The Avengers

Tools    

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
As far as I know, filming for this started a few days ago, and a teaser has been released with what I can tell, is being voiced by Samuel L Jackson (Nick Fury).

Filming starts today, actually. Last Saturday Chris Evans and Samuel L. Jackson were filming the post-credit sequence for Captain America.

In Joss I trust. Now that it's begun filming, I can't wait to see the updates and see the hype start to build. Marvel has been great on keeping things under wraps. I honestly don't want to know too much but I can't stop from looking. So, I hope Marvel protects me from myself. I don't want anything to ruin this movie for me.

In Joss I trust. Now that it's begun filming, I can't wait to see the updates and see the hype start to build. Marvel has been great on keeping things under wraps. I honestly don't want to know too much but I can't stop from looking. So, I hope Marvel protects me from myself. I don't want anything to ruin this movie for me.

I couldn't have said this any better, LOL!! I don't ever want to know anything about movies, but end up looking at stuff too!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Has the bad guy been confirmed yet?
Not as far as I know. There have been a lot of rumours over the months and even years now - Hulk, Skrulls, Loki etc but nothing ever confirmed so far

I could certainly see them making Hulk the main physical threat under the control of someone like Loki or The Leader.

Well, i've not seen Thor which apparently has a post credit sequence alluding to The Avengers but Loki will be in it based on recent casting which leads speculation to Hulk being under his control.

That sums up exactly how I feel. I've never liked the idea of this and can easily see it falling apart.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
A few years ago I thought the same but after the impressive debuts for Iron Man and Thor, and the classy looking trailer for Captain America my hopes are getting fairly high.

I do think having Loki and Hulk as the villains would really help though. You're going to have a lot going on so any time you can save on introuding new characters will be very beneficial to the film.

What I can definitely say is that I'll be there on the opening weekend and even if it does turn out a bit of a mess it will still be quite a cool experience to see all these heroes on screen at the one time, something I thought would only ever be seen in comics and animated series'.

as a comic book nerd I can honestly say I'm having nerdgasms

Not so much news on the film itself, but I stumbled across an article discussing that Samuel L. Jackson had his script stolen and sold on the black market. It ultimately resulted in a complete investigation and Jackson was spoken to by Disney and Marvel copping quite a scolding. The scripts found its way onto the internet as well, and an IMDB source (although not reliable... it is IMDB after all) claims that he/she knows quite an intense run down of the film itself; including the villain and some of the intense battles. Most people are giving this character credit as a result of tipping eager audiences off about some of the Thor scenes, before its actual release.

Also....
Rumor has it that Marvel have shot a specific teaser trailer for THE AVENGERS. Said teaser is rumored to feature Loki. The trailer will be released next week at some stage. It will be revealed at COMIC-CON.

This poster was spotted at the Licensing International Expo. This is apparently one of the first teaser posters.

Furthermore, there is a little more backing on Loki being the main villain in the film:

"Everything I had done [in the movie Thor] accorded with Joss's idea of the character, too. I'm really so flattered that Marvel and Josh think I can take them all on. In Avengers, it's going to be me versus seven of them, and I say 'Good luck to them', frankly."
-Actor Tom Hiddelston