Movie/ Quote Game

Tools    

Exactly the same rules as the Movie/Actor Game that's been running for such a long time.

I'll say a quote and the person who guesses it has to say a quote. To keep it a bit linear and make it a bit easier though, the subsequent quote has to be in some way linked with the other film.

E.g.

"Phone Home."

Answer: ET

"Welcome to Jurassic Park"

Answer: Jurassic Park

Connection: Steven Spielberg.

Here's the Quote:

"You can't buy the necessities of life with cookies"

Keep 'em fairly straightforward and mainstream. That applies especially to Mr Holden Pike. If it's too difficult, it's no fun.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Edward Scissorhands??

If that's it..

"Wait til they get a load of me"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Beetlejuice is probably my best guess.

But is it Batman?

Give us a clue. That quote is too obscure.

"Wait 'til they get a load of me" is of course Nicholson as The Joker in Batman (1989). It's not at all obscure, one of the most quoted lines from the film.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
"The Shining"

The only connection between Batman and The Shining, is Nicholson.

So...since I can't think of a quote from a certain group of movies, by a certain liked/disliked director...I pass the torch on to someone who can.

"Well now, what happened is, uh, one of our Base Commanders, he had a sort of - well, he went a little funny in the head. You know, just a little...funny. And, ah...he went and did a silly thing......Well I'll tell you what he did. He ordered his planes...to attack your country, ah....Well let me finish, Dimitri....Let me finish Dimitri....Well listen, how do you think I feel about it?....Can you imagine how I feel about it, Dimitri?....Why do you think I'm calling you, just to say hello?....Of course I like to speak to you....Of course I like to say hello....Not now, but anytime, Dimitri. I'm just calling up to tell you something terrible has happened.....It's a friendly call, of course it's a friendly call. Listen, if it wasn't friendly...you probably wouldn't have even got it."
That's President Merkin Muffley in
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
The link of course is that The Shining and Strangelove were directed by Stanley Kubrick.

NEXT:
"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well, and all will be well in the garden."

Being There (Peter Sellers is the link).

Next:

"When you're in love with a married man you shouldn't wear mascara."

The Apartment.
The link with Being There is Shirley MacLaine.

"When he's eighteen he can make up his own mind, whether he wants to be a Capitalist or a rich Communist."

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
One, Two, Three
The link is Billy Wilder

"And right through here's our operations lieutenant, Enrico Patrone, who on weekends works for the mafia."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

The links are the words One Two Three.

"Good evening, everyone, and welcome to The Rocky Horror Picture Show!"

Happy New Year from Philly!
The movie is Fame and the link is that they are both set in New York City.

"Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee. Lousy with virginity."

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
The movie is Grease and I think the link is that they are both musicals about high schoolers

"The truth? I thought we were talking about a court of law. Come on, you've been around long enough to know that a courtroom isn't a place to look for the truth."

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
... and justice for all?

not sure though

okay, I apologise for the language now:

"Time to suck today's d*ck"

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

"Time to suck today's d*ck"

the quote is from Pineapple Express, but I don't know the connection to ...and Justice for All

next:

"If we can get a picture of Julia Roberts in a thong, we can certainly get a picture of this weirdo."