Who Here Makes Some Music?

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
NOTE: I haven't seen a thread like this after searching for a while under "instruments" but if there is a thread like this, feel free to move it there and I apologize.

Anyway, I was wondering who here plays an instrument of any sort. As for myself, I can play the Ukulele and drums fairly well, and I actually just bought a keyboard from my friend for like $50. I also like playing with my jaw harp, which is a very cheap and interesting instrument to fool around with.

So, how about you guys?

In Ancient Sexy Celebrity History, I played a violin for four years.

I played drums for 2 years. It's something I've been wanting to get back into for a while, but short of gathering a bunch of pots and pans, it's pretty expensive hobby that I can't afford right now.

In Ancient Sexy Celebrity History, I played a violin for four years.
I've always wanted to play a violin but they are extremely expensive.

I played drums for 2 years. It's something I've been want to get back into for a while, but short of gathering a bunch of pots and pans, it's pretty expensive hobby that I can't afford right now.

Yeah luckily my father grew up drumming and has had two drum sets since I've been alive pretty much. I stopped because it was affecting my hearing at a young age, but I still pick it up every once in a blue moon.

I've always wanted to play a violin but they are extremely expensive.
If I could change history, I wouldn't have played the violin, I would have played something else (in school). My family had a violin so I played it for a music class.

I hated having to carry that damn violin case... although, if I had been into gangster movies at the time, I could have just pretended I was carrying guns, I guess. But sadly, I wasn't and that never crossed my mind.

If I could change history, I wouldn't have played the violin,
Why not? I consider the violin a very beautiful instrument to play. Is it hard to learn?

Why not? I consider the violin a very beautiful instrument to play. Is it hard to learn?
I don't think it is... I always felt like I wasn't great with it, but I was seated first chair. It has been forever since I played it -- although I've got information on how to play it in my head, it's all garbled and rusty now. I'd need to relearn.

I don't regret my time in that orchestra class learning the violin -- although the year I had that class everyday, followed by gym class, about put me in a psych ward. But I would have liked to have played something else, something in the band class. Something louder and more aggressive. I probably would have enjoyed being in the marching band, perhaps. Instead, I hear the sound of strings coming from that direction of my past. It's dignified, I guess, but it's also quaint.

Guitar, piano, bass, vocals (singing/screaming), autoharp

Learning, and I use that word very lightly since I'm hardly keeping up on it, ocarina, pan flute, and drums.

Apropos violin, I rented one for a month and it was hard for me because I've never used a bow before so that is pretty difficult, and plus you need to learn new scales since the tuning is different. You also need to get your fingers used to the resin. I would like to buy one but a decent one is around $800. My girlfriend may help me learn flute for free so that sounds better.

But to answer the actual question of the thread, I do indeed.

Screaming vocals is so hard do you do highs or lows? My friend can do both, and its taken him almost a year to get decent at either. Ocarina's are fun to mess around with, as are flutes and such.

Both, but I try to work with everything in between, I'd hate to stick to just the two options honestly. Even if it is atonal, there's still a scale of sorts. Singing has become more of a challenge recently though.

Singing is probably one of the hardest things to do... Well sing good at least haha.

Nice, what kind of guitar? I have an old one from some off brand, Bently I think. I know a few chords, but I don't really like it too much. It's really big and I can't move my fingers around it well.