Best Movie Villains

Tools    

Aside from the classics who appeared in multiple movies such as: Hannibal Lecter, Darth Vader, Agent Smith, and all the horror movie villains, who is your favorite villain from a movie that never had a sequel or prequel.

Keyser Soze would have to be mine. If you don't know who that is, then I suggest you run to blockbuster right now and rent The Usual Suspects.

Two of the most despicable villains I have ever seen on film would have to be Longshanks from Braveheart, and Colonel Tavington from The Patriot.

The movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" had a villian that everyone loved to hate...

I'm pretty sure his name was Potter, but I don't own the movie unfortunately and they only play it on TV around Christmas. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Talk about a villian, he was against everything that was good and descent in this world.

Is that the type of answer you were looking for?

"I am."

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, Mr Potter was his name.

My vote has to be for Clancy Brown as "the Kurgan" from Highlander.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Do BOND villains count? Or are they considered classic?

Walter Peck

was a total dick.

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums Extra
the Joker from the first Batman!

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
Brick Top from Snatch, that guy was ruthless and didn't have any sympathy on the people he killed.

I'm sure there are several other threads on this topic but I'm too lazy to look for them right now....

Norman Stansfield (Gary Oldman) ~ Léon

Archibald Cunningham (Tim Roth) ~ Rob Roy

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Henry Evans(Macaulay Culkin) from the Good Son-He was just utterly evil in all his conniving schemes.

I have to return some videotapes.
Joaquin Phoenix was awesome as Commodus in Gladiator. You had to hate him.

Joaquin Phoenix was awesome as Commodus in Gladiator. You had to hate him.

I totally agree with you

who is your favorite villain from a movie that never had a sequel or prequel.
Cagney's Cody Jarrett in "White Heat." That's one of the few movie character names I remember.

Wilson, the hired gunman played by Jack Palance in "Shane." The scene where he guns down Elijah Cook Jr. (as "Stonewall") is one of the all-time great film moments.

Any and every villian ever played by Lee Marvin. I used to go to Randolph Scott movies just to see Lee Marvin play the bad guy! Even John Wayne couldn't face Liberty Valance!

Henry Evans(Macaulay Culkin) from the Good Son-He was just utterly evil in all his conniving schemes.
I hated Culkin even in "Home Alone"--what a brat! So I've never watched "The Good Son." Was he an even worse child-criminal than the little girl who killed off several people before her own grandmother tried to burn her to death in "The Bad Seed"?

Don't remember the character's name but Robert Mitchum in his summer tourist short-sleeve shirts and that silly little straw hat was much tougher, scarier, and more believable as the really mean villain in the 1962 B&W original "Cape Fear" than De Niro with all his fake prison tattoos in the later remake. If I recall, didn't Polly Bergen actually get a cracked rib when Mitchum slammed her through a door in one scene? Man, Mitchum in that original role would have eaten De Niro and Hannibal Lecter alive!

Tony Montana from Scarface (i still think Al Pacino has some cuban blood in him, he palyed that role to the T !)

Brick Top from Snatch, that guy was ruthless and didn't have any sympathy on the people he killed.
Yes Brick Top was a good 'un.

My best one though has to be Don Logan in Sexy Beast.

Tony Montana from Scarface (i still think Al Pacino has some cuban blood in him, he palyed that role to the T !)
I thought he played a very good seemingly passive devilish devil in 'The Devi's Advocate' if that makes sense lol.

I once read a discussion of Shakespeare's work in which some knowledgeable critics agreed that Iago in "Othello" is the most complicated and throughly evil villain in the 400 years since he was first written. "Othello," of course, has been produced in film several times.