Who owns an iPod?

Tools    

I don't know much about ipods, though I would like one... this iriver thing sounds cooler, though, since it plays videos. I had never heard of iriver before though.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
What format you use, i have most my tracks on WMA, which are half the size of mp3 so i have like double storage, in effect.
WMA is fine when you're playing music through your computer but I prefer mp3s that are at least 192kbps. I transfer them to my iPod and connect it to my Home Cinema system where you tend to notice the quality more.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

I think I'm going to join the dark side and buy the new iPod (the black one).

15,000 songs, 25,000 photos and 150 hours of video! iTunes are also going to make TV shows available for download, for around £1/$2 per episode. Sounds great!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well, I broke down and got one of these babies for about $120 from geeks.com. It's a 20GB music player (Windows-based, uses WMP), and although the controls aren't as user-friendly as an iPod, it cost me about a third of the price. I've put all the albums I own on it (which is a fair amount), and I still have over half of it free!

Cheap, huge hard disk size, and had all the accessories and cables I need: adapter, neoprene sleeve, earbuds with built-in microphone (it's also a voice recorder), USB transfer cable, and software.

For the price, I like it. If money were no object, I'd have a similar iPod, but money IS an object, so this is a great compromise for me. And, with my tape adapter in the car, I have every album I own with me at all times. LOVE new technology.

ipod nano

I have a Dell. I love it. It has a FM radio on it too.

I just ordered a 30 GB video iPod from apple.com. It should arrive in the next week or so. Looks pretty darn good!

My IPod Mini is almost full!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Originally Posted by joshuafor
My IPod Mini is almost full!
how many songs you have in there?

[quote=HellboyUnleashed]The only problem with the iPod in my opinion, is the battery. after a while it starts to work for less and less amounts of time b/ charges. so u have ot charge it more.

I've experienced that problem with my ipod as well. I have a Mini and I've noticed that not only does the ipod battery not last as long but I have a Laptop and its battery is dying as well. Other than that-I have no complaints.

Originally Posted by superwinner
I have a Dell. I love it. It has a FM radio on it too.
I just heard about the ditty not too long ago. A friend was passing along the ditty-o.com like it was silly juice. I took a swig- silly juice is just that-silly. But anyway, is it satellite radio or does it just pick up local stations?

Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
The only problem with the iPod in my opinion, is the battery. after a while it starts to work for less and less amounts of time b/ charges. so u have ot charge it more.
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I've experienced that problem with my ipod as well.
You should both only charge your iPod when it needs charging. Wait until the battery is actually flat, and not just when it's really low. Keep playing music until it turns off itself, then charge it.

Charging it all the time will just make the battery life worst.

I bought mine a year ago (40GB) and it's not functioning too well by now...
*shakes fist*

And last month iPod released nano. Grrr.....
*shakes double fists*

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
You should both only charge your iPod when it needs charging. Wait until the battery is actually flat, and not just when it's really low. Keep playing music until it turns off itself, then charge it.

Charging it all the time will just make the battery life worst.

I'll give that a try-thanks for the advice.

Taking care of planet Earth
I own a 3g iPod. I had it for about a year and a half and now it doesn't work. I know it was out of warranty but I expect it to last a bit longer than that. My old DVD player was in use until about a month ago, that was almost seven years old and was still working fine.

Conclusion: I will never buy another iPod. The new Sony HD MP3 players look nice though.

Originally Posted by Clark Nova
I own a 3g iPod. I had it for about a year and a half and now it doesn't work. I know it was out of warranty but I expect it to last a bit longer than that. My old DVD player was in use until about a month ago, that was almost seven years old and was still working fine.

Conclusion: I will never buy another iPod. The new Sony HD MP3 players look nice though.
You just need to replace the battery; something made fairly clear via both Apple's website and, I believe, the product's manual and such. If you bought it before a certain date, you may even qualify for a free replacement.

It's not a complicated situation, but some people seem positively baffled by it; early on, angry websites sprouted up that more or less declared that the iPod became "useless" after 18 months, as if they were unfamiliar with the concept of battery replacement, even though virtually every major portable electronics device over the last decade occasionally requires it.

Taking care of planet Earth
Originally Posted by Yoda
You just need to replace the battery; something made fairly clear via both Apple's website and, I believe, the product's manual and such. If you bought it before a certain date, you may even qualify for a free replacement.

It's not a complicated situation, but some people seem positively baffled by it; early on, angry websites sprouted up that more or less declared that the iPod became "useless" after 18 months, as if they were unfamiliar with the concept of battery replacement, even though virtually every major portable electronics device over the last decade occasionally requires it.
Theproblem isn't the battery at all, it's the hard drive. The battery life isn't what it used to be but would still be enough for my daily use of it. When I play music (or whatever) on my ipod the sound is fine for about a minute but after that it crackles, fades in and out for a bit and is generally unlistenable. I tried reflashing the software to the ipod three times but that hasn't helped at all. If it isn't software or battery I'm sure that it's the hard drive. To add to it, sometimes I can hear a clicking coming from the ipod too. When a hard drive is on it's last legs you do generally hear a clicking noise as the actuactor in the drive itself is unable to read information correctly.