Lennon's reviews!

→ in
Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Taxi Driver (Don't act like you don't know who directed/what year this came out.)

"You talkin' to me?"

What is it about re-watching Scorcese movies lately? Have I just been a bad mood watching them? Have I wanted to hate it? I’m not sure, but I’d probably rank this a little above Goodfellas, but it still dropped its’ rating from my first viewing of
. DeNiro does deliver an awesome, non-mobster performance, of psycho Travis Bickle, even if no one else really amazed me. But the script by Paul Schrader’s interesting, and doesn’t have any really slow points. Scorcese shoots the camera really well. All in all, Taxi Driver is a good movie, defiantly worth a watch, and I’d pick it up if it’s cheap somewhere.

Welcome to the human race...
Sorry. He just seems so friggin' creepy.
To be fair, I've only seen Annie Hall and I never cared that much for it either. I'm just re-using the same line I used on you when you said you refused to watch David Lynch movies.

I'm like that.

GOODFELLAS
-

Overall this was kind of disappointing. it was built up to be the greatest movie friggin’ ever, but it really was just a good little movie ever.
I'd probably go a little higher, but I have to admit I was expecting even more.

Sorry if I'm a bit rusty, haven't done this in a loooong time.

Predators (Nimród Antal, 2010)

Now, I know what you're saying, an R-rated action movie with babes, guns, and freaking Predators? Lennon'll love this! Well sir, you are wrong, not even I liked this steaming pile of crap.

For starters the cast was not good at all, hear that Adrien Brody, sure you were good and all that jazz in other movies but here it almost felt like you were trying to one-up Ah-nuld! at his own game, which just made me think, oh wow, I want to go home and bust out the first DVD not stay here and watch. Alice Braga was pretty wooden as was everyone else, the only one who ultimately did good was, well, Eric freakin' Forman, and that's saying something.

As for the plot, the writers would like you to think it's different but basically it's the same as the first one, sure they're on a different planet but it still looks like every other jungle ever, they just lack a lot of creativity. The "big idea" of the movie is to try to throw in a trying-to-escape-via-aircraft plot but it's still "GET TO DA CHOPPA!" all over again. Then for added sucking, they put not one, not two, but three final stands a la Sonny Landham in, once again the first movie. To give the makers some credit, they did have one good twist thrown in, and Brody's final fight did include one innovative idea, but those don't make up for the hour or so I had to sit through of suckingness.

Also, Robert Rodriguez, I thought would at least the action would be new and innovative, well, nope. You get guys getting stabbed straight through, guys spines being ripped out, and guys being set up for traps. Nothing new. Not even the effects were to good.

All in all Predators was not creative, not good, and defiantly not worth it, just go watch the first one people. I feel duped.

Nice to see you popping back in Lennon. I gather you didn't like the film then?

Why hello there sexy tab

TITAN A.E. (Don Bluth, 2000)

God I hate reviewing movies I pretty much grew up with. I want to just give it a 5 out of pure sentimental value, and how many times I've watched this movie as a kid, and thinking it was the greatest animated movie ever. Sadly, at 17 I've realized it's not. The voice acting is very subpar, especially towards the end. The whole movie is very above par in the way it looks, especially for 2000, space just looks amazing. Bluth and co, knew this, and wanted to take full advantage of it, making some scenes just take to long. The writing can barely hold up even the scenes that make sense. The typical see-it-coming-a-mile-away teenage romance takes place of course, and besides one or two twists it was very predictable.

+

Great soundtrack though. You should watch it.