Iron Man 3

Tools    

Downey Suiting Up for Third Iron Man?

During a recent interview with the The Associated Press Robert Downey Jr. said “he aims to suit up for a third “Iron Man” flick”. Nothing more was said, although it is assumed he is hinting at Iron Man 3.

Thor and Captain America will be released next year and The Avengers is due in the summer of 2012, so one has to wonder what plans Marvel have for Iron Man 3. Now they are on a roll they are aiming to release at least 2 movies each year, which could mean they intend to get Iron Man 3 out in 2012. It would continue the two year gap which currently exists between Iron Man and Iron Man 2, although it would have to work around The Avengers which will unite all the hero’s in one film.

Robert Downey Jr. is expected to film Sherlock Holmes 2 later this year but he has nothing lined-up for 2011, so they could potentially film Iron Man 3 for a summer 2012 release. I guess we’ll hear more about Tony Stark’s future after the release of Iron Man 2 on May 7th.

Source: Filmonic

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
i hope its alot better than iron man 2 that sucked
It wasn't a great story like Iron Man, no, but it was still a good flick. Once Mandarin is introduced, the storyline should get significantly better. Favreau stated that his intent was to bring in Mandarin on the third film (with subtle references to him in the first two). I don't recall much reference to Mandarin or the "Ten Rings" in Iron Man 2, but they were referenced heavily in Iron Man.

This is, of course, all speculation. I haven't heard, or read, anything else about it since Iron Man. So, I don't know if the writers for Iron Man 2 dumped the subtle references so they could bring in War Machine, or what. If it's Favreau's goal to end on the third film, the only villain suitable for the "final show" is Mandarin.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I liked it quite a bit as well. I just don't understand what folks are looking for when they watch a flick like this. It's a comic book movie. With TDK out there too many folks think all comic book flicks will be like that one, I guess.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Its just an Expectation thing WaWA..which in the case of the Iron Man franchise is pretty funny.

When the the first one was announced, the interwebs lit up like crazy when it was announced Jon "Elf, Swingers and Zathura" was at the helm.

That wasn't my concern so much as how the heck they would pull off a character that would have to be completely CGI.

Well we know what happened, all the worry and concern was for naught and IronMan was awesome. Awesome all around. Awesome for the old fogies that read the comics 30 years ago dreamin of being IM, with an origin story that didn't alienate folks (wives, g/f's) that never picked up a comic ever.

In my opinion, IM gives Superman (1978) a run for its money as best origin story adaptation while edging out both X-men (2000) and Batman Begins.

The funny thing is, i didn't think it would matter with Don Cheadle (fine actor) slipping in as Rhody, but i have to admit Terrance Howard got the character down a bit better.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the 2nd one sucked, its just disapointing as over the last 10 years or so its the 2nd installment that has been the piece de resistance sorta thing. Think X2, Spidey 2 and dK. But as i said earlier, the 1st one was soooo good for the genre, there was bound to be a letdown of sorts.

Disney and Marvel have Iron Man 3 set for a May 3, 2013 release date. It will be interesting to see how a post-Avengers movie plays out, since right now all the Marvel Studios movies have been designed to build toward The Avengers.

I think it's great what Marvel is doing with their movies. They are a lot of fun and The Avengers movie should be pretty good. Seems there are a lot of movie franchises that go like this #1 - Awesome, #2 - Overdone/Suck, #3 - Back to good, sometimes even better. If this formula is true, then Iron Man 3 should be an incredible movie. Maybe not quite the game changer that Dark Knight was, but none the less, incredible.

I don't get that "Marvel's Dark Knight" vibe at all. I don't think The Avengers could possibly be compared to The Dark Knight. Is the movie going to be super-hyped? Yes. It is the cinematic equivilant of a comic book crossover event, and that is huge for a super-hero film. Whereas The Dark Knight hit big in part for being a "realistic super-hero" movie, there will be little realistic in The Avengers. With five films leading up to it, and Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, War Machine, Hawkeye and Nick Fury all in the same movie, I anticipate it's going to be full of over-the-top super-heroics, as it should be.

I don't think the Dark knight would be anywhere near as high on the pedastal if not for the the untimely passing of Heath Ledger.

The other thing is, the stupid "rivalry" between DC and Marvel in the movies has run its course.

I guess its an internet thing, but really who flippen cares? Good movies are good movies. I guess its positive if they keep pushing each other to make even better flicks, but other than that, the treating the properties as Sports teams and cheering on your favourites, is to me anyway a lil silly.

Well, the Marvel vs. DC rivalry goes way beyond movies, but I have always enjoyed both companies so I don't really care. What has happened, though, is that with all the different Marvel characters that have been featured in films over the last 10 years (X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Iron Man, etc.), DC and Warner Brothers are finally figuring out they missed the boat by only making Superman and Batman movies. Warner has owned DC for so long and done absolutely nothing with any other character as far as movies go. Now they're doing Green Lantern and developing The Flash, but if they ever finally get around to doing a JLA film they will just be copying The Avengers in the eyes of the general public.

yeah i get that, from way back when when we were churning butter and walking uphill both ways to school and such, a pecking order was created organically to figure out tradesys and such, but i don't see how it matters in the movies.

I mean sure it matters to the Studios, but unless you actuall work for one or own stock in one, i don't see how it matters.

If they come out with a JLA flick, the general public won't react that way. Quite the opposite imo. The characters involved in a JLA flick are already well established in the general public (non-comicbook readers) consciousness.

Flash was a pretty darn good adaptation as a live action TV series back awaysm though for sure the production $$ all went to the Flash FX not so much for the Villian.

Come to think of it Daredevil would probably work for Marvel as a hour long series on one of the cable channels.

I don't get that "Marvel's Dark Knight" vibe at all. I don't think The Avengers could possibly be compared to The Dark Knight. Is the movie going to be super-hyped? Yes. It is the cinematic equivilant of a comic book crossover event, and that is huge for a super-hero film. Whereas The Dark Knight hit big in part for being a "realistic super-hero" movie, there will be little realistic in The Avengers. With five films leading up to it, and Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, War Machine, Hawkeye and Nick Fury all in the same movie, I anticipate it's going to be full of over-the-top super-heroics, as it should be.
i agree with you on things are going to be all over the top in the avengers, but i also see this movie being a mess aswell soz use are all looking forward to this but i think a movie throwing so many superheros isnt going to work.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Could be good. I'd like to see him electrify Pepper Pot by installing one of those little nuclear reactor thingies (maybe 2 even...)

i agree with you on things are going to be all over the top in the avengers, but i also see this movie being a mess aswell soz use are all looking forward to this but i think a movie throwing so many superheros isnt going to work.
The Avengers could absolutely implode under the weight of all those heroes. I hope it doesn't. I hope it surpasses everyone's expectations. My take on it is that to really work, it needs to be, essentially, a Captain America movie. Being convinced that (possible SPOILERS) Captain America will be frozen at the end of his movie and thawed out in the Avengers movie, the story should focus on him and his interactions with the other characters. He'll be insecure at first, but in time of crisis his leadership skills will take control and he'll turn a rag-tag bunch of heroes into a cohesive fighting unit. That is how I'd like to see it done, anyway.