Game of Thrones showrunners to create Star Wars films

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
I wasn’t sure where to put this so I guess this’ll work...

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, best know as the show runners for Game of Thrones, are going to write and produce a new series of Star Wars movies.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/st...ss-1202689489/

I am already exhausted at the thought of countless memes and jokes that this will flare up.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I wasn’t sure where to put this so I guess this’ll work...

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, best know as the show runners for Game of Thrones, are going to write and produce a new series of Star Wars movies.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/st...ss-1202689489/

I am already exhausted at the thought of countless memes and jokes that this will flare up.
Does that mean Rian Johnston supposedly "greenlit" series of films has been quietly shelved?

Not sure what their credentials (D and D) are beyond turning the brilliant work of GRR Martin into a sometimes great, sometimes lacklustre TV series. How will they perform with a blank canvass?

As it stands, Johnson is still developing his own trilogy. I hope that stays on course because Johnson has all the correct qualities for the franchise.

Benioff and Weiss, on the other hand...

And, yeah, also, as it stands, Benioff and Weiss are working with their own ideas. If I had to venture a guess, I’d say this is the criminal underworld idea that’s been floating around for years (formerly “Deadwood in space”).

Its disneys best way to make a new trilogy about the Unknown Regions and outer Star Wars far away from Normal space and doing another trilogy maybe set 20 Years after episode 9 or A Bane or A Trilogy having Young Yoda in it but we have a group of jedi we never seen before.

That’s been my go-to Star Wars spin-off idea for years. The smugglers, the criminal underworld and bounty hunters set in the midst of the Galaxy’s turn to imperialism.

But the Game of Thrones guys are not ideal for it.

Or an Old Republic style thing.

I reckon it's arthritis. He is getting on a touch.

Yoda’s rebellious phase and the his origins in space parkour...

Yoda’s rebellious phase and the his origins in space parkour...

Imagine the possibilities. 900 years worth of phases to go through. Junkie? Serial Killer? Work at the Circus? Uses the Force to be a peeping Tom etc. You could do a lot with it.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Could be cool. I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, not a huge fan of Game of Thrones, but I don't really dislike either, and they might be a good fit. A lot of people focus on the tone of Game of Thrones and think how it applies to Star Wars, but, in-reality, it isn't like writers only write something one way and only it, the big "get" is that they have experience with long-form storytelling that has generally been received well.

Roaring.

If anyone could fix the mess at Jar jar Abrams and Disney have made to the Star Wars universe it would be Dan and Dave I have confidence in these two guys that's only if they're up for the challenge.

"Luck don't live out here."
Personally, I'll never be against getting at least one Star Wars movie a year, but I feel like they're moving a bit too quickly for the general fan base. I'm not really sure why they feel the need to announce that there will be two new series (Johnson's and this one) when we won't see the first film of either of them until...like 2020, 2021? Very similar to what WB was doing with DC (announcing a ton of new movies far ahead of their release dates). I dunno. I just think it'd be better to wait and announce this stuff until they're set to start production on the first film in each series. I don't see the point in announcing it this early.

My theory has been that affluence (and a whole lot of things of dubious cultural value) has enabled fan cultures to become worlds unto themselves, and that their was/is a near-infinite appetite for the largest franchises. Really looks like they're going to test that theory over the next 5-6 years.

It’s going to be the lamer version of the studio collapse of the 1950s.