one of only a few foreign language movies that is a possibility for my list.
Brigsby Bear (2017) - This is another movie that I liked a lot, but it probably won't make my list.
A Seperation (2011)
Boyhood (2014)
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)
The Way Way Back (2013) - This needs a rewatch, but I remember loving it when I saw it.
Flight (2012)
How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
Shoplifters (2018)
Rango (2011)
Wolf Children (2012)
Never Let Me Go (2010)
Argo (2012)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Bridge of Spies (2015)
Her (2013)
Wadjda (2012)
Brooklyn (2015)
Arbitrage (2012)
We Bought a Zoo (2011)

These are the movies on your list that I've heard of, but I haven't seen yet.

American Hustle and The Dallas Buyers Club are probably not my type of movie, but I might give them a chance anyway.

As I said earlier, A Star is Born and La La Land are at the top of my watchlist.

I remember hearing about Stronger, and I think I might like this movie. I added it to my watchlist.

I'm not a big fan of the original Planet of the Apes movies, so I'm not sure if I'll like Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but Hubby likes the original movie series, so maybe I'll watch these with him.

I liked the first How to Train Your Dragon movie, but it's been a while since I've seen it, so I'll probably watch How to Train Your Dragon 2 when I rewatch the first movie.

I have Crazy Stupid Love on DVD, and it sounds like my kind of movie, so I bumped this up higher on my watchlist.

I've heard good things about Philomena, Intouchables, and I, Daniel Blake, so I'll try to watch all three of these movies too.

Sing Street has been on my watchlist for a while, so I bumped it up higher on my list.

I have Spotlight on DVD, and it's already on my watchlist.

I've only seen a few Woody Allen movies, but I like the ones that I've seen, so I'll try to watch Blue Jasmine too.

I haven't heard of the rest of the movies on your list, but I'll look into them.

Gdgoodies: you can skip part one

Part one: A few titles not yet mentioned. Even if they were the only dart board in an Irish pub on St. Paddy’s day, these films won’t get enough points to crack the top 100. An asterisk is for a personal favorite.

Their Finest (2016)
Let the Sunshine in (2017)
Please Give (2010)
Made in Dagenham (2010)
Another Year (2010)
In a Better world (2010)
The Trip (2010)
A Touch of Sin * (2013)
Gloria (2013)
Tamara Drewe (2011)
The Lost City of Z (2016)
Lady J (2018) (Mademoiselle de Joncquières)
Rust and Bone * (2012)
Force Majeure (2014)
20th Century Women * (2016)
Certain Women (2016)
Angélique (2013)
Cosmopolis (2012)
Beast * (2017)
High Life (2018)
Dheepan (2015)
The Deep Blue Sea (2011)
Personal Shopper * (2016)
What Maisie knew (2013)
Loveless (2017)
Pain and Glory * (2019)
Exit through the Gift shop (2010)
Blue Valentine (2010)
Certified Copy * (2010)
Winter’s Bone * (2010)
13 Assassins (2010)
Poetry (2010)
The Art of Love (2010)
The Ghost Writer * (2010)
Meek’s Cutoff (2010)
Gainsbourg: a heroic life (2010)
Peepli Live (2010)
The Day I was not born (2010)
Chicken with plums (2011)
Tomboy (2011)
Melancholia (2011)
Win Win (2011)
A separation (2011)
Monsieur Lazhar (2011)
Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
Barbara (2012)
We are the Best! (2012)
Byzantium (2012)
Venus in Fur (2013)
Inside Llweyln Davis (2013)
August: Osage County (2013)
Gett: the trial of Viviane Amsalem (2014)
Love at first fight (2014)
Timbuktu (2014)
Gemma Bovery (2014)
La famille Bélier (2014) CODA (2021) was the American remake.
Finding Vivian Maier (2014)
Tracks (2014)
Anomalisa (2015)
Mustang (2015)
I am not your negro * (2016)
Lean on Pete (2017)
‘71 * (2017)
Disobedience (2017)
Game Night (2018)
Booksmart (2019)
Leviathon (2014)
Like Father, like Son (2014)

Part two: these will probably make the final list.

True Grit (2010)
The Social Network (2010)
The Skin I Live in (2011)
The Great Beauty (2013)
Ida (2014)
Moonlight (2016)
You were never really here (2017)
Dunkirk (2017)
The Nice Guys (2016)
Phoenix (2014)
The Handmaiden (2016)
The Lobster (2015)
12 years a slave (2013)
The Tree of Life (2011)
Scott Pilgrim vs the World (2010)
Moneyball (2011)
Inception (2010)
The Square (2017)

I've been told by other people that I would probably like Winter’s Bone, so I bumped it up higher on my watchlist.

I've seen The Ghost Writer, but it's been a while, so it needs a rewatch. I have it on DVD, so I'll try to rewatch it.

I've seen Exit through the Gift Shop, A separation, Beasts of the Southern Wild, and 12 Years A Slave in HoFs or Movie Tournaments on MoFo, and I liked all of them, but they're not likely to make my list.

I've seen August: Osage County, Game Night, Moneyball, and Inception, and I liked all of them enough to consider them for my list, especially Game Night and Moneyball.

I watched La famille Bélier for the Foreign Language Countdown, and I liked it, but it probably won't make my list. (But surprisingly, I still haven't seen CODA.)

I watched True Grit for the Westerns Countdown, but it won't make my list.

I've seen The Social Network, but it's been a while, so it needs a rewatch. I remember liking it, so it could possibly make my list after rewatching it.

I've seen Moonlight and The Lobster, but I didn't care for either of these movies.

I watched The Nice Guys for the Comedy Countdown, and it's a fun movie, but it won't make my list.

I've heard good things about these movies, but I haven't seen them, so I'll try to watch them.
Meek’s Cutoff
Tomboy
Melancholia
Inside Llweyln Davis
Anomalisa
Ida
Dunkirk
The Tree of Life
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
The Square

I haven't heard of the rest of the movies on your list, but I'll look into them.

Ok, some recommendations...

Romance and romcoms
  • The Lunchbox (2013)
  • Before Midnight (2013)
  • Enough Said (2013)
  • La La Land (2016) - also fits the musical category
  • The Big Sick (2017)

Comedy
  • The Nice Guys (2016) - I don't remember this being "raunchy", but my memory might fail me
  • Hail, Caesar! (2016)
  • Knives Out (2019)

Dramas
  • Take Shelter (2011)
  • Ida (2013) - I've seen a few people recommending Cold War, which is great, but a bit depressing. This one, also from Pawlikowski, I think is a bit more hopeful. Regardless, I prefer it to CW also.
  • Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) - I think it leans more towards drama, but it has the typical Coen humor tone.
  • Short Term 12 (2013)
  • Boyhood (2014)
  • Phoenix (2014)
  • Two Faces of January (2014)
  • Whiplash (2014)
  • Moonlight (2016)
  • Wajib (2017)
  • Thunder Road (2018)
  • Eighth Grade (2018)
  • Roma (2018)
  • Dark Waters (2019)

Thrillers, Mystery, and Suspense
  • The Ghost Writer (2010)
  • Buried (2010) - not for claustrophobics
  • Sound of My Voice (2011)
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)
  • Arbitrage (2012)
  • Kill the Messenger (2014) - maybe depressing, but it's based in real life
  • The Invitation (2015)
  • Anthropoid (2016)
  • Hell or High Water (2016)
  • Bad Day for the Cut (2017)
  • Luce (2019)
  • Parasite (2019)

Sci-fi
  • Source Code (2011)
  • Another Earth (2011)
  • Super 8 (2011)
  • Coherence (2013)
  • Arrival (2016)
  • Aniara (2018)

I didn't really check the length of any of those, so you'll have to see if they reach your runtime threshold.

I tried to steer away from most of what I deem to be depressing, rough, violent, etc. but our mileage may vary, so something might have slipped by.

I also might not remember how many of these are too graphic about sex, so apologies for that.

I've seen Before Midnight, and I like it, but it's my least favorite of the trilogy, so it probably won't make my list.

I've seen Enough Said, and I liked it enough that it's a possibility to make my list.

Again, La La Land is at the top of my watchlist.

I haven't seen The Big Sick, but I've heard good things about it, and I have it on DVD, so I added it to my watchlist.

I watched The Nice Guys for the Comedy Countdown, and I enjoyed it, but it won't make my list.

I've seen Knives Out, Take Shelter, Whiplash, Source Code, Another Earth, Super 8, and Arrival, and they're all being considered for my list, especially Take Shelter, Whiplash, and Source Code.

I haven't seen Hail, Caesar! and Inside Llewyn Davis, so I might give these a try, but I'm not generally a fan of the Coen's humor, so they aren't likely to make my list.

I've seen Boyhood, Moonlight, Thunder Road, Hell or High Water, and Parasite, but they're not likely to make my list. However Boyhood needs a rewatch because it's been a while since I watched it.

I've also seen The Ghost Writer and Arbitrage, but they also need rewatches because it's been a while since I've seen them.

I haven't seen Ida or Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, but I've heard good things about them, so I'll try to watch both of these movies.

You mentioned that Buried is not for claustrophobics, so I'll probably stay away from this movie.