My NEW top 100 films....

→ in
Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
That's right people it's here... a lot of you know that I am complaining about my list and how some movies placed so high... don't worry a lot has changed.... so please... don't hurt me

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
a new list so soon???

I've got a new list as well, but won't post it for a while sinceI did one couple years ago.

Suspect's Reviews

Just curious (and that's my way of prefacing this so I can say whatever I want), but since you just did one not to long ago. Why don't you just go and edit your original thread? Not all of your original 100 are going to change are they?

Why don't you just go and edit your original thread? Not all of your original 100 are going to change are they?
hmmmmm, good question, but a lot will change

#100- The Frighteners
"I need some new clothes. I still look
like Linc from "The Mod Squad"."

This movie is a gem I encourage you to seek out. Even if it just for the first 5 minutes on the DVD where Peter Jackson talks about what ultimately lead up to The Lord of the Rings

I liked this film first and foremost for it's CGI. The way they did the ghosts was really cool and I enjoyed.

I also liked the characters, Cyrus being my favorite. Loads of funny lines from him that crack me up every time. Plus, Mlton Dammers is just so creepy.

The direction in this movie was also very well done. Oscar winner Peter Jackson honing his skills I guess.

Looking forward to this controversial new list

Few notes: Sorry if you thought there was an explanation my computer for some reason never posted it....
Also, this explanation is first because I just bought it and re watched it...

#99 Van Wilder
"Vance Wilder, Sr.: Sweet Joesph, my son's a fairy. "

It's hard to explain why I love Van Wilder so much. I guess it's mostly because of it's characters. Van Wilder is the guy I want to be in college. Well-liked, ladies man, living in the moment, and throws the best parties. He is just pretty much awesome.

I also like this movies jokes. I really am a fan of gross out humour. I mean come on, if you were my age, you would be on the ground laughing at them eating donuts with dog cum in them! I also like how sometimes it makes us think its being predictable but then throwing something different. (case and point; the first scene)

I also like how this movie was cast. Besides Tara Reid actually being smart, the rest of the cast is believable. Kal Penn was pretty much born to be Taj. Ryan Reynolds is the only person who could/should be Van Wilder. Plus the principal from the Breakfast Club, Paul Gleason, isn't too bad either.

Finally, I like that Van actually gives good advice. I think we can all agree on that. My favorite tidbits are "I've learned that you can't treat every situation as a life-and-death matter because you'll die a lot of times." and "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."

National Lampoon's Van Wilder is the very definition of "painfully unfunny". But, maybe I'm wrong and it truly is among the hundred greatest films ever made? Personally I don't think it was among the hundred best movies of 2002. I think even if you had only seen seventy movies in your life and this was one of them, it wouldn't be top 100 material...but different strokes and all....

And you definitely need explanations why you like these flicks? Only two listed so far and you already got some 'splainin' to do!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And you definitely need explanations why you like these flicks? Only two listed so far and you already got some 'splainin' to do!

I am... The Frighteners is coming tommorow or Tuesday, and since I own Van Wilder; I just wrote an explaination

Originally Posted by Lennon

I also like this movies jokes. I really am a fan of gross out humor. I mean come on, if you were my age, you would be on the ground laughing at them eating donuts with dog cum in them!
I forget how old you are exactly, but I must have skipped that age because I never would have thought this was funny. I'm no prude and I don't think any subject matter is off limits - anything can be funny. But Van Wilder is so screamingly horrible in every way and just completely unfunny, insultingly so. Outrageousness for outrageousness' sake doesn't do anything for me. At all. Now I realize discussing "taste" with somebody who thinks canine sperm dripping out of people's mouths is a scream is probably futile, so I'll just leave it at that.

Originally Posted by Lennon
Finally, I like that Van actually gives good advice. I think we can all agree on that. My favorite tidbits are "I've learned that you can't treat every situation as a life-and-death matter because you'll die a lot of times." and "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."
I actually think this kind of thing makes Van Wilder even worse (if that's possible). I find it that much more insulting to have some message, even a minor one, grafted onto a smoldering turd like this one. If you want to be an inane gross-out flick, own up to it and at least be proud of what you are. Own your crassness, don't mask it.

ha funny. after i was done with my list i wanted to re-do it right away. i think it's not even possible to make a "true" top 100 films. it is ever changing.

as for the list so far...meh. ha but should be interesting

I forget how old you are exactly

and god you guys are going to hate my #1 movie if you hate Van Wilder.......

#98 Stuart Little

The best thing about this movie is the movie's source. This book was one the first books I learned to read. It was a struggle but I did it and I still read it today. (Yes, I get made fun of okay)

Next I like the animation, it blends pretty well considering the times. It's not Toy Story, but it fits well and draws pulls you in. Even the timing it is very well done.

I like the fact that everyone doesn't see anything wrong with them adopting a mouse besides George. They treat him like a normal kid. Which is pretty good and a lot of people should do that with anything, animal or human.

Finally, I really like the characters. Stuart Little has to be the coolest mouse next to Jerry from Tom and Jerry. Plus, Nathan Lane of Lion King fame as Snowball the cat was very awesome and the fights with Stuart were hilarious.

Also, you know who wrote the script? M. Night Shmaylan (spelling?)

Yeah, when I was fourteen I'm sure I would have thought Van Wilder and its brand of humor suck just as bad as I do today. I turned fourteen in May of 1984. Back then my favorite comedies I had ever seen would have included Young Frankenstein, Airplane!, Ghostbusters, Arthur and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. I would implore you to see all five and ask yourself honestly if Van Wilder is any good in comparison. If I had made anything like a top one-hundred list that year I'm sure Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Three Musketeers (1973), The Blues Brothers, Breaking Away, Time Bandits and Jaws would have been way up at the top. I had so much cinema yet to discover, but I like that kid and his taste (OK, so perhaps I'm biased).

My advice is to keep watching more and more movies, revise that list damn near daily. This is about to be your second "official" crack at a top hundred. I want to see your four-thousandth revision five or six years down the line. I'll bet National Lampoon's Van Wilder won't be anywhere near it.

I'm sorry I liked the movie?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Don't listen to him Lennon. A list of someone top 100 favourite films are always personal. I have Joyride on mine.....I wouldn't say it's one of the 100 BEST films, but it is a favourite of mine.

National Lampoon's Van Wilder is the very definition of "painfully unfunny". But, maybe I'm wrong and it truly is among the hundred greatest films ever made? Personally I don't think it was among the hundred best movies of 2002. I think even if you had only seen seventy movies in your life and this was one of them, it wouldn't be top 100 material...but different strokes and all....

Yeah, when I was fourteen I'm sure I would have thought Van Wilder and its brand of humor suck just as bad as I do today. I turned fourteen in May of 1984. Back then my favorite comedies I had ever seen would have included Young Frankenstein, Airplane!, Ghostbusters, Arthur and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. I would implore you to see all five and ask yourself honestly if Van Wilder is any good in comparison. If I had made anything like a top one-hundred list that year I'm sure Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Three Musketeers (1973), The Blues Brothers, Breaking Away, Time Bandits and Jaws would have been way up at the top. I had so much cinema yet to discover, but I like that kid and his taste (OK, so perhaps I'm biased).

My advice is to keep watching more and more movies, revise that list damn near daily. This is about to be your second "official" crack at a top hundred. I want to see your four-thousandth revision five or six years down the line. I'll bet National Lampoon's Van Wilder won't be anywhere near it.
Let me re-phrase... immature 14 year old?