Fatal Casting Errors

Tools    

Frodo Wood and Charlie Hunnam in Green Street was horrible.
Seeing a Hobbit and a guy from Newcastle fighting for an East London football club was just stupid. Hunnam's accent was piss poor as well. Surely they could have found a proper cockney to play the role.
Really? Man I loved that movie and though Elijah Wood did well in it. I also thought Hunnam's accent set the mood of the culture extremely well (although I've only been to london once and dont know a damn thing about a PROPER cockney accent). Maybe I'm just biased because I really like that movie.

Now on topic:

Zooey Dechanel in The Happening. I dont really like her as an actress, but Mark Wahlberg's love interest? yeah right. That might fly with Jim Carrey but she just seemed out of place in The Happening.

Making a difference
Despite that I love to watch his movie always wished he never did this one. Though, he is not one of the greatest Irish Hollywood actors but I never miss to see movies he stars in. Colin Farrell in Alexander didn't work for me.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Speaking of bad accents. Brad Pitt played an Irishman in The Devil's Own. He could not pull that off.
...but he did a brilliant Pikey accent in Snatch.

Also Jonny, I did enjoy the movie purely from the point that it's a bit of a "lad's movie" with all the football violence and was a fun watch. Football Factory is still my favourite hooligan movie though. As for Hunnam, the reason I said he was bad casting is because he's originally from Newcastle where they have very strong accents which sound nothing like what a West Ham supporter's accent would sound like.

Originally Posted by Johnny Chimpo
Zooey [Deschanel] in The Happening. I dont really like her as an actress, but Mark Wahlberg's love interest? yeah right. That might fly with Jim Carrey but she just seemed out of place in The Happening.
You're very confused: Zooey Deschanel is my love interest.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
John Wayne in as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror (1956). How funny is that!
Good call.

I didn't think to go that direction.

Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Thopher Grace as Eddie Brock. . . 'Nuff said.

...uh the post is up there...

In the Beginning...
Keanu Reeves[/i] in Bram Stoker's Dracula.
For that matter, how about Keanu Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing? He's an emotional vacuum already, so expecting him to play an angst-infected Shakespearean villain is just looney tunes.

The absolute worst casting mistake ever was not made by a studio or a producer but by an actor's agent. When Elvis Presley was about to break into movies there was strong talk about casting him as the young brother in The Rainmaker with Katherine Hepburn and Burt Lancaster, adapted from a successful Broadway play. Presley even said in a press conference that he was going to play that role in what was to be his very first film. But his manager, the self-styled Col. Parker, nixed the deal because the studio refused to change the script to allow Presley to sing a couple of songs that could then be released as singles and fatten Parker's pocketbook through his majority ownership of Presley. Instead, the plum role in the technicolor widescreen film went to then-unknow Earl Holiman and made him a star, while Presley debut in a regular screen B&W B movie with a B cast, the forgetable Love Me Tender, which sort of set the tone for the rest of his film career.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
With the exception of Leaving Las Vegas (which is to Nic Cage, what The Matrix was the Keanu Reeves) I'd say he's been miscast in every film he's ever been in.

I second that!

That John Wayne one is hella funny but there is one fatal casting that would tear apart the galaxy as we know it and that is mr robot himself Hayden Christensen from the mess that is the star wars prequels

Speaking of bad accents. Brad Pitt played an Irishman in The Devil's Own. He could not pull that off.
Agreed, and he also made it known publicly that he hated the movie.

Banned from Hollywood.
Once Upon A Time in America. I don't know if anyone in the States has seen the 4 hour version or any version of this movie but it is possibly the greatest gangster film ever
Other casting errors.

I
Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Way too over the top Jack. I would have preferred more menace, less insanity. I know, he goes crazy, but Jack was too much.

Shelley Duvall in anything. But that's a seperate post.

Once upon a time in america is more of a social movie than a gangster movie in my eyes.

Jack NIcholson was terrific in the shining , not over the top at all.you could totally buy that he was going insane etc...

and i totally agree with you with shelley duvall. I thought i was the only one who thought she was a really bad actress.

but then again i also consider, Keanu Reeves (Thumbsucker escluded) and nicholas cage to be incredibly bad actors as well, but like you said that's for a separate post.

Banned from Hollywood.
Pierce Brosnan as James Bond- zero charisma, zero physical threat and jusyt plain wrong for the role.

Julia Roberts in "Erin Brokovich"- it takes undeniable skill to destroy a Soderburgh film but she manages to. Hollow acting, zero empathy and she actually made me want the bad guys to win.

Pierce Brosnan: more like incredibly talented actor..but i guess this post is from 2001..so you re forgiven

and

Julia ROberts incredibly bad actress. i m amazed they even gave her the oscar.