Bacteria In Drinks And Food - BBC News

Tools    

Breaking news released from the BBC.

Fizzy drinks, sold at Cineworld, Odeon and Vue across the UK contain massive levels of bacteria.
30 separate samples were tested from across the UK... and they ALL contained at least 10,000 times the amount of bacteria that the Food Standards Agency's guidelines recommend.

In some cases, they found Listeria, an extremely rare bacteria which has a worrying 20% fatality rate in humans and is a cause of meningitis and sepsis (blood poisoning)!!!

Fricking meningitis from cinema drinks!

Other branches' drinks were also found to contain massive levels of salmonella.

I guess it's hard to keep a place clean when you pay your staff with popcorn an occasional half price tickets at the end of a movie's cinematic run.

So, the lesson... take your own food and drinks... and don't run the risk of meningitis by spending £15 on a small Pepsi.

Ugh, nasty.

Big news in America (elsewhere too?) is that hand dryers in toilets spread an amazing number of fecal germs. Who knew? I never have the patience to use those things & I definitely won’t start now.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Breaking news released from the BBC.

Fizzy drinks, sold at Cineworld, Odeon and Vue across the UK contain massive levels of bacteria.
30 separate samples were tested from across the UK... and they ALL contained at least 10,000 times the amount of bacteria that the Food Standards Agency's guidelines recommend.

In some cases, they found Listeria, an extremely rare bacteria which has a worrying 20% fatality rate in humans and is a cause of meningitis and sepsis (blood poisoning)!!!

Fricking meningitis from cinema drinks!

Other branches' drinks were also found to contain massive levels of salmonella.

I guess it's hard to keep a place clean when you pay your staff with popcorn an occasional half price tickets at the end of a movie's cinematic run.

So, the lesson... take your own food and drinks... and don't run the risk of meningitis by spending £15 on a small Pepsi.
Hey Ratteh. My mate from over the ditch.Do you think cave men realised that when they went to the cave cinema down on the corner block? I wonder wat percentage died from lysteria, hysteria or even manflu, by picking their nose and rubbing it on their collar...

do you think they also had that liquid that washes your hands without the need for water?

and blow dryers?

OMG I avoid the cinema at all costs.Way too expensive these days. I sufgest an embargo. toot sweet

Dont touch those sweets. You have abxolutly no idea what filthy hands have been there.

Most interesting man in the world
Ugh, nasty.

Big news in America (elsewhere too?) is that hand dryers in toilets spread an amazing number of fecal germs. Who knew? I never have the patience to use those things & I definitely won’t start now.
Dr. Ozz ?

Wouldn't a hair dryer do the same?

The hand dryer thing is more down to the fact that the air in a toilet has microscopic faecal matter floating around, and the dryer basically sucks it all up, concentrates it, and fires it all over your freshly washed hands.

Ugh, nasty.

Dr. Ozz ?

Wouldn't a hair dryer do the same?
Dry your hands on your jeans I guess. God knows what would be harboring on those.

The hand dryer thing is more down to the fact that the air in a toilet has microscopic faecal matter floating around, and the dryer basically sucks it all up, concentrates it, and fires it all over your freshly washed hands.
And the air around you. Worrisome since nobody knew this until this year.

And the air around you. Worrisome since nobody knew this until this year.
Whe did that happen?

I recall being aware of it since Alice in wonderland was a baby. Your bathroom is full of fecal matter which is why it's important to close the lid before flushing. Nobody kbew about it? Where do you get your news from?