Your Most Hated Music Artist.

Tools    

I like that song. I hadn't heard it in a long time and I never really realized that R.E.M. sang it. The music video is corny, but it's not a bad song at all.

No i have no evidence. It doesn't matter really as that's not why i hate them

I hate them because they're awful.
So thinking their music is awful entitles you to make false accusations? Okay then.

I think this sums it up.
I like that song.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
She was the first to come to my mind when I saw the thread title.

But Queen?
Yes. I hate them.

Novelty pap.
Methinks u need to listen to more Queen. You know they existed before Bohemian Rhapsody blew up on Waynes World right?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Anyway, i love Dylan the songwriter, i mean who doesnt? but Dylan the singer?

Hate it.

Now this is really weird, this next one, because ive seen Neil young in various incarnations half a dozen times, but again its very similar. Love the songwriting, but man his voice can really get on my nerves if im not in the mood to go to that place.

REM is pretty damn boring. I don't hate them though.
ScarletLion was talking about Mumford and Sons, not REM.
He accused them of being "manufactured."

Bob Dylan is a horrible singer, and I've never gotten the appeal of him. I guess it's his songwriting, but I've never paid attention to his lyrics before.

I've recently been getting into the Smashing Pumpkins because of how beautifully written the lyrics are. It's really like poetry.

Bob Dylan is a horrible singer, and I've never gotten the appeal of him. I guess it's his songwriting, but I've never paid attention to his lyrics before.

I've recently been getting into the Smashing Pumpkins because of how beautifully written the lyrics are. It's really like poetry.
Smashing Pumpkins, and pretty much all the rock and folk music you hear today, are influenced by Bob Dylan.

You've probably listened to many of Dylan's lyrics in cover songs you don't even realize were written by Dylan.

Edit: Not saying you shouldn't hate Dylan or his voice. He's happens to be one of my favorite artists of any art form, so I felt compelled to provide some perspective.

Yeah, I remember that All Along the Watchtower, which has been covered by U2 and Jimi Hendrix. I'm sure there are several others. I'm not denying that he might be some sort of musical genius, but I just haven't been able to appreciate it yet, and I'm not gonna go out of my way listen to him any time soon.

Yeah, I remember that All Along the Watchtower, which has been covered by U2 and Jimi Hendrix. I'm sure there are several others. I'm not denying that he might be some sort of musical genius, but I just haven't been able to appreciate it yet, and I'm not gonna go out of my way listen to him any time soon.
I dig...I grew up listening to the guy, so it's kind of like mother's milk to me....Not that I'm comparing Dylan to a breast or anything like that

I have the saddest memory from high school when I was sitting with some guy who was kind of my friend at lunch and this ******* assistant principal guy came over and saw him wearing a Bob Dylan shirt and started making fun of Bob Dylan for totally no reason at all. He was, like, imitating the way Bob Dylan sang, acting really retarded and disgusting. He was a cruel man, not someone trying to be lighthearted and fun. My friend kept giving him evil stares, but the guy would not shut the hell up. Anyway, it bugs me because that friend of mine actually died a year later, while the ******* assistant principal later became my old school's main principal. It makes me feel like one should not make fun of Bob Dylan.

That principal will have his comeuppance...

He'll get stuck in an afterlife with Celine Dion muzak....Then again, maybe that will be his heaven

Better than calling him a dick.
I'd be more likely to call him a breast. Mother's milk never came from a dick, and I'm less likely to suck on one

Viva la difference!

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I don't hate him, but I can not stand Jim Morrison's voice. I listened to The Doors self-titled the other day, and I couldn't get into his vocals. Instrumentally, The Doors are such a great band instrumentally and lyrically, but I'm just not a huge fan of Jim Morrison.

Welcome to the human race...
Leaving aside the low-hanging fruit like Justin Bieber or Nickelback or what-have you, my immediate response would be Steel Panther. They're a parody of hair metal bands in the vein of Spinal Tap, but the crudeness of their humour drastically outweighs the cleverness and the music itself is just recycling the kind of tunes that Mötley Crüe (another band I don't have any real fondness for) drove into the ground twenty years. Aside from that, a whole bunch of modern-day punk bands.