Rank the Scream Movies

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
Scream -

Scream 2 -

Scream 4 -

Scream 3 -

WARNING: "Scream 2 Major Spoiler" spoilers below
The franchise kind of died when Randy died for me.

There was supposed to be a Scream 5 and a Scream 6. It was going to be a whole new trilogy.

It was originally written so that at the end of Scream 4....

WARNING: "Scream 4" spoilers below
Jill lived. It ended with her in an ambulance learning that Sidney was still alive. It was a cliffhanger. Which makes me wonder if maybe Jill might have lived throughout all of 5 and the series went in a new direction.
I'm binge watching the series now and really enjoying it...I have three more episodes to watch in season 1.

1, 2, 4 and 3. The first one was epic!

The first was OK. Let the rabble have the rest.

Not unlike most here…. 1, 2, 4, 5, 3 I think would be my rating.

But I’ve been meaning to revisit the series for a while now, especially 2 and maybe 3. I know 1 by heart and I’ve seen 4 a couple of times. And 5 is new so still fresh.

But I remember really digging the second movie and only truly disliking the third one. But I’ve only seen the latter once and the second movie I haven’t seen in ages…

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
1. Scream 2

2. Scream

3. Scream 3

4. Scream 4
I agree with this order.

To everyone saying scream 5 you confused the duck out of me, thanks .

Oh yeah I remember now, Scream ...

The original was the best for it's time but probably the least one I'd want to watch again because I just kinda watched it so much as a kid

Scream 2 I thought was okay (some good kills, especially the opening cinema scene)

Now I'm a bit confused about Scream 3 and 4, I like one and not the other, I think I wasn't keen on scream 3 and liked 4

I could not finish Scream 2022 but I knew it would be bad because it was being called Scream, I knew it would be convuluted and overdone and to much in homage to scream and the same old characters who are having yet another adventure with ghost face.. Wasn't impressed by the killing that I seen either before I had to turn it off from boredom

After I saw the second one I bailed. The succesful novelty of what the first one did so well had worn off and it moved from feeling like a concept that was legitimately clever and well executed, to something that was clumsily trying to recreate that old magic.

I suspect I haven't missed anything terribly interesting in the rest of the series

Good/Very Good Tier:
Scream

Decent Tier:
Scream 2

It was OK Tier:
Scream 3

Bad Tier:
Scream 4

Haven't Seen Scream 5 yet.

I enjoyed all the Scream movies. I have the first 5 on blu ray. My ranking:

Scream
Scream 5