How do you buy your dvds?

Tools    

I buy a lot of DVDs used off of Amazon (especially for Criterion releases) but I can also find some damn good DVDs super cheap at pawn shops. Picked up Shawshank Redemption, Rosemary's Baby, and a few other great titles for 99 cents!

I've avoided the high street for six months and have never regretted it once! I'm sick of buying overpriced items.

This is my small rebellion against the unfair British system - this and other things. Power to the People!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I don't.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sometimes I use a credit card. Other times I use my ATM card. Sometimes, I even use cash.

How do I select them? Well, I try to buy films I love and want in my collection.

Sometimes I chance it and buy films on whim or hope.

I bought The Wolverine - and that was okay. It's an okay action flick. Better than Iron Man 3, or Man of Steel.

I also bought The Hunger Game. What a waste of money. I don't care how cute Jennifer Lawrence is, that movie is CRAP.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
"How do you buy your dvds?"

With sexual favours!

When I can't find an interested party though I have a few fallbacks. These days most of my purchases are blind buys of cheap used dvds, usually from CEX or from zoverstocks on amazon marketplace (or on play where they sometimes have them cheaper). The odd time will also use thatsentertainment.

For new DVDs it is almost exclusively online, aided by find-dvd and hotukdeals. When it comes to buying in stores there are two that I mainly buy from - Sainsburys which have some great deals at times and Fopp. Fopp can have good deals but the main reason I like them is that on their display shelves they have a lot of interesting titles highlighted, not just the usual Transformers and the like that HMV have in their offers. They often feature lots of quirky, indie and foreign films.

I usually like to just buy them at work in the electronic's department. I can usually get a discount and then just have the movie right then and there. Buying a movie online is also an option but I'm kind of impatient and distrusting of online purchases so I really try to avoid them.

Sainsburys which have some great deals at times
^ Yep, Sainsburys(they are stopping the selling of physical formats on their website soon unfortunately and just selling digital films, bla...) and Asda are the best supermarkets for films right now out of the lot of them - Tesco have reduced their film section and are now awful for Blu-rays, well where I am anyway. Morrison's is just as bad.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
^ Yep, Sainsburys(they are stopping the selling of physical formats on their website soon unfortunately and just selling digital films, bla...) and Asda are the best supermarkets for films right now
Aw really? That's a shame. The only problem with Sainsburys in store (certainly the store I go to) is the way the DVDs are sorted. They're never grouped together, meaning you need to go through every one to see what they have. They can have 5 or 6 DVDs back to back and every single one is a different film. So annoying! If you want to check through every one it takes an age.

The People's Republic of Clogher
^ Yep, Sainsburys(they are stopping the selling of physical formats on their website soon unfortunately and just selling digital films, bla...) and Asda are the best supermarkets for films right now out of the lot of them - Tesco have reduced their film section and are now awful for Blu-rays, well where I am anyway. Morrison's is just as bad.
I thought it was just the stores over here, damn. My local Tesco (including my 'new' local since I moved) has cut its selection to the bone recently and Asda is just as bad.

The amount of reductions I'm seeing in my local Sainsburys is either an excellent January sale or an indicator that they're planning to do the same thing.

EDIT - Hang on, that means I'm going to have to go to Xtra-vision.

The one in Omagh seems to have grown an HMV sign as well. Weird...

I used to buy my DVD's from the Cex Store, but I kept having to return them, because the quality of the discs were ridiculous... So for me, Amazon, charity shops, Sainsburys...

http://bradmovietalk.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Aw really? That's a shame. The only problem with Sainsburys in store (certainly the store I go to) is the way the DVDs are sorted. They're never grouped together, meaning you need to go through every one to see what they have. They can have 5 or 6 DVDs back to back and every single one is a different film. So annoying! If you want to check through every one it takes an age.
Old skool, baby! I've spent hours doing that.