The Avengers

Tools    

Oh yeah! I'm waiting for this!

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The Avengers looks promising. I wonder if they're going to show Comic Con footage for this next year.
Most likely not, they usually like to show footage at ComicCon, the year before the movie comes out. So that'd be ComicCon 2010.

Here's hoping that Fox isn't the new Wonder Woman. After all, WW is meant to be sexy. I don't know if Megan Gale can act or not, but she's sexier than Fox and she has the right kind of stats too.

That is an awesome post! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Hulk Confirmed for Avengers!!!

In a video interview which you can watch below from
&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reelcomix.com%2F1658-Hulk-Confirmed-for-Avengers.html Lou Ferrigno has confirmed that HULK will indeed appear in the Avengers movie and Lou Ferrigno will be involved. This is not a huge shock since we have speculated for awhile now that HULK would be in the movie and even the director has made hints at it. The Avengers hits theaters May 4, 2012.

Watch the video below...

&e

Source: Reelcomix
Other releated posts:

Edward Norton Likes the Idea of Hulk as The Avengers Villain
Matthew Vaughn Wants to Direct The Avengers
The Avengers line-up revealed
Could The Abomination be an Avengers Villain?
Louis Leterrier Wants Avengers To Rule Your Summer

Jon Favreau won’t be directing The Avengers

A year ago it was announced that Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau would be an executive producer on The Avengers, and there was talk that Marvel wanted him in the director chair too. However, Favreau recently sat down with MTV and denied that he would be directing, and explained why not.

“They’ll have to [find a different director], because I’m not going to be available,” he explained. “It’s something I’m being the executive producer on, so I’ll definitely have input and a say.”

“It’s going to be hard, because I was so involved in creating the world of Iron Man and Iron Man is very much a tech-based hero, and then with ‘Avengers’ you’re going to be introducing some supernatural aspects because of Thor,” he continued. “How you mix the two of those works very well in the comic books, but it’s going to take a lot of thoughtfulness to make that all work and not blow the reality that we’ve created.”

Favreau also confessed that his focus on a single member of “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” might not be the best fit for the team-up film.

“That’s why it’s good that you have the guys from Marvel like Kevin Feige, who knows the books well and has been involved with the making of all the movies, and he’ll be very involved with ‘Thor’ and ‘Cap,’” said Favreau. “You need somebody who has the perspective of all the different franchises to bring them together. I have the myopic vision of just knowing and loving Iron Man.”
So if not Favreau then who? As the film won’t be released until 2012 there’s plenty of time for Marvel to find the right guy (or female?) for the job. Although there is a chance it could either be Thor director Kenneth Branagh or Captain America director Joe Johnston.

Source: Filmonic

I think they should forget aaaaaaaaall about the avengers and make World War Hulk. That would be the best superhero movie of all time!

.... Unless this movie gets a half a billion dollar budget or more it will be terrible. I guarantee it. I would rather see the normal franchises excel a little more before they start piling them together and complicating any possible solo story lines.

Joss Whedon's Involvement With Marvel Films Even Bigger Than Expected

Well, now that we know who’s directing The Avengers (Joss Whedon, for those who have been living in a cave since yesterday), expect news to start moving along.

Several months ago, Zak Penn was charged with writing the script for The Avengers. We still don’t know what the gist of that story will be, other than it will involve Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D. bringing together the newfound superheroes who have been developing in a series of movies from Marvel Entertainment — namely, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and possibly The Incredible Hulk. We don’t know much else about it, nor do we know who the big bad will be.

Apparently, Whedon is not only in final negotiations to direct, but also to rewrite Penn’s script. Whedon’s writing has always been strong both in terms of dialogue and plotting. Most important to fans is likely going to be the fact that he’s got serious experience writing in this specific genre.

As for the exclusive news, Pajiba is fortunate enough to have a source close to the project who has some interesting info on The First Avenger: Captain America. Apparently Whedon’s role in the Marvel film universe may expand even further, as he’s also likely to be tasked with doing a polish on the Captain America script. At this point, we know the general news about Captain America — Steve Rogers (played by Chris Evans) undergoes a secret super soldier experiment during WWII and becomes Captain America. During a battle with The Red Skull (played by Hugo Weaving), he ends up frozen in ice, only to re-emerge during the modern era (where, presumably, he’ll eventually meet up with Tony Stark, Nick Fury, Thor, and the rest of the gang). The nature of Whedon’s script polish (on a screenplay originally written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely) is unknown, but it makes me rest a little easier, since this project has seemed like more of an x-factor than the others.

Sebastian Stan will play his sidekick Bucky Barnes, and just yesterday it was announced that British actress Hayley Atwell (most recently featured as Lucy in “The Prisoner”) will play Peggy Carter, his WWII-era girlfriend who is also a resistance fighter.

So there you have it. Joss Whedon is taking the Marvel universe by storm.

Source: Pajiba

i think the Avengers is going to be good if the enemy (most likely the Hulk) is good and they have been planting the seeds since iron man 1 so we just have to wait in the order marvel intended: iron man 2, Thor, Captain America then The Avengers