outer space movie and their portrayals

Tools    

that's what she said...
Hey guys so I was just thinking, in many space movies they have different ideas of what happens if you come out of your 'space suit' in outer space and other things.

EXAMPLES: Total Recall, when they get put into outer space their heads blew up like a balloon and exploded, or Armageton (i prob spelled that wrong), when the guy looks at the sun and his eyes burn out and he goes blind. Then there is that one movie and I cant remember the name, but they become frozen when the space helmet comes off. Then in Pandorum, they experience "pandorum" (shaking, bleeding, halucinations) when in hyper space too long. And in childrens movies, they just "can't breathe".

Anyways, I wanted to hear other movie 'portrayals' of things that would happen to people in outerspace! And if anyone has their own ideas or factual knowledge of what would happen, SHARE!!

"He has all the time in the world ... "
http://science.howstuffworks.com/space-suit.htm

• You could become unconscious within 15 seconds because there's no oxygen.
  • Your blood and body fluids could "boil" and then freeze because there is little or no air pressure.
  • Your tissues (skin, heart, other internal organs) could expand because of the boiling fluids.
  • You could face extreme changes in temperature. For example, in the sunlight temperatures might reach 248 degrees F (120 degrees C) and plummet to -148 F ( -100 C) in the shade.
  • You would be exposed to various types of radiation, such as cosmic rays, and charged particles emitted from the sun (solar wind).
  • You could be hit by small particles of dust or rock that move at high speeds (micrometeoroids) or orbiting debris from satellites or spacecraft.
Best not to go EVA without your suit then!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Event Horizon had that cool scene when Baby Bear shut himself in that room and started to depressurize it, all the veins in his arms went crazy and started bleeding from his eyes, good scene.

that's what she said...
Wow that is really interesting stuff! Thanks for listing it for me to read, Oktober!
Space is so freaky, but AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that picture is epic, akatemple, I forgot about that movie! Thanks for reminding me, I'll prob watch it within the next few days now LOL

There's quite a good scene like this in Danny Boyle's Sunshine (2007) in which there aren't enough pressure suits to go around when some of the characters have to briefly transfer between ships. I seem to remember them insulating one of the team in reflective material limiting the damage to a frost bitten hand.

Space movies really ,,kill,, everything interesting about space,i dont watch them almoust at all,90 percent of them i ever watched are like that.I could recommend you some mindblowing documentaries if you want.Documentaries about space are zillion times more interesting than movies.

that's what she said...
Space movies really ,,kill,, everything interesting about space,i dont watch them almoust at all,90 percent of them i ever watched are like that.I could recommend you some mindblowing documentaries if you want.Documentaries about space are zillion times more interesting than movies.
Yeah I'll have to watch more of the documentary ones but my past experience, the narrarators talk me to sleep with their monotone voices LOL.

There's quite a good scene like this in Danny Boyle's Sunshine (2007) in which there aren't enough pressure suits to go around when some of the characters have to briefly transfer between ships. I seem to remember them insulating one of the team in reflective material limiting the damage to a frost bitten hand.
Yeah, that seemed like a good portrayal of how fragile the human body is when exposed in space. Good pick.