The Avengers

Tools    

I can't wait for this. They did a good job hyping people up at the end of the Ironman movie.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Apparently Ed Norton isn't going to be playing Hulk:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-...k-for-avengers

Pretty harsh statement from Marvel on why they're looking for a new Hulk:

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Apparently Ed Norton isn't going to be playing Hulk:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-...k-for-avengers

Pretty harsh statement from Marvel on why they're looking for a new Hulk:

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im shocked Ed Norton isnt playing Hulk I thought he did a damn good job in The Incredible Hulk its a shame as Im a big fan of him as an actor.

i wonder whats gone on as his agent says everything was fine and Ed was fine with how it was gonna be then Marvel says there not re-newing his contract
thats strange

I think they want to keep the budget a bit low... Since Hulk might not be a key character in the Avengers movie, they came up with the idea to get rid of Norton & to go for a cheaper actor.

Anyway Marvel always said they were not happy with the succes of Hulk movie... As it didn't do well like Iron Man..
In my opinion, Hulk was an awesome movie and one of my favourite Marvel movies.. & Norton made the movie even more cooler.

Semper Fooey
Genesis Pig is right. If they make another Hulk (which only did a little better business than the Ang Lee) they will recast. That's not Norton's fault.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Especially since unlike Eric Bana before him, Norton was only involved in the Banner character.

Norton's response (via facebook)

There is talk Joaquin Pheonix, may be in line to take his place, which would suggest it isn't strictly a financial decision.
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...s-to-hulk.html

Whatever the reason, it's a huge bummer. The idea of getting an Avengers movie with two fantastic actors like Robert Downey Jr. and Edward Norton was just too friggin' cool to actually happen in reality, apparently.

I didn't love The Incredible Hulk, but it was better than Ang Lee's Hulk, and it showed promise. This is a shame, not just becase Norton won't be involved in this film, but because it means we won't get to seem him in another solo Hulk film. Boohiss.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Mark Ruffalo to Play Hulk in The Avengers?

Source: Deadline
July 14, 2010

We're guessing that Marvel Studios was hoping to announce this at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 24th, but Deadline is reporting that the studio is in "late-stage discussions" with Mark Ruffalo to play The Incredible Hulk in The Avengers, scheduled to hit theaters on May 4, 2012.

He would be replacing Edward Norton, who played Hulk in director Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk. Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige and Norton both confirmed this week that he would not be returning for The Avengers.

lets be clear here. nobody has played the Hulk since Lou Ferrigno. The hulk is CGI.

I think thats the crux of it. If as scripted for the Avengers flick, Hulk has a pile of screentime, while david banner doesn't, then perhaps it wasnt worth butting heads with Norton.

I have no inside knowledge of this, just a guess on my part.

Semper Fooey
lets be clear here. nobody has played the Hulk since Lou Ferrigno. The hulk is CGI.
Maybe that's the problem. It might be better if he was both.

Hulk (2003) had the right idea imo insofar as the depiction of the beast.

by incorporating Bana's facial features, it humanized the brute to some degree.

that pic is alright, but does Agent Phil Coulson even carry a gun, lol...j/k

Looking forward very much to Avengers. I love the teaser work ins with the current movies ie: Ironman