Lundy's Random Thought Of The Day

Tools    

that's what she said...
Hello everyone! (Or myself--If nobody decides to read this, lol) I just thought it would be interesting to have my own thread to post whatever is on my mind for the day. Putting in misc. category since my mind is a misc. thing.

Anyways, I want to start it off with this youtube video I watched last night because it really gave me the goosebumps.

You can laugh it up all you want but I am a believer in aliens, UFOs and the extraterrestrial and paranormal. Anyways, this is all real footage people got (Yes, some have been explained and de-bunked--but others not) And towards the end there is a really freaky call from someone who used to work in the government section 51 (Who I guess deals with the cover-up of the extraterrestrial) The phone call he made to the radio host is what gave me the chills.

In 2012 alone there has already been reports of over 100 UFO sightings. Now I am not a crazy "END OF THE WORLD" person who believes the 2012 appocalispe or something like that, but I watched the History Channel movie called "UFOs and the White House" and when I heard the phone call made on the youtube vid I posted I really believed what he said.

It is 12 mins long so hopefully you have time to view it and have a discussion with me. If nobody views it or wants to talk to me about it, I completely understand. I know some people think believers in aliens are wack-jobs.

Anyways--If I have any comments, COOL! If not, then hopefully you'll like tomorrows post of the day.

The problem I have with Aliens is that we are so incredibly far from any planet that could potentially hold life that it's highly unlikely that they are visiting us. I absolutely believe in life on other planets and intelligent life would logically be part of that, but if you really think they are just buzzing us without actually stopping to say hello, you're nuts. There's no way in hell they'd travel hundreds of thousands of light years just to remain slightly out of our sight. The first thing they'd do is announce themselves to us.

In summation, not a single one of those things is extraterrestrial in origin. Sorry, but they just aren't.

Concerning the paranormal...ug. I hate that stuff even more than alien talk. If there were any such thing we'd have proof by now. Not blurry pictures and nearly inaudible recordings of voices. There's no such thing as ghosts.

that's what she said...
The part where they guy called the radio station, that was more believable than the footage. Well, for one because I know most of it has been proven to be fake. And two, there is so much movie software-- it's easy for people to make fake videos. But it just creeps me out. In a good way sort of..... My optimism of being alive the day we finally make contact with extraterrestrial beings makes me get overly excited when I hear news about UFOs and stuff. I know that sounds silly... Space just fascinates me and the idea that aliens may have already discovered earth and they are studing us from afar (or making visits to earth in UFOs--trying to remain unsceen or something) It just excites me because I am so hopeful that I will be alive when it happens.

Yeah, I know there is no "Proof" with paranormal...... but when you die, something happens. I wish I knew.

But is it really realistic to you that aliens would fly all that way and not make themselves known? That's where I always have trouble with these things. It's like swimming from Japan to California and then not visiting Disney Land.

When we die we either simply rot in the ground or whatever is left of us simply leaves this plane of existence. You pick.

I'm surprised no one else has chimed in on this one, I find this subject to be pretty polarizing. I guess no MoFoers give a crap about life after death...

that's what she said...
I'd pick leaves this plane of existence because I think our souls go somewhere as our body rots in the ground. I'm surprised too that nobody else had any thoughts

Butterflies Forever
Hi,

The first thing they'd do is announce themselves to us.
It is inconceivable to me that if you fell in to a rattle snake den that you would want to announce yourself.

We do not know that they don't think of us as anything but that.

If I had the ability to travel to a different world and did not know the language I think I would hide as quietly as I could and watch.

Yeah, I know there is no "Proof" with paranormal...... but when you die, something happens. I wish I knew.
I think Einstein was working on that theory, that matter is neither created nor destroyed.

Do we really have any "Proof" on anything or are we all as Poe put it living a "Dream within a Dream"

Sami

that's what she said...
Great thoughts Sami. On the History Channel movie "UFOs and the white house", they meantioned that the day after Pearl Harbor (or a few days after--can't remember exact) that there was unidentified aircraft over California which cause our military to have a big shootout into the sky--if I can find this on youtube I will put in the link-- anyways, the "ufo" apparently was moving in an up and down motion and had a shape unlike any aircraft in existance at the dayinage. There was no damage to it and nobody had answers to where it came from or belonged.

The point I am trying to make is (and it goes along with what you said about not making yourself know in a snake den) our human race is so distructive and just llike I meantioned, our military shoots down any unidentifiable aircraft they cant communicate through because of the threat of terrorism...... UGH it's difficult to express what i'm trying to say. The aliens probably know how hazardous and distructive in nature we are so they DONT want us to know that they already know we are here. There has been so many UFO sightings--and presidents have actually SPOKEN about alien life in speaches. Why would aliens want to make contact with us? Somehow we'd probably end up starting a war against them lol. Unfortunatly. It's too bad because there are people who would give ANYTHING to make contact with extraterrestrial (me being one of them).

If they can travel across the universe what do they have to fear from us? If they announce themselves and we start s*** with them they can just pack up and leave. It's not as if we can follow them.

And, again, I don't think you guys are really thinking about what they have to do to get here. If they travel without the use of some sort of wormhole/teleportation it would take thousands of years to get here. What would be the point of traveling all that way to just sit there and observe?

The incident you're talking about, lundy, is The Battle of Los Angeles. Not to be congfused with that stupid film.

Butterflies Forever
Hi,

If they can travel across the universe what do they have to fear from us? If they announce themselves and we start s*** with them they can just pack up and leave. It's not as if we can follow them.
I can see it now. They want the tax break.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,...

Just because you might have the power to do or control don't mean you will. Research is the key.

Sami

that's what she said...

And, again, I don't think you guys are really thinking about what they have to do to get here. If they travel without the use of some sort of wormhole/teleportation it would take thousands of years to get here. What would be the point of traveling all that way to just sit there and observe?

The incident you're talking about, lundy, is The Battle of Los Angeles. Not to be congfused with that stupid film.
Maybe they have figured a way to travel via the many of black holes there are. I mean, scientist havn't a CLUE whats on the other side of those mysterious things. I'm sure--and this is hypathetically speaking of course--they would know a "short cut" into different solar systems.
To your qquestion of "what would be the point to sit and observe?" I don't know.

Yes, that is the innident, thanks for putting in the link!

It would be pretty cool if there was a use of black holes/wormholes/dementional ways for travel in space.

I think a lot of sightings have been experimental military aircraft. And I am convinced that engineers and scientists have developed anti-gravity vehicles. I live in Arizona, and I have seen lots of these 'amber orbs'. I have literally pulled off the road and watched these things for an hour. They often appear as a line or V-formation, and the lights might click on sequentially one at a time. Then the lights may also turn off and reappear some minutes later in the same place. I also have seen these lights change or blend colors.

These are a dime a dozen in Arizona. And there is a lot of military airspace in this state. I have also seen what' has been referred to as 'standard white dots.' Simply white dots that move aimlessly, or meander around in the sky. I have never seen anything dramatic, or up close.

But I'm totally open to the extra-terrestrial visitation thing too. And I find it totally plausible that they would have the technology to travel vast distances at something like light speed, or using time travel.

Why won't they reveal themselves? They have their reasons, along with what Lundy says. Maybe they don't think we are mature or evolved enough. It almost seems that we are being conditioned for an eventual announcement anyways. I'm not saying ET exists for sure. But I am open to the possibility.

Aliens most likely use forms of travel that eliminate the problem of distance. Folding spacetime, wormholes, whatever you want to call it. I don't think physically traveling the universe is feasible except by machines alone, so biological creatures will come here through shortcuts. As for why they don't initiate open contact, that's a big "duh" - they wouldn't see us as their equals and they would likely follow their version of the Prime Directive: non-interference with younger civilizations.

But we can't just assume our ideas will hold true. The universe/multiverse is a big weird place, to say the least. Our ideas of what is or isn't possible are only that - ideas. We can't always project our logical systems onto it and pretend we have certainty. For all we know, we may exist in an abnormal pocket of spacetime that behaves differently from some greater universal status quo.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The experimental craft is one of the most logical explanations for these phenomenon. There's even a wiki page or two about the subject.

The only thing I ask, because I know I'm not going to change your mind, is for you to really think about what you're saying. They have traveled either thousands of years or folded the very fabric of reality only to occasionally buzz our planet and cause a ruckus. That's ridiculous. If they are simply observing, then I assure you, with their technology, they can do that without us ever having a clue. I promise you that no human being has ever seen an aircraft of extraterrestrial origin.

that's what she said...
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear everyone's different point of views on this subject. Bouncingbrick, thanks for inserting links so I could futher my knowledge and understandings.
And everyone else who commented on this, I found every bodys point of view to be pretty cool. I'm glad people shared their thoughts. I'm really into the Space Science and stuff so it all intregues me so much!

As for a new thought of the day, I will post one later as I have some Valentine plans.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

I have the Easy Rider DVD. Every time I watch that scene with Jack Nicholson, it makes me wonder if someone is using the media and movies to deliver a message.

True, they wouldn't negotiate distance in the traditional sense, except for short hops. I definitely think a lot of it is top-secret military projects. I'm not saying either way whether ET is out there. But I don't see how anyone can rule out the possibility. There is just too much information that has leaked out. And some credible military sources and even an astronaut says ET is reality.

As you say, aliens could very well observe us covertly.But some body or something wants us to see them whether it is military or other. Look at all the sightings where these things just park in the sky or move slowly over populated areas.

For the UFO non-believers there is the disinformation theory. Supposedly, the top military powers have technology that is hard for us to comprehend. Like straight out of a science fiction novel. Could extra-terrestrial life be an elaborate disinformation campaign to divert us from investigating super-advanced man made aircraft?

Was it Einstein or some other great thinker that said it would be arrogant for us to think we were the only intelligent species in the universe? Maybe Einstein was one of them

Firstly, intelligent life doesn't necessarily mean more intelligent than us and, supposing that it is, they'd still have to obey the laws of physics.

I have the Easy Rider DVD. Every time I watch that scene with Jack Nicholson, it makes me wonder if someone is using the media and movies to deliver a message.

True, they wouldn't negotiate distance in the traditional sense, except for short hops. I definitely think a lot of it is top-secret military projects. I'm not saying either way whether ET is out there. But I don't see how anyone can rule out the possibility. There is just too much information that has leaked out. And some credible military sources and even an astronaut says ET is reality.

As you say, aliens could very well observe us covertly.But some body or something wants us to see them whether it is military or other. Look at all the sightings where these things just park in the sky or move slowly over populated areas.

For the UFO non-believers there is the disinformation theory. Supposedly, the top military powers have technology that is hard for us to comprehend. Like straight out of a science fiction novel. Could extra-terrestrial life be an elaborate disinformation campaign to divert us from investigating super-advanced man made aircraft?
Just answer my one question, if they are smart enough to travel all that way just to observe us, why the hell would they not be able to hide completely from us?

Was it Einstein or some other great thinker that said it would be arrogant for us to think we were the only intelligent species in the universe? Maybe Einstein was one of them
Show me where I said intelligent life doesn't exist. I have no doubt there is intelligent life on other planets. In fact, given the vastness of space and the amount of planets out there, there's probably hundreds of thousands of other smart life forms out there. They just either can't get here or are hiding out there in the cosmos.

Think about this, if your an alien and you left your home planet and could travel hundreds of thousands of light years away, what are the odds that you'd even make it to Earth? Tiny. So, not only do they have to figure out how to get here (breaking what we know about the laws of physics, most likely), but you have to accidently stumble upon us! It's just too far fetched for me to accept that they did all that and then decided not to show themselves. I'd think they'd be eager to say hello because I can't imagine a reason you'd do all that unless you meant to make contact.

Besides, given the fact that we've had UFO sightings for decades, you'd think they'd have gathered enough information by now. Why not drop down and say hello? It's absurd to think that they're just floating around out there watching us after all they've done to get here. Unless they're smart enough to get here but too damn stupid to want to talk to us.