Sahara?

Tools    

I think I want to see this. I am a sucker for Indiana Jones' types of movies. The cast is pretty impressive too. Seems like the first good flick of the increasingly busy summer movie season.

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

Being a big Cussler fan I too am anxiously awaiting this movie!! Itz too bad what they did with Raise The Titanic, an older book movie...From the trailers I think this might be a good one....Oh..Aparently if this film does well, which I think it will, there are 2 more planned to come out after this one...Dunno what books they choose, I hope itz Inca Gold, my first and favorite novel.......

Originally Posted by pavo_roddy
Hi all,

Being a big Cussler fan I too am anxiously awaiting this movie!! Itz too bad what they did with Raise The Titanic, an older book movie...From the trailers I think this might be a good one....Oh..Aparently if this film does well, which I think it will, there are 2 more planned to come out after this one...Dunno what books they choose, I hope itz Inca Gold, my first and favorite novel.......
Yeah, it seems you were anticipating this one for a few months. I ran a search to see if this movie came up and it looks like you started this thread awhile ago.

Personally, i'm hoping it will be a fun movie to watch.

I have not read the books. Do you think I should before I see this?

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

Just from all the trailers, tv spots n such I think the movie will parralel (sp) the book fairly well actually...Its up to you if you want to read it, just remember no movie will ever beat the book.....NONE

The reviews that are coming out all seem pretty positive and say the movie is faithful to the books:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19774

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Aaaand i've just got back from the advance preview.

Pretty good film if you like 'Indy Jones' type films, plenty of action to keep you happy but it does get a bit 'touchy feely' in places. Havn't read the books so i can't tell you if there is any or no similarity but i liked it. But saying that i like most films have stuff blowing up in. And shooting.

My biggest complaint is the casting of Steve Zahn as Giordino... Simply a terrible decision, though I imagine they'll change the character around to fit Zahn's personality.

As for this one... I'm looking forward to it and think it will be a fun mindless popcorn flick, but don't hold out too much hope for it being true to the books... even if the storyline is the casting is just not very strong.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

I agree about steve zahn he was a terrible choice, though didn't do too bad a job as an actor himself! The movie ran pretty true to the book, some parts changed but mostly true to the book, still the one thing I didn't like was the sillyness factor, the book has a more adult themed presence (sp) while the movie was "silly".....A good first for hopefully many to come cussler movies.......

edit: Actually one thing to note, if you've seen " Raise the Titanic" another cussler written book made into a movie.... Then you know how terrible the job they did to it...Seriously, DON'T watch it!! Well since the botched job on that movie, Cussler wanted a very true to the book movie, he wouldn't allow a script to be oked without his approval....He actually had the last say in the script!!

Sahara is sort of fun movie. The real downer Penelope Cruz. She is just so painfully unattractive it is a relief when she is not in a scene. She brings no spark to any scene, and put out a walk-through lifeless performance.

The big ending was totally odd; what are 100 horses, who need 2 gallons of water per hour and 30 lbs of grass every 6 hours doing in the desert?????? I guess they just move faster than goats.

I agree totally!

Yes, I agree, her mouth looks in need of plastic surgery, and front teeth are protruding badly.

I saw this movie the othe day, and i just didn't like the many far-fetched scenes throughout the movie.

Like shooting off 10 thousand bullets and missing evertime. If you expect to watch the A-team on the big screen then you may like this one.