Your ideal cast

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Movie #2

A young man returns from the current Iraq War seemingly matured and made wise by the experience. His wife is still there for him, and his son is about to enter Kindergarten. After his friends and family throw him a Welcome Home party, his father, an honored Vietnam War vet, is accidentally killed in a tragic car accident during a sudden freak nighttime thunderstorm where visibility instantly drops down to zero. The person driving the other car is a young immigrant Muslim woman whose daughter is also killed in the crash.

Cast the younger veteran, his wife, his father, and the immigrant. If you know of a decent five-year-old male actor, include that, but I'm not sure I do, so it's not necessary.

You can also indicate which way you believe the film will go since this all takes place in the film's first half. I know which way my film is going, but I'll come back after a few other ideas.

Ryan Reynolds as the main charactervet,Anthony Hopkins as his Dad,wife is a tough one but I'll say ummmmm....well a lot of people could fit so let's say NataliePortmanorAlisonLohman. (See how I went all sneaky with the subtlety?) As the immigrant howsabout the Persian shopkeep's daughter from Crash? She might not wanna be typecast though.....scour Bollywood and settle for Freema Agyeman if you can't find anyone better.

I see Ryan Reynolds becoming racist/homicidal psychotic vigilante and going on a rampage and dying at the end.Oscaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
my first instinct is to say Robert Duvall for the father
Marisol Nichols (Nadia from '24' s6) as the muslim woman
wife:
Sophia Myles - providing she can do a gd american accent
Michelle Williams
Liv Tyler

for the young man:
Jason Schwartzman
Eddie Kaye Thomas - good when given a chance
Jake Gyllenhaal

You're a Genius all the time
Well, ideally I'd have picked Ryan Gosling as the younger vet, but since Mark already took him, I'll go with Emile Hirsch there. For his wife, even though she may be a bit old, Gretchen Mol could probably pull it off nicely. I think I'd go with Amy Winehouse for the Muslim immigrant (I'm not joking). And as for the older vet, how's about The Big Lebowski himself, Jeff Bridges?

And yeah, Hirsch goes crazy, forgets everything he's seen and lets blind prejudice take over in his desperate quest for revenge.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Don't think Bridges looks old enough to be a veteran but i like Gretchen Mol but maybe she is too old for this part, emile hirsch being so much younger and all - shes 36 and hes 23

Don't think Bridges looks old enough to be a veteran but i like Gretchen Mol but maybe she is too old for this part, emile hirsch being so much younger and all - shes 36 and hes 23
I dunno, I think Bridges looks just about right as a Nam vet. And, for me at least, he looks enough like Hirsch that he could convincingly play his dad. But yeah, as much as I'd love to see Mol in this role, she's probably too old to be be Hirsch's wife.

I was thinking Ryan Gosling for a sec, but I don't think he needs a push. Plus if I'd picked him I would've been forced to put him with his Notebook counterpart Rachel ....ummm McAdams.

(pleasepleasepleasepleasenotanotherpatrickswayzewasn'tinghostitwaskevinbaconmoment)

I was thinking Ryan Gosling for a sec, but I don't think he needs a push.
I love that not only are you thinking about who would fill the roles nicely, you're also looking to give someone's career a shot in the arm (Ryan Reynolds) by handing them a juicy Oscar-bait-type-part in our little game.

After watching Iron Man today, I actually like Jeff Bridges as the dad. Terry O'Quinn is younger than Bridges, but I think he could easily play old enough to be a Vietnam vet. I'll think about somebody else soon. You can cast anybody I choose, at least, if you think it fits the best. The female cast is coming up next. Oh, by the way, my film is not meant to be a revenge flick, even though that possibility will be addressed during the running time.

What's it gonna be called?

Just cause I'm trying to see the trailer in my head and if the voice-over guy doesn't have the title then the actors names don't help thatamucha

Originally Posted by mark f
Movie #2You can also indicate which way you believe the film will go since this all takes place in the film's first half. I know which way my film is going, but I'll come back after a few other ideas.
I'm making mine into a comedy for the Farrelly brothers!

Burt Reynolds is the Vietnam Vet Daddy, Jack Black is the Iraq Vet, Cameron Diaz his sex-ay wife, and Parminder Nagra is the Muslim woman. The funny practically writes itself, especially when drunken ass-kickin' Dad comes back as a drunken ass-kickin' ghost. Will Ferrell plays Burt's Sergeant from 'Nam who was killed in action in 1969 but now serves as his spirit guide, Chris Rock is an Al Sharpton-type preacher lookin' to stir things up, Chris Elliott plays a local Mullah, James Van Der Beek is Jack's college football star Quarterback brother who is having a secret Gay relationship with his Center and roommate played by Anthony Anderson, Dennis Hopper is another Vietnam Vet and Burt's fishing buddy, Greg Kinnear is the town's Mayor, and Jane Fonda has a cameo as herself.

Oh, CONSARNIT! Now I've made myself want to see it!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And I forgot the title! It's going to be called...

Agent Orange Julius

Julius is the name of Burt's character, and testing the effects of the infamous defoliant was part of his job during the Vietnam War. Plus, natural product tie-in!

I love your idea, Holds. Mine was going to be to play it as some kind of homage to House of Sand and Fog, but yeah, I realize that it's already been done. Mine was also gonna have a Capra ending though, so everybody could shoot up some H and be happy with the world. Either way, there would be no deaths after the early car scene because I would actually try to make an Oscar bait film. Sorry.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
Kevin Spacy
Leo Dicaprio
John Malcovich

The trifecta of awesomeness...

true topic it was

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
old veteran: Albert Finney

young dude:

i can't think of anyone else right now...Vinnie Jones for the rest!