The Graduate

→ in
Tools    

I can't believe this is not on my top 10 list!!!

The Graduate is one of the greatest movies ever made and there isn't a thread on it... so let's open one.

Leave your quotes, favourite moments, favourite songs, questions, criticisms here.

I'll start.

Nobody else could have played Benjamin Bratt as well as Dustin Hoffman did. Nobody. It's one of those iconic performances. And the world is grateful that the casting director found Hoffman. He's unique. As is Ben. "I'm a little worried... about my future".

Mrs. Robinson. All young men should have their Mrs. Robinson. "I think you're the most attractive of all my parent's friends."

Katherine Ross. It's frightening how closely she resembles Mrs. Robinson. I fell in love the minute I saw her. I was already strangely attracted to Mrs. Robinson so it only made sense that I'd fall for a younger model. "So old Elaine Robinson got started in a Ford"

Simon & Garfunkel's soundtrack is the best ever written.

Questions:

Does it stand up to scrutiny today? Or is it not the same without the sixties liberation and all that stuff? I'm convinced it's just as successful these days.

Can you honestly say you didn't see the oft-parodied conclusion before you saw the movie?

What's the connection with the TV series Knight Rider?

What was the best parody? Wayne's World? The Simpsons?

Oh and if you haven't seen it, then leave this instant "because that is the sickest, most perverted thing that ever happened to me. And you do what you want but I'm getting the hell out."

Having just seen The Graduate I'm glad I found something about it, though no one replied.

I think it's one of those movies that ages so well, specially combined with the element of Music.

The perfect young man seems tired of being so perfect and all the pressure about his future so he just standsby it.

Great performance by Hoffman, great story and the right amount of twists but for my what really sold it was the music, the environment created by all the songs so perfectly in sync with the scenes, you can't help but to sing along.

Great movie overall!

Having just seen The Graduate I'm glad I found something about it, though no one replied.
Most films don't have their own thread, but there are many posts about The Graduate.

If you want to find some reviews on this site from the film you just saw, you simply need to search for it in the Reviews Section.

Some users have written a review about The Graduate:

http://www.movieforums.com/reviews/s...gher/37247/any

----------------------------------------

I myself consider The Graduate as one of my top 50 favorite films of all time for sure. Some of the most beautiful mood creation in film history. I love it.

This movie is so current. It's unbelievable. There's so much uncertainty and so many people seeking their identity. Then giving up ending up in boredom and dolce-far-niente. Ben at least made a decision and went for it at any cost.

This movie is so current. It's unbelievable. There's so much uncertainty and so many people seeking their identity. Then giving up ending up in boredom and dolce-far-niente. Ben at least made a decision and went for it at any cost.
Boy was he right to pursuit his dreams, leave all the pressure aside and just do what you feel you have to do even if it's crazy
So many who stop chasing, watching their dreams vanishing in time. What a powerful movie indeed

Is anyone checking out the 50th Anniversary Restoration on the big screen this week? Can't make it myself, but I think it sounds great. (And hell, at 50 years old, I wouldn't mind a bit of restoration myself!)