Lundy's Random Thought Of The Day

Tools    

Sorry, Man. I overlooked your first posting to this conversation. I see where you stand on this issue.

Maybe they don't want to hide from us all the time. It could be that they're gradually conditioning us for their reality.

Laws of physics on earth? What about the rest of the universe?

Sorry, Man. I overlooked your first posting to this conversation. I see where you stand on this issue.

Maybe they don't want to hide from us all the time. It could be that their gradually conditioning us for their reality.

Laws of physics on earth? What about the rest of the universe?
This is the only monkey in the wrench of my argument. I don't know enough about physics, much less theoretical physics, to make a point about it. But, given what we know about it, you have to admit it's quite a long distance to travel to sit idly by.

All I know is if they really are here, I'm going to be the first one to sign up to leave this planet when they share their technology with us. I've never really felt at ease in my own skin and I think a change of planet might just be the ticket for me! I doubt most of you will miss me.

This is the only monkey in the wrench of my argument. I don't know enough about physics, much less theoretical physics, to make a point about it. But, given what we know about it, you have to admit it's quite a long distance to travel to sit idly by.

All I know is if they really are here, I'm going to be the first one to sign up to leave this planet when they share their technology with us. I've never really felt at ease in my own skin and I think a change of planet might just be the ticket for me! I doubt most of you will miss me.
You and me both, Brick. And I sometimes feel like I am being tested to see how I deal with problems in life. I'd like to think they have a Utopian society, where ever they are. Reserve a spot on the Mothership for me.

that's what she said...
And me as well! Brick, you make a great point stating that if they know where we are and are so advanced, they should have already made contact. I'm agreeing with that more as I research and get more perspectives. I 100% believe in aliens but I no longer 100% believe aliens know of our where-abouts and ar "studying" us and waiting for the right time to make contact. I say no longer 100% but I don't mean 0% because there is a gut "intuition" (I guess thats the word i'm looking for) that tells me they do know of us and that -in a rare case- their UFOs have been spotted.

I'd to bring an idea out from a movie: Knowing. Not that I believe it will happen, but I found it interesting to contemplate. The aliens knew Earth was going to be destroyed by the massive solar flare in the direct path of Earth, so they "chose" a few dozen children and took them to a new planet as ours came to an end. Now i'm not an END OF THE WORLD, DOOMSDAY, 2012, APPOCOLYSP fenatic but of course those topics strike interest in me. What i'm about to say is just hypathitical...
Say the End of the world is coming soon. Maybe not this 2012 year but within this decade. The UFOs sightings reports may be phenominally escalating because perhaps aliens know there will be a celestrial occurance that will end life on Earth. The extraterrestrial may bedetermaining which species-plant/animal- shall be preserved. Not that they'd take every one of that species, but they could be determining the best choices of each species they will preserve as the rest and Earth parishes.

Like I said, its not my belief, but the idea of it occured to me. Inspired thought provoked by Knowing. And Mountain, I too share that feeling of being "tested". I have as long as I can remember.

Hmm..................interesting Lundy. What you say in the third paragraph is similar to a theory I hear every now and then.

Us earthlings in a fishbowl might be the aliens' science project and they check on us to see how we're doing? I still think it is more likely that we are being visited. But Brick and the other contributors really got me to re-evaluate this whole issue.

While the idea that we are experiments in a fish bowl is fascinating, I always liked the idea better that we are actually a simulation of some sort. I like the theory that we all exists as some giant computer program. Then instead of the question being "what happens to us when we die" it becomes "where does my code go when I die?"

I forget what the exact number was, but a few years back some scientist said there was a chance that we were just a computer simulation (20%, maybe?). This theory comes around all the time, but it still fascinates me. Maybe one day one of us will figure out how to change the reality around us, like Neo!

Yeah, I read about the computer simulation theory too. So in a sense, maybe we reboot when our lives end?

that's what she said...
That would be pretty awesome if that's what we really are. Matrix is awesome and if someone found out we really were a simulation and could figure ways to alter it, that'd be amazing. And about that simulation theory of posibly "rebooting" when our lives end... where exactally would that bring us? Would we essetially re-live our life over again? Like in the same centery, ect. and possibly make different choices and see different paths our life could have taken? Or is it like, you get rebooted into a "conception" and become a new born and live life in linear time? I just don't fully understand how it would work.

I think it would be neat if when you died, you could relive your life and make different choices that might have been 'regrets' in your past life. Although, when your rebooted you wouldnt remember your past life so how would you know about what choices you wanted to make differently... AHHH my mind can wander so much on these topics!

The implications are mind-blowing

that's what she said...
My new thought of the day; The media is SOOO focused on failed marriages of celebraties and they forget to give recognition to those who have succesful marriages. I think we should bring up a few because we should be proud of them for setting a good example for the younger generations.
It's sad because in the past, marriage was such a sacred thing that was suppost to be a promise between two people to stick it out together for life. These days, it almost feels like celebraties use marriage as a "trend" or "fling".
This is why I'd like to give a congrats to those celebraties who marry for the right reason and keep their promise of love for life.

The first I'd like to meantion is:

Tobey Maguire
-Began dating Jennifer Meyer 2003, engaged 2006, married 2007. Currently have 2 kids and are perfectly happy.

You can't really say they'll be together forever when they've only been married for 5 years. The only successful marriages are the ones where one (or both) of you die while still married.

that's what she said...
Well yes I suppose, but you have to admit that 5 years is still much longer than many other marriage fails in the celebrity world. OOH and Tobey is going to be in the new Great Gatsby!!! Can't wait!!
Back on subject--as I just got distracted--can you think of any celebs who have died with a sucessful marriage??

5 years is about 15-20 years in celebrity world. Of course, they're helped greatly by the fact that his wife isn't in the fame game.

As for the successful marriage, Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall. Bogie and Bacall. Liz Taylor and Mike Todd. They're the only ones that come to mind atm. I'm sure there's plenty of others.

Christopher Plummer has been married three times, but his current wife and he got married in 1970. That's pretty admirable.

Marriage is overrated...just don't tell my wife I said that!

that's what she said...
All three of you listed admirable celeb marriages. Thanks! I hope to see some of the current marriages of celebs last as long.

So what I was just thinking about was moments ago I looked at the time and it was 11:11 (of course I made a wish lol ). I watched that movies 11/11/11--Didn't find it to be worth a 2nd watch as I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would have based on the preview--and I noticed that I too see 11 many times. I do not believe there is a satanic connection with the number or anything mythological in any aspects with it, I just find it coincidental that it pops up so much. I wanted to know if anyone has that happen to them too? Even it it's not an 11, what number is it??

For me, 11:11 is a time on the clock I catch by chance probably about 3-4 times a week. I always try to make a wish even though I don't believe there is real luck connected in making wishes at that time. I've read some pretty interesting stuff on the 11:11 phenomena and I wanted to see if anyone actually believes in that stuff too?
(I wont think your weird if you believe in a spiritual doorway connection or what-not, I love hearing peoples views on this stuff)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11:11_(numerology)

So the main things I am asking are 1. Does 11:11 (or 11 in general) appear often in your daily life? 2. Is there a different number that appear often to you? 3. Do you believe there is any connection to the number 11 or do you think its just a coincedence?

All three of you listed admirable celeb marriages. Thanks! I hope to see some of the current marriages of celebs last as long.
Why?

So what I was just thinking about was moments ago I looked at the time and it was 11:11 (of course I made a wish lol ). I watched that movies 11/11/11--Didn't find it to be worth a 2nd watch as I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would have based on the preview--and I noticed that I too see 11 many times. I do not believe there is a satanic connection with the number or anything mythological in any aspects with it, I just find it coincidental that it pops up so much. I wanted to know if anyone has that happen to them too? Even it it's not an 11, what number is it??

For me, 11:11 is a time on the clock I catch by chance probably about 3-4 times a week. I always try to make a wish even though I don't believe there is real luck connected in making wishes at that time. I've read some pretty interesting stuff on the 11:11 phenomena and I wanted to see if anyone actually believes in that stuff too?
(I wont think your weird if you believe in a spiritual doorway connection or what-not, I love hearing peoples views on this stuff)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11:11_(numerology)

So the main things I am asking are 1. Does 11:11 (or 11 in general) appear often in your daily life? 2. Is there a different number that appear often to you? 3. Do you believe there is any connection to the number 11 or do you think its just a coincedence?
I was a courier for 5 years. I worked 8-5ish, Mon-Fri. We had to keep track of the time that we dropped off our items at their destination. I was amazed at the number of times I made my last drop of the day at 4:44 p.m. Then, on April 5th last year, my third son was born at 4:44 a.m.! Amazing!

No, it's not. It's not amazing at all. It's the number I noticed because I liked that it was all fours. Nothing mystical or even coincidental about it. It was there because that was the number I chose to notice. I didn't end my day at 4:44 during those five years any more than I did at 4:15, 4:55, 5:05, or 4:37. I just chose to notice 4:44 because I liked it.

11:11 is only there because you are looking for it. It can happen with any number. Try looking for something else. How about 4:44? Or just 44 in general? You'll see it all over the place because that's what you're looking for.

Here's another one, look for license plates with "HB0" on them (like the TV channel). I promise you'll see tons of them, but it's not because of some strange coincidence, it's because you're looking for them.

that's what she said...
Okay, I'll go over some reason why I admire those celeb marriages. To start Anna N. Smith & Marshell: She came from a devorced family, had many siblings, was a model for popular clothing items, was in playboy AND she was an actress. I'm not stating that those reasons are main causes for failed marriages, but when all thrown together, one should respect that individual for putting her family before her own self.

I'm not like a psychology expert< but I did take honors and AP courses on the subject and learned a bit about the statistics to some of the statements I made of Anna. Apparently people who grow up with divorced parents are more likely to have marriagable problems than people who grow up with families with sucesful marriages.

(I fully understand the kids brought up with divorced parents can have very successful marriages because I've experienced it first hand. Mine divorced when I was 7 and my sibling and I have basically had problem free relationships. My brothers happily married and has been with his wife 9years--And though I'm not yet married, I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and don't ever see us ending.)

Then the modeling thing and playboy... I just don't see those types of girls settling down and getting serious. I don't mean to sound sterio-typical or offend anyone...I'm just speaking on behalf of my personal experience of friends who got into modeling.

I have more to say but I have to stop typing because I have an extremely loud keyboard and am in a room with others trying to sleep now so I'll add to this in the A.M.

that's what she said...
Basically in addition to what I said last night--becuase I don't feel like ranting (as I usually do when I get into a topic, lol)--I just respect them because it's a good role model to the fans that look up to them. We (not all of us, but a large quantity of us) put celebraties on a pedistool. They start trends and many follow. The better example they set, I believe the better impression the younger generations will get.

Middle Schooler and High Schooler can be very impressionable. A lot of them try to follow trends and stuff so they don't feel like an outcase. When famous people are dropping dead left and right (yes, that is overexhadurated) because they are on drugs and what-not it makes the younger population feel like they can do it too. It's wack-o because you'd think that when there are these deaths due to the celebs making bad decsisions that people would think "hey, look what happened to this person because they OD." but NOOOO instead what's going through their mind is that this stuff is socially acceptable.

And yes I trolled a bit on that subject but it ties into what point I'm trying to make. If celebraties keep marrying and divorcing... they are showing the impressional generation that you can get married without really thinking about your future and stuff. In essence they are giving off an impression of 'hey, if you think your in love, just get married. who cares? if you end up fighting next week, just get a divorce.'

That's basically what I get out of them doing this stuff. Making a mockery out of Marriage which in the past used to be a very special thing between two individuals who promise to love and care for one another through better or worse.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now about the whole 11:11 ordeal.... you're right. If you're looking for a number, you're going to notice it. I tried it with the number 23 and I saw 23s everywhere too. It's just like a thing in your mind which is actually pretty cool. You can like tell yourself: NOTICE #38 or something, and **WHAM!!** you'll notice it all over the place, lol. Cool story about the 4:44.

that's what she said...
Okay guys so I just was watching "wonders of the universe-season 1, episode 2". I couldn't watch every second of it because I'm babysitting a 10month old right now. Anyways, they stated that eventually (in trillions and trillions of years) all the stars will burn out and ultimately this will end the universe as we know it. Obviously this doesn't effect us but I thought something different. For some reason I thought I learned in school that the sun and the orbiting planets were created by a distant star undergoing its end of its cycle where it bursts and shoots a bunch if different particles of atoms into space. Over time they form a center of gravity and form planets and new stars. So I guess what I was taught was the universe is never ending because when one star dies it creates new stars and planets. Maybe I'm remembering wrong?

If anyone has taken courses in the topic I would really like to know what is right. Last time I learned about this stuff was middle school. My high school didn't have a "space" course and I didn't take any space courses in college.

So I guess what I'm thinking long term is this: if it is true that all the stars will burn out and end the universe as we know it, the what? Is there just black empty space? My mind explodes when I think of this stuff. I mean, what even created space? How is there a vast infinity of open vaccumed space where enormous planets float in held by gravitational forces? How did the atoms that are the building blocks of all this stuff just magically appear in the vast open vaccum of space? What made space? It can't just appear out if thin air! What is the scientic explanation of it all??

My brain is going to explode!!!!!! Someone please have answers lol. (I have got to stop watching these space shows, I'm going to end up in a straight jacket haha)