Fatal Casting Errors

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Hmmm, whatever.

sades, you have no taste for the fairer sex I'm afraid.

Carrie Anne Moss might have looked pretty ace in The Matrix but so did Joe Pantoliano when he was up to his neck in leather. Check her out in The Gift and Memento and she looks as ordinary as any humbug streetwalker.

Forget Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu. Drew Barrymore was the sexiest angel. And she was the only one who got the tongue-in-cheek humour just right. Liu downplayed it and Diaz was way too hyper.

And don't you go "whatever"-ing me!

Now With Moveable Parts
I will whatever you, because I sent you a PM like months ago...and you haven't even read it! WHATEVER!!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
I second that nomination. Diaz was the sexiest.

lucy liu was the least likable......just didn't cut it......casting error IMO. but Diaz always seems to come through and Barrymore usually does and is so cute and charming it forgives the times when she comes up slightly short.

i was so pleasantly surprised when i watched Charlie's Angels.....couldn't imagine that it was going to be worth watching. i just loved their kick fighting scenes and was it Mathew modine.....no no no...i mean Crispin Glover! yeah, he was perfectly demented and fun.

Originally posted by bigvalbowski
Carrie Anne Moss might have looked pretty ace in The Matrix but so did Joe Pantoliano when he was up to his neck in leather. Check her out in The Gift and Memento and she looks as ordinary as any humbug streetwalker.
Gee, I thought Carrie Ann Moss was sexier in Memento than in The Matrix. But I don't like the lesbian biker look, so maybe that's just me.

The Shining wouldn't have been half as scary without Shelley Duvall as Wendy Torrance. Just LOOK at her.

And I thought Diaz was by far the worst Angel. None of the angels came off as humorous, which is why I liked Liu the best (she didn't really try to be funny).

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by ryanpaige

Gee, I thought Carrie Ann Moss was sexier in Memento than in The Matrix. But I don't like the lesbian biker look, so maybe that's just me.
Carrie Ann Moss wasn't in the Gift???!!! Oh, that was Ryan quoting bigval...bigval-Carrie ann Moss isn't in the Gift!

Oops. Messed up.

She was in Chocolat. I saw Chocolat and the Gift around the same time. Anyway, both films were crap. And Moss didn't look sexy in whatever film she was in.

She's got a nose like a boxer's. It's all bent out of shape.

will somebody give me a definition of "tongue in cheek"?

Now With Moveable Parts
LOL...she's not in Chocolat either Bigval...hee-hee. Carrie Ann Moss was in the Matrix and Memento and Red Planet...s'okay, you're allowed to make mistakes.

I could have sworn she was in Chocolat...

Where's that Holden Pike guy when you need him?

Oh and for Patti...

tongue-in-cheek (tngn-chk)
adj.
Meant or expressed ironically or facetiously.

Yes, Carrie-Anne Moss was indeed in Chocolat.

Am I the only person here who can use the stinkin' IMDb?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
no. I swear to you...she wasn't. Wait, could she have played the mother of the boy? Hmmm...I don't think so. Perhaps. I'm sure you have her confused with someone else... Oh..okay. She was the mother. I had forgotten. My mistake. Should we be made to feel like we have to use the site you use Holden?

You don't have to use the IMDb the same way or as much as I do, but when you have a specific question that can easily be answered with a few clicks of the keys, why not simply answer it yourself?

Or just wait for me to do it.

Now With Moveable Parts
I remember now...she was the persnickity mother. My bad. We don't need IMDb...we have you dear.

it depends how much you like or no longer like doing the work for us, holden...i think it's kinda cool how we all scream "ask holden"....because you do it so well, and efficiently. IMHO you kinda ARE the IMDb....except we can flirt with you...so you're way better.

Now With Moveable Parts
good one patti!