The MoFo DVD Hideout - DVD News, Releases and More!

Tools    

Originally Posted by jrs
As a Star Wars fan, I just can't see what else can be put out there.
You're in for a treat, then. Im currently trying to sell the idea of a Walken-Edition Trilogy. What happens is we digitally replace Harrison Ford's head with Christopher Walken's, then, dub all the lines with his voice and mannerisms. We'd make a killing...and im sure Georgie would go for it...

Originally Posted by Zeiken
You're in for a treat, then. Im currently trying to sell the idea of a Walken-Edition Trilogy. What happens is we digitally replace Harrison Ford's head with Christopher Walken's, then, dub all the lines with his voice and mannerisms. We'd make a killing...and im sure Georgie would go for it...
Actually you should do it that and hand it over to YouTube. It would probably be a good cult turnout.

Originally Posted by jrs
As a Star Wars fan, I just can't see what else can be put out there. Besides the Uber 6 pack.
Well, there's always those deleted scenes that everyone has claimed to have seen somewhere, but George swears up and down doesn't exist (like the old versions of the original trilogy that are suddenly popping up in their subpar 1993 laserdisc form...).

Oh that reminds me.

Since Fox hasn't gotten back to me yet, do you have any idea which version of Rocky Horror is going to be included in the set with Shock Treatment?

Originally Posted by Don Fishies
Well, there's always those deleted scenes that everyone has claimed to have seen somewhere, but George swears up and down doesn't exist (like the old versions of the original trilogy that are suddenly popping up in their subpar 1993 laserdisc form...).

Oh that reminds me.

Since Fox hasn't gotten back to me yet, do you have any idea which version of Rocky Horror is going to be included in the set with Shock Treatment?

I wish I have. I will let you know when I find out....unless you do before me.

My Name is Earl: The Complete First Season - Update!!!!

Earlier I reported that the first season of My Name is Earl was to hit shelves September 5th. Well Fox has informed me that the set has been pushed back three weeks to September 26th. Also, I have completely updated the list of features you will find within this new set. Thanks again to Fox. Cover art should be available shortly.

DVD Details:
  • 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1; 2.0 Surround Sound
  • Commentary on Pilot by Series Creator Greg Garcia, Executive Producer/Director Marc Buckland, Producer/Actor Jason Lee, and Actor Ethan Suplee
  • Commentary on Teacher Earl by Greg Garcia, Jason Lee, Giovanni Ribisi, and Ethan Suplee
  • Commentary on Joy's Wedding by Greg Garcia, Marc Buckland, Jason Lee, and Eddie Steeples
  • Commentary on O'Karma, Where Art Thou? by Greg Garcia, Jason Lee, Jon Favreau, and Ethan Suplee
  • Commentary on Dad's Car by the Moms of Grag Garcia (Natalie Garcia), Marc Buckland (Mary Buckland), Jason Lee (Carol Lee), and Ethan Suplee (Debbie Suplee)
  • Commentary on Bounty Hunter by Greg Garcia, Marc Buckland, Jaime Pressley and Juliette Lewis
  • Commentary on Number One by Greg Garcia, Marc Buckland, Jason Lee, and Ethan Suplee
  • Commentary on Bad Karma by Greg Garcia, Marc Buckland, Jason Lee, and Ethan Suplee
  • Deleted Scenes from Pilot, Joy's Fancy Figurine, Monkeys in Space, O Karma, Where Art Thou and Stole a Badge
  • Bad Karma - the newly-made, exclusive-to-the-DVD Family Guy-crossover episode previously reported, in which Earl's life is influenced by Stewie instead of Carson Daly after that accident.
  • Karma Is A Funny Thing Blooper Reel
  • Making Things Right: Behind The Scenes of 'My Name Is Earl'
  • Mobizzo.com Promo
  • Soundtrack Promo

Originally Posted by jrs
I wish I have. I will let you know when I find out....unless you do before me.
Hehehe.

Oh, Lost: Season 2 got moved up to September 5, incase any one is interested.

Oh that reminds me......do you have any idea which version of Rocky Horror is going to be included in the set with Shock Treatment?

It will come with the 2-Disc 25th Anniversary Ediversary Edition (see cover art below) which was originally released on October 3, 2000.

Excellent. Very excellent.

I had been wanting to get that (instead of the **** 1-discer), but all the eBay copies were all previously viewed.

I don't mind having to get Shock Treatment in order to get it either....

Silent Hill on DVD August 22nd

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing director Christopher Gans' video game based horror film Silent Hill, which stars Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean onto DVD. It will arrive in both a 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen editions, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio tracks. As of now, it will only be available in its theatrical rated version. The disc hits store shelves August 22nd. UMD and Blu-Ray versions will also be available on the same date.

DVD Details:
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen Editions
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1
  • 6 Part Silent Hill Production Diary:
    "Silent Hill Origins"
    "Casting Silent Hill"
    "Building Silent Hill"
    "Stars and Stunts"
    "Constructing the Creepy Creatures"
    "Creature Choreography"

Thanks to Davis DVD for the art work.

As we told you, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment plans on releasing the recent comedy RV, starring Robin Williams, on August 15, 2006. But now we have the early specs.

The film will come in Widescreen or Full Screen editions, and will retail at $28.95. It will include:

Audio Commentary by Director Barry Sonnenfeld (with Telestrator Feature)
"RV Nation: The Culture of Road Warriors" Featurette
"Robin Williams: A Family Affair" Featurette
"Jojo: The Pop Princess" Featurette
"Barry Sonnenfeld: The Kosher Cowboy" Featurette
"The Scoop on Poop" Featurette
Alternate Scene
Gag Reel
Previews

From http://www.dvdfanatic.com

Dunno if jrs posted this or not, but New Line is prepping an "Infinifilm" version of A Nightmare on Elm Street for September 26, 2006...

New Line Home Entertainment will be re-releasing A Nightmare on Elm Street again, yet this time in a Infinifilm edition. It'll arrive in 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen , along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS ES 6.1 audio tracks. Early details are below including cover art. The disc will be available to own when it hits store shelves September 26th.
Elm Street

[u]DVD Details[u]
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX; English DTS ES 6.1
  • Commentary with Director Wes Craven and Star Robert Englund
  • Documentaries on the Franchise’s Origins and Its Legacy
  • Trivia Challenge
  • Making-of featurette

I'll let you know when further news arrives.

"Inside Man"
Release Date: August 8, 2006

DVD Details
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Audio Commentary with Director Spike Lee
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Making of Inside Man featurette
  • Number 4 featurette

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside man.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	5643  

Originally Posted by jrs
Number 4 featurette
What does the number 4 featurette involve?

Originally Posted by Escape
What does the number 4 featurette involve?

To be honest I do not know.... it hasn't really been revealed. Paramount hasn't given me any thorough info on that, nor have I seen the back of the case.

I haven't seen the movie, but I assume it may be something to do with Spike Lee, or something related to the "number 4" in the film..

EDIT: I take it back. I'm going to say it probably is a feature on Denzel Washington and Spike Lee's relationship, as this appears to be their fourth movie together (others being Malcolm X, He Got Game, and Mo' Better Blues).

I take it back. I'm going to say it probably is a feature on Denzel Washington and Spike Lee's relationship, as this appears to be their fourth movie together (others being Malcolm X, He Got Game, and Mo' Better Blues).
Sounds right to me. Though I'm interested myself about that extra on the disc. I'm kinda contact Universal directly and see if they can answer that. (I doubt it though )

I dunno, it seems like a plausible idea, at least, from my standpoint having not seen the film.

Plus, Universal just finished releasing a Spike Lee DVD set, so it would make sense to have a continued feature on the man and one of his fave actors...

....Universal just finished releasing a Spike Lee DVD set, so it would make sense to have a continued feature on the man and one of his fave actors...
True.

From just checking Universal's press site, it was released March 7th with Clockers, Crooklyn, Do the Right Thing, Jungle Fever and Mo' Better Blues.