Least Deserving Best Picture Oscar Winner?

Tools    

In the Heat of the Night was a good movie, but that was the year of Bonnie and Clyde and The Graduate, and Heat was a distant third compared to those two.
Yup, I would have given it to Bonnie And Clyde, a movie that will always be remebered by those who saw it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Driving Miss Daisy or Shakespeare in Love

Suspect's Reviews

I pretty much waffle between two answers to this question...sometimes I think it's THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH and sometimes I think it's AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
1941:I haven't seen it but I seriously doubt How Green Was My Valley is better then Citizen Kane.

1991: I admit I'm biased on this one since it's one of my favorite movies but I think Beauty and the Beast should have won this year. I saw Silence of the Lambs and didn't really care for it (Anthony Hopkins was amazing though) but I've never been a fan of slasher-esque films anyway.

1998: No idea how Shakespeare In Love beat Saving Private Ryan.

2005: Brokeback Mountain. "Nuff said.

2008: The Dark Knight should have gotten a nomination at least.

The 1994 nominations were incredible. Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction, and Shawshank Redemption? I would have been happy if any of those won, and Forrest took it in the end.

1998: Saving Private Ryan should have won imo.

2002: The Pianist should have won.

2009: Inglorious Basterds should have won.

2010: Anything EXCEPT the King's Speech should have won. (another good year)

2012: Haven't seen Argo, but I don't know if it topped Django Unchained or Life of Pi.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Never thought about it before, but THE GRADUATE or BONNIE AND CLYDE were far superior nominees for Best Picture of 67 than the winner.
Agreed.

A few others:

Taxi Driver over Rocky

Apocalypse Now over Kramer vs. Kramer

Raging Bull over Ordinary People

JFK over Silence of The Lambs

Sense and Sensibility over Braveheart

Anything (but preferably Good Will Hunting) over Titanic

The Fellowship of the Ring over A Beautiful Mind

Anything over Chicago

The Aviator over Million Dollar Baby

There Will Be Blood over No Country for Old Men

On the outside looking in.

JFK over Silence of The Lambs

Anything over SILENCE OF THE LAMBS would have been an improvement.