American Idol...you know you are watching!

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
And to add to Annie's debate, I'm only 21, grew up listening to anything but country, and as an adult I am totally in love with Blue grass & Folk music well, among other things of course.

I admit I missed a few episodes so I can't really discuss this as much as I would like to, but yeah Gummo I do think that what the judges have to say really puts things into perspective. A lot of the times I agree with Simon, (and I used to think he was just a jerk!) but I think the good thing about the judges is they are able to say what you knew somewhere in your head and maybe couldn't place your own finger on it...not to say I always agree with them. Sometimes I'll think someone did really horribly only to hear the judges praise them, and vice versa.

Originally Posted by nyabzns
In my mind it seems that a lot of older people like country music, over rock n roll.
I think taste in music may be more a reflection of politics than age. I was a young liberal in the 60s and 70s who liked rock. Now I'm an old liberal who still likes rock but my tastes have expanded to include many other genres. Conservatives tend to favor country, whether they're young or old. Of course there are always exceptions.

My favorites right now are Chris, Elliot, Katherine and Lisa. But this is a good field, the best AI has had.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I hated Constanine though...and is wasn't because of the Rock n' Roll songs.

I hated Constantine too! He was so conceited and pompous! He's even worse now. I saw him on something the other day, promoting his new album...oh my god was he ever self-riteous! I would be embarassed to be him.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i liked constantine until he started wiggling his greek eyebrows at the camera and grinning with this big teeth. he still does it, via people magazine. sad.

ALRIGHT! hot off the presses! i finally watched the boys and ...

CHRIS DAUGHTRY

oh lord. lord. he started singing with his hand stroking his bicep and his eyes all soulful and ... my mouth fell open. literally just fell right open. stayed there, the whole way through. why does the big hot b@stard have to be married? WHY?

there were moments where he strained and went a little off but they were so slight, and this is truly his genre. i have a prediction.

forget ace young. his sensitive warbling won't stand up to chris' package. america has been hankering for a rocker, but all the ones before sucked. this one is the real, raw, sizzling, unghlkjals;dfjlsajfslkdf wipe the sweat from my quivering brow, deal. lord. lord. ohhhhhh.

ELLIOTT YAMIN.

this boy. when i close my eyes i'm like, in love. but he wears the same stuff, sings the same way (on the mic stand, aiming his chin up). he's a virtuoso with the notes but it's like, he's good to make an album, collaborate, write - but he just can't be a star on his own. doesn't have it. yes, he got more confident this time around, but the confidence is "everyman" confidence, not "star" confidence - like chris.

dude, WILL MAKAR looks exactly like fred savage. he's cute. won't last.

TAYLOR HICKS ... man. did you SEE HIM WINK? he's so adorable. all i wanna do is lock myself up in a southern bed and breakfast and make the rafters shake, then send him packing. he just won't last, and he doesn't need american idol anyway. shoo, taylor, go on and make some albums, hurry up we need some new blues anyway.
WOO! I'll take that.

DAVID RADFORD - he's bye-bye, but, he looks exactly like my first and only love, unrequited. little brat. good riddance! eheheh. i'm joking, btw.

Originally Posted by thmilin
i liked constantine until he started wiggling his greek eyebrows at the camera and grinning with this big teeth. he still does it, via people magazine. sad.

CHRIS DAUGHTRY

oh lord. lord. he started singing with his hand stroking his bicep and his eyes all soulful and ... my mouth fell open. literally just fell right open. stayed there, the whole way through. why does the big hot b@stard have to be married? WHY?

there were moments where he strained and went a little off but they were so slight, and this is truly his genre. i have a prediction.

forget ace young. his sensitive warbling won't stand up to chris' package. america has been hankering for a rocker, but all the ones before sucked. this one is the real, raw, sizzling, unghlkjals;dfjlsajfslkdf wipe the sweat from my quivering brow, deal. lord. lord. ohhhhhh.

ELLIOTT YAMIN.

this boy. when i close my eyes i'm like, in love. but he wears the same stuff, sings the same way (on the mic stand, aiming his chin up). he's a virtuoso with the notes but it's like, he's good to make an album, collaborate, write - but he just can't be a star on his own. doesn't have it. yes, he got more confident this time around, but the confidence is "everyman" confidence, not "star" confidence - like chris.

dude, WILL MAKAR looks exactly like fred savage. he's cute. won't last.

TAYLOR HICKS ... man. did you SEE HIM WINK? he's so adorable. all i wanna do is lock myself up in a southern bed and breakfast and make the rafters shake, then send him packing. he just won't last, and he doesn't need american idol anyway. shoo, taylor, go on and make some albums, hurry up we need some new blues anyway.
WOO! I'll take that.

DAVID RADFORD - he's bye-bye, but, he looks exactly like my first and only love, unrequited. little brat. good riddance! eheheh. i'm joking, btw.

I like what you said about Taylor. Isn't he sexy? Woo! I'll take that any day! lol

Put me in your pocket...

CHRIS DAUGHTRY

Oh dear lord you made me smile with this. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose was affected by him. My jaw didn't drop...but my eyes certainly popped and...and...I felt ike a dirty old woman.

For me, Ace is like a bubble gum version of Constantine. I had to get up and re-fil my wine glass when I saw him making eyes at the camera. I can't stand that trying to be sexy look. Chris didn't need to mug for it...he oozes it without any effort.

WOO! I'll take that.
You're on a roll.

I missed Taylor's wink and performance. I was late getting home that night.

Oh dear lord you made me smile with this. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose was affected by him. My jaw didn't drop...but my eyes certainly popped and...and...I felt ike a dirty old woman.
but it's ok!! see, he was touching himself. that invites us to want to touch him. he SO knows what he's doing. i am so jealous of his wife it's not funny. argh.

For me, Ace is like a bubble gum version of Constantine. I had to get up and re-fil my wine glass when I saw him making eyes at the camera. I can't stand that trying to be sexy look. Chris didn't need to mug for it...he oozes it without any effort.
toootally! i had to fast forward my DVR! the first time it was underplayed and funny. i think this time around he knew he was sucking so he was trying to kiss voters' booties and try to survive another around. it was icky, he was trying so hard.

You're on a roll.
i thank you. *bows*

I missed Taylor's wink and performance. I was late getting home that night.
so sad. he's so gawky and soft skinned and earnest and goofy. just wanna snap him up and nibble on him for a few hours. *sigh*

i like that we have a similar taste in men. woo! i'll take that, again. eheheh.

I missed the women's performance last night...I can't wait to see Taylor and Chris tonight. I make my boyfriend jealous always talking about Taylor. I want him to dye his hair grey. lol...it has a little grey in it but I want it grey like Taylor's. He's so sexy! (in case you haven't heard me say it enough)

bam! i'm back ...

BOYS ...

CHRIS was fabu again; I agree with simon, his song was boring. i saw him doing the sensitive thing though. but he's been making serious song choices and needs to get upbeat with the rock. and i cannot tell a lie: my mouth fell open again, and salivated. it was literally like i was ravenously hungry and he looked like a steak. madness.

TAYLOR ... WOO! yeah. awesome. can't say more than that.

ELLIOT ... sigh. i agree with simon on this. if he sings a rock song, he needs to turn it into rock and blues, not R&B. he sang it like r&b and thus made it sound boring and like elevator muzak. he also squinches his eyes up when he gets into it or has to push it with the notes. not cool.

ACE ... is now out of the competition. singing everything in falsetto just ain't gonna cut it. and i'm sorry, he's sung like, 2 male girly songs. we want a MAN song. you know, some depth and some masculinity. he looks like he has it until he sings. come on. even george michael can pull manly husky voice when he needs to. this boy ... agh. he's just all pretty without much vocal substance. he bye-bye.

GIRLS ...

KATHARINE brought that mess back. YAY! little jitterbug is awesome.

PARIS ... is falling behind. unlike katharine, she can't dance while singing. thus, STOP DANCING. your notes drop off and you lose your breath - so quit it! but otherwise, grea tperformance.

MANDISA ... knocked that ball all out the ballpark. I still prefer her when she sings lower register, because when she gets high she gets sharp. when i hear chaka hit those notes, it's like, eargasm. when Mandisa hits those notes, my eyes squint, even though she's technically hitting it.

LISA ... stepped it up. she developed a LITTLE personality. I could tell she was singing a song she loved and cared about. Sadly, a song from "CAMP" is not really going to be recognized and before she let herself go, it was still kinda boring/safe/conservative, whatever. She needs to take risks. She reminds me of Vanessa Williams, whom I adore, but who often produces songs that are easily forgotten because they have no real oomph. And Lisa doesn't have Miss America looks to help her through.

And then there were 11...what is it going to take for "America" to vote this Kevin kid off the show??

Originally Posted by speedbump
And then there were 11...what is it going to take for "America" to vote this Kevin kid off the show??
Im wondering if people dont want to be "mean" . Hey, they put themselves at the mercy of public opinion, if they suck vote em off.

www.panicattic.com - Check out the Q&A from Ethan Dettenmaier , director of Sin-Jin Smyth

Yeah Kevin isn't very good.

I have had a slight change in favourites. I've gone off Lisa and now quite like Mandisa. I sill like Chris and Taylor. Kellie is my dark-horse.

I still like Chris best of all of them..

I still wish they would split the American idol shows, and do one for country, one for rock, one for pop, one for music to sleep by , etc...

I am all for Taylor, then Chris, then Madissa.

I thought Kellie should have been voted off this week, or else Kevin.

BOYS ...

CHRIS ... I like that he turned Steve out, made him rock. totally awesome.

TAYLOR ... mmm. wuv me some him.

ELLIOT ... booring. He just keeps on being booooring. So sad, cuz he's superb.

ACE ... ugh. he needs to stop and go away. i don't get how the judges be lovin on him.

GIRLS ...

KATHARINE ... sigh. I feel if she just got that "smooth" adult Diana Krall groove back she had in her first performance, she could really win. But sometimes she gets a little too gawky trying to kiss up to the camera and she becomes too self aware. You need to love the crowd, play it, not be self conscious about how they're buying you or not. But I still think she's a front runner. Simon said she reminded him of Kelly Clarkson. I honestly thing her singing talent is way better than KC.

PARIS ... steps it up again! giving mandisa and katherine a run for their money. she was falling back but having found her groove of song, style, and balancing the singing with the dancing, she, as Randy says, "worked it out."

MANDISA ... again, she gets super "crack glass" sharp but she was super enjoyable. tore it up ... tore it UP.

LISA ... stepped it up again. developed more personality, which simon noted (at the end she worked with the band). but, my friends, she just doesn't have the gumption. she's too sweet. she needs to live some hard knocks. basically she's been a princess since she was 3 and all her earnestness won't change that. you see britney and christina aguilera? they had the same princess upbringing, only christina had some hard knocks, and britney just had edge. Lisa has no edge ... thus, she shan't win.

I remember that there was a site last year which tried to get people to vote for the worst person each week to screw with the system...wouldn't be surprised if they've gotten behind Kevin! I saw an interview with Simon where he predicted that the final 3 will be Kelly Pickler, Chris, and Taylor Hicks. Seems pretty likely I think, though I hope he's wrong and Mandisa's in the mix.

Put me in your pocket...
i like that we have a similar taste in men. woo! i'll take that, again. eheheh.

I think Mandisa ruled the night last night. She was awesome! And...Chris...was/is...amazing.~~ Someone needs to fire whoever dressed Taylor last night though.

My picks to get voted off tonight...Bucky, Ace or Chicken Little.

My picks for top final three of this season...Chris, Taylor and Mandissa.

Speedbump...there was an article in the USA Today about that subject yesterday. There is a website.. http://www.votefortheworst.com/ that took some credit for keeping Scott Savoy on for so long last year. Which I think is and was a shame. It just proves that if you have a favorite...vote, vote vote!

I predict Chris, Taylor, Katharine and Mandisa as final four.

Kellie and Paris could make it but IMO, they have obstacles. I don't know how much longer Kellie's Dolly/Jessica/Chrissy Snow act will be tolerated and Paris' ego/personality just doesn't agree with some people.

Elliot, like Lisa, won't make it because of the Dull factor. Too bad, both are talented.