The Vampire Diaries

Tools    

that's what she said...
With season 4 just starting 2 weeks ago, I am surprised there isn't already a thread for it. So if anyone would like to share their thoughts....

I will start. So, I felt season 1 started off kind of slow, it took a few episodes to really get me hooked, but BOY when I got hooked, I was HOOKED! (Netflix has all the previous seasons so if you havn't seen them yet I highly recommend.) Season 1 is basically about Elena falling in love with Stephan and learning everything that comes along with dating a vampire. Soon a spiral of drama occurances happen... mostly involving the very tall, dark and handsome older brother Damon. We also learn about the brother's past with Karoline (Which whom Elena looks exactally alike... later to find out she is a Doplegager--I may have spelled that wrong.) Towards the end we start to realize Damon isn't really all that bad and then comes the split. From then on people take a side and I will let you all know, I have been rooting for Damon since day one!!! (Although I may be bias about it since Damon is played by Ian Somerhaulder... Boon from Lost--And I really liked Boon. Haha...) Okay so season 2 we start getting new characters introducted... The originals --vampires, witch, vampire hunter--and Bonnie (Elenas BFF and a witch) starts getting really good at her witch powers. I'm pretty sure this is the season where Caroline turns into a vampire as well. The characters are faced with lots of issues because both the cousil and originals are after them... plus Damon gets a bit closer to Elena... But season 3--last season--was MY FAV!!!!(so far) So in order to save Elenas life, Stephan has to go with Klause (the MAIN original vampire) and Klause uses his vampire hipnotism to make Stephan have to let go of his humanity and basically be a slave for Klause. He does a lot of bad stuff yadda yadda... the best part is Elena and Damon get SO CLOSE and have a makout scene which I basically clapped my hands for since I was so happy it finally happened. Ugh but STUPID Elena then has to say something like "...I still love Stephan...I love both"... then of course Stephan comes back into the picture and Elena has to make a choice... Too bad she cant really make one because SHE DIES!!!!!!!!!!! POW!!!!!! End of Season 3... Here comes Season 4 and my thoughts...

Only 2 episodes in and so far I am dissapointed. (I am actually just about to start the 2nd episode right now so I can only really comment on the first). So Elena tells Stephan that she chooses him. THATS why I am dissapointed. I know, stupid, but I really really REALLY wanted her to choose Damon. Damon was the one who always did whatever he would have to do to keep her alive and safe. Stephan was too much into letting her do things her way just so she wouldnt be mad at him... Damon just seems so much better for her... but you know, it was completely predictable that she'd go back to Stephan. I mean, if I had to make a bet I'd of course know that she'd take Stephan back.... just was bummed because I wanted her with Damon. Anyways....... Now that I shared a bit about my feelings-- how about others share and NOW as the season progresses we can discuss the episodes!!

that's what she said...
I liked last episode because Damon was teaching Elena the "way" of the vampire... how to feed without killing and have fun with it. I loved the scene where they were dancing together with blood dripping from both their mouths but then again I was mad when she realized it and went back to Stefan. UGHHH when is she going to just dump Stefans sorry-ass and get with DAMON!!!!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The first few episodes turned me off because it was a teenage drama show with vampire added in. Once the first season finished though, I dug it. Good mythology and characters. The second and some of the third season were great.

Now we are on the fourth and the show seems to be running in circles, at least for me.

I think if the show

A: Ditches the love triangle (let her choose and have it be done with) and focus more on more interesting characters (Elena is so boring) then the show can make a comeback.

B: Stop stealing things from Buffy.

I think they need a new show runner, get Julie Plec out of there and bring in some fresh writers because right now it seems like they don't know what to do with half the characters. I'm looking at you Bonnie.

Suspect's Reviews

that's what she said...
Yea so far Bonnie hasn't really done anything in season 4. Although the last episode she finally was able to light the candles with her witch power. I do see where you are coming from with things running in circles but I think what keeps me pulled in is that every episode I hope she Elena ends up with Damon! I will admit I cant stand Stefans character. To me, he is the boring one. But I do find Damon to be very exciting and Elena has a lot of potential, they just need to give her more. She killed the hunter last episode and was way too emotional about it. They should have made her like the kill--I mean, she IS a vampire after all!! I don't really like that this seasons "theme" (at least as it seems so far to be) is finding the cure to vampireism. I don't want there to be a cure. In my opinion, if they "cure" her... this should be the last season!! I guess season 3 is my fav so far because a lot was focused on the build up relationship between her and Damon. And I wish they took it further.

The thing is, I too am a major TRUE BLOOD fan and obviously that is more "mature" of a show so when I was waiting forever for Sookie and Eric to FINALLY get together, I will not lie, their season 4 scene... you True Blood fans know what I'm talking about... was my favorite. Then Season 5 came along and at least I was still hooked becasue Sookie admitted to loving both and not being able to choose between them.

So all in all, I'm still hooked to Vampire Diaries because A) I am waiting for another Elena & Damon moment and hoping it more than just a kiss and B) I just want to know what is next in their adventure.

I will admit, once the complete show comes to an end, I will not buy it on DVD unless at the very end Elena does end up with Damon. Sad thing is I feel like I just KNOW she will pick Stefan after everything--but I can DREAM! lol. Most likely I will not be purchasing this after it's all over, but at least it has kept me hooked with the drama between her and the brothers. The rest of it is just a fun ride... BUT Vampire Diaries IS NOT AT ALL AS PERFECT AS TRUE BLOOD!!! I can't wait for season 5 to come out on DVD because I'm going to buy the whole series... and I feel like I have been waiting FOREVER for season 6 to start... grrr... but I shouldn't be talking about it because this is a VAMPIRE DIARIES THREAD. hehe!!!

Spoiler.

The episode 4 of season 5 was awesome. Especially when tyler came back after all this time.
But there is something that annoys me so much : It's Elena. She doesn't know what she wants. Stefan, or Damon. Stefan, or Damon. And I hate that. I think it will be very difficult to Damon because Elena still love stefan.
Anyway, strongly friday !!!!!!

A system of cells interlinked
I tried to watch a couple episodes, but man, SOOOOOO bad. Almost pure melodrama, and poorly written, at that. No thanks!

Can't wait to see the new episode. But, for wait, there is a new serie calls " The originals ". ( With Klaus, Eleijah, Rebecca in it obviously ). And I LOVE it so much because Klaus was my favorite " bad guy " in TVD and now there is a serie just for him. (I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW). If you are tired of the " drama " in TVD ( even if I love it ), there is more action in " The originals ", trust me. ;-)